Comments

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if he drops the INT the game is over.....smh wow what a clutz
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the after show of nfl 100 thank ? someone said flacco isn't top 10 and its to high.... He really didnt have a good season and like the saints fb said there where 3 dropped int in the broncos game.

He talked about how Joe flacco just tosses it in the air and his receivers just come down with it petty much saying the D had some missed opportunities.

By the way they where talking up romo. Gerald McCoy said the dline had a smile on their face when going up against dallas weak oline.

the bolded says it all.....by the way we won that game.....romo da gawd
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a top 10. That playoff run was flawless. Wasnt he the only QB to win the Ship with no picks?

isnt this all u can ask for from a QB, lol yall should take notes and stop being salty.
  • bankrupt baller
    Options
    He's a top 10. That playoff run was flawless. Wasnt he the only QB to win the Ship with no picks?

joe montana says hi....and he says it 4 times
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His playoff run for a QB was the luckiest I ever seen. Only other QB I seen get that lucky with dropped or misread INTS and blown coverages was....you guessed it Brett favre. Favre made a career of it. Flacco will be average ole joe when its all said and done.
  • bankrupt baller
    Options

joe montana says hi....and he says it 4 times

Joe Montania didnt throw any picks on his Super Bowl runs?

my bad...thought you were talking about just superbowls lol
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

isnt this all u can ask for from a QB, lol yall should take notes and stop being salty.

He wasn't flawless though.... He he made alot of mistakes in the playoffs and people didnt capitalize on them. Joe Flaccos a good qb just not top 10. He stares down his receivers doesn't go through progressions, doesn't read defenses, doesn't audible.... He has holes in his games and he's had the same ones since e got the league...
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the after show of nfl 100 thank ? someone said flacco isn't top 10 and its to high.... He really didnt have a good season and like the saints fb said there where 3 dropped int in the broncos game.

He talked about how Joe flacco just tosses it in the air and his receivers just come down with it petty much saying the D had some missed opportunities.

By the way they where talking up romo. Gerald McCoy said the dline had a smile on their face when going up against dallas weak oline.

Wouldn't say Flacco isn't top 10, but Denvers cornerbacks inability to catch the football helped Flacco's numbers look good in the playoffs.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    montana repeated superbowl wins
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

He wasn't flawless though.... He he made alot of mistakes in the playoffs and people didnt capitalize on them. Joe Flaccos a good qb just not top 10. He stares down his receivers doesn't go through progressions, doesn't read defenses, doesn't audible.... He has holes in his games and he's had the same ones since e got the league...

Every QB makes mistakes in playoff games though.

You're not understanding me Joe flacco has flaws that he hasn't improved on at all. The guy makes numerous mistakes throughout every game on many plays to where its almost every series. He still doesn't go through his progressions, he still can't read defenses, he doesn't have audibles, he's not good at looking off receivers unless its o. A screen and the play is designed for him to do so. He just hasn't improved as a player. His numbers might go up but that doesn't mean he's cured his flaws. I don't mind if he throws 3 int its how he goes about playing the game.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli manning isnt above romo... Flacco didnt have a great season and it was stated he threw int uts just no one capiyalized on his mistakes. Players that watch film are actually telling you Flacco is overrated... Ed Reed doesnt like Flacco....

Sherlock+Epiphany.gif
    are you on heroin?

i cant lie i thought eli was wack until his first superbowl run....but my disdain mainly comes from his personality and posture. as a football player tho hes NICE

romo doesnt have 1/4 of the clutch genes eli has shown

you ought to be ashamed of yourself

Shame+Shame.gif

Define that and then prove it and show you can do more than post gifs
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli was like 50 yards shy if 5,000 two years ago.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    2 more game winning drives funny thing is Tony romo should have more in one of the games Eli had a game winning drive was against the cowboys but.... Romo had 4tds 0 int 400 yds and Eli threw int to put his team behind the cowboys in the first place. Romo also had a loss to the saint where he had better numbers than Brees where he threw 400 yds 4 tds and 0int....

Also you have to consider on that list you have it's who had the most 4th qtr comebacks in a season not overall and romo did lead the league last year in 4th qtr comebacks.

I've also talked to Everson walls and alot of players think Eli is overrated and he doesn't deserve to have superbowl wins let me show you 2 examples... And I can show you much more....

http://youtu.be/27XeNefwABw

You remember this superbowl pass where Eli throws the ball across his body and tyree catches it... There's alot wrong with this play.

1. Every qb in high school is told not to throw the ball across you're body into the middle of the field or it'll be picked

2. There's a post route underneath that's open

3. The play is 3rd and 5 on a final drive and you still have another down and that's you're choice seriously???

Here's a play that actually happened twice in 2 different series against the 49ers in the NFC championship.

http://youtu.be/lbWnNlpa5oc

This happened in almost the same play on back to back drives where the int was dropped Eli kept making mistakes all game and never had to pay for it (how is this greatness or being clutch)

His second superbowl was terrible and Peyton manning his brother questioned his decisions and on mike and mike Eli states he just didnt see certain players on plays where the ball should've been int plus Eli was going up against ? patriots defenses.

I also asked Everson walls what he thought of Eli and he clearly stated if you wath tape romo is clearly a better qb than Eli and he says superbowls really don't mean anything. Eli is the player putting his team behind in games for 4th qtr comebacks plus romo overall has better numbers than Eli in the 4th anyway.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    2 more game winning drives funny thing is Tony romo should have more in one of the games Eli had a game winning drive was against the cowboys but.... Romo had 4tds 0 int 400 yds and Eli threw int to put his team behind the cowboys in the first place. Romo also had a loss to the saint where he had better numbers than Brees where he threw 400 yds 4 tds and 0int....

Also you have to consider on that list you have it's who had the most 4th qtr comebacks in a season not overall and romo did lead the league last year in 4th qtr comebacks.

I've also talked to Everson walls and alot of players think Eli is overrated and he doesn't deserve to have superbowl wins let me show you 2 examples... And I can show you much more....

You remember this superbowl pass where Eli throws the ball across his body and tyree catches it... There's alot wrong with this play.

1. Every qb in high school is told not to throw the ball across you're body into the middle of the field or it'll be picked

3. The play is 3rd and 5 on a final drive and you still have another down and that's you're choice seriously???

Here's a play that actually happened twice in 2 different series against the 49ers in the NFC championship.

This happened in almost the same play on back to back drives where the int was dropped Eli kept making mistakes all game and never had to pay for it (how is this greatness or being clutch)

His second superbowl was terrible and Peyton manning his brother questioned his decisions and on mike and mike Eli states he just didnt see certain players on plays where the ball should've been int plus Eli was going up against ? patriots defenses.

I also asked Everson walls what he thought of Eli and he clearly stated if you wath tape romo is clearly a better qb than Eli and he says superbowls really don't mean anything. Eli is the player putting his team behind in games for 4th qtr comebacks plus romo overall has better numbers than Eli in the 4th anyway.

romo couldnt have led the league in comebacks last year because luck had 7...romo had 5

those 5 were his career best

but since those were representative of gwd put together in a season....here are the tops in career for active players

1. Peyton Manning (36) 49 1998-2012 2TM View Game-Winning Drives
    2. Tom Brady (35) 37 2000-2012 nwe View Game-Winning Drives
    3. Drew Brees (33) 31 2001-2012 2TM View Game-Winning Drives
    4. Ben Roethlisberger (30) 29 2004-2012 pit View Game-Winning Drives
    5. Eli Manning (31) 28 2004-2012 nyg View Game-Winning Drives
    6. Matt Hasselbeck (37) 24 1999-2012 3TM View Game-Winning Drives
    7. Matt Ryan (27) 23 2008-2012 atl View Game-Winning Drives
    8. Carson Palmer (33) 20 2004-2012 2TM View Game-Winning Drives
    9. Tony Romo (32) 19 2004-2012 dal View Game-Winning Drives
    10. Jay Cutler (29) 17 2006-2012 2TM View Game-Winning Drives
    11. Philip Rivers (31) 16 2004-2012 sdg View Game-Winning Drives
    12. Joe Flacco (27) 15 2008-2012 rav View Game-Winning Drives
    13. Michael Vick (32) 14 2001-2012 2TM View Game-Winning Drives
    14. Mark Sanchez (26) 12 2009-2012 nyj View Game-Winning Drives
    Matt Schaub (31) 12 2004-2012 2TM View Game-Winning Drives
    Alex Smith (28) 12 2005-2012 sfo View Game-Winning Drives

frame it however you like but romo aint producing when it COUNTS. hes not clutch

you can ? on flacco all you want but he shows up when its playoff time.

there are miracle plays that happen for everyone and change seasons. good players over come bad breaks and take advantage of good ones....your guy has yet to do either

we're all fans but damn fam you cant be serious w this romo ? .

Actually flacco doesn't produce in the playoffs everyone talks about that pats game and says flacco should've won against the pats but they don't talk about the terrible game he had before against the texans which was complete ? . You also have to consider romo has no oline... So when his oline crashes from up the middle it makes everything even harder.
  • bankrupt baller
    Options
    clutch genes....lol
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

romo couldnt have led the league in comebacks last year because luck had 7...romo had 5

but since those were representative of gwd put together in a season....here are the tops in career for active players

frame it however you like but romo aint producing when it COUNTS. hes not clutch

there are miracle plays that happen for everyone and change seasons. good players over come bad breaks and take advantage of good ones....your guy has yet to do either

Actually flacco doesn't produce in the playoffs everyone talks about that pats game and says flacco should've won against the pats but they don't talk about the terrible game he had before against the texans which was complete ? . You also have to consider romo has no oline... So when his oline crashes from up the middle it makes everything even harder.

?
    the media ate flacco alive the week leading up to his AFC championship game that year due to his ? play in the previous game. even his own teammate ed reed called him out. they used that game as evidence of him holding his team back
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

? said by people that have revisionist history and don't follow the cowboys.

In order to know all of romo's failures and successes, you'd have to watch every single cowboy game. Which, unless you were a cowboy fan, you wouldn't do. So lol @ you acting like you know romo as a qb based off the 3-4 sportscenter highlights you've seen.

I can guarantee that for every time you can name a time where romo single handedly did some ? where he lost the game, I can name a time where he put the team in position to win or did win.

And then when you run out I'll still have more.

And that in itself will ? on your theory of him not producing when it counts.
  • BlackxChild
    Options

?
    the media ate flacco alive the week leading up to his AFC championship game that year due to his ? play in the previous game. even his own teammate ed reed called him out. they used that game as evidence of him holding his team back
    If you're teammate a respected guy who no one hates is talking trash about you and calling the facility and tattling on you and other people say behind closed doors people say stuff about flacco that should tell you something...
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

? said by people that have revisionist history and don't follow the cowboys.

In order to know all of romo's failures and successes, you'd have to watch every single cowboy game. Which, unless you were a cowboy fan, you wouldn't do. So lol @ you acting like you know romo as a qb based off the 3-4 sportscenter highlights you've seen.

I can guarantee that for every time you can name a time where romo single handedly did some ? where he lost the game, I can name a time where he put the team in position to win or did win.

And then when you run out I'll still have more.

And that in itself will ? on your theory of him not producing when it counts.

The one thing no one mentions about the redskins game is cowboys couldn't move the ball without romo getting the ball out of his hands in 2 secs or less and when he threw that pick at the end he was rushed right up the middle and was tired of negative plays from olineman jumpin off side and getting sacked and dealing with 2nd and 20 throughout the whole game. The only positive plays where the ones where he broke a tackle or got the ball out incredibly fast he had no choice but to say ? it and throw ints.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubletee wrote: »
    Kamp123 wrote: »
    While everbody is talking about if he's a top 10 qb joe got a super bowl RING.

*fixed*...had to make that singular for ya.....rothlisberger has ring(s) Brady has ring(s) Eli,....

Ben got carried by a top 5 defense whenever that team has even been CLOSE to successful.

Brady got carried to his first two by defense, eli got carried to his first by defense.

While cool joe went out there and balled when his defense was playing some of the worst ball they ever played.

Flacco went out there and lead the charge on a playoff run thay rivaled HALL OF FAMERS, please stop comparing him to your ? quarterback that cant even make the playoffs without his defense carrying him.

The scorn is so sweet.