DO YOU "ACCEPT" PEOPLE COMING OUT? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THAT LIFE?

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DROCRAZY wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    Do you choose to be straight ?

He'll more than likely say yes.

This ? on so many people, so they say, "yes I choose to be straight", rather than, "I don't need to think about it, I am naturally attracted to the opposite sex".

They're basically saying they've given being ? a thought.

NAW, I DIDNT SAY THAT...THANK YOU SIR....

LIKE I SAID, ITS NATURAL TO BE STRAIGHT (UNLESS YOU WERE MOLESTED OR SOME ? )

Nope.

Many people can tell you otherwise.

Plus you didn't answer.

Did you choose to be straight?
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What grown men do in their spare time doesn't concern me as long as they don't hurt others with whatever they're doing. I've been following NBA for years and I hadn't really heard of this ? n*gga TBH. Looked up his stats when the story broke and they weren't that impressive (no disrespect). It's kinda sad and funny that this n*gga 's biggest moment is him coming out instead of anything basketball related...

I got nothing against that ? lifestyle. I'm wearing Dolce & Gabbana sweatpants as I'm typing. What I don't like is the way these ? activists and the liberal media try to shove that lifestyle down everyone's throat. Not everyone is gonna accept your lifestyle. It has gotten to the point where you can't say anything they don't wanna hear or be called homophobe and face censorship. That's one thing I gotta hand to them. Unlike blacks they know how to pool their money together. Their lobby groups are strong.
    I think it's disrespectful to compare their 'struggle' to blacks. You can't hide being black, while you can hide being ? ...

I also don't like the fact some of these activists are trying to shift anything their way. Like for instance if the 'holy' scriptures of a religion state that engaging in that lifestyle is a sin or w/e and that religion has been there several centuries, why would you try to change that? Like as a muslim I have the right to state that being a practising homosexual is sinful. Don't shame people into changing their religious beliefsystem so you'll feel better about yourself. It's like they realize time is on their side now and they wanna strike while the iron's hot...
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ? whether it's a choice or not. I doubt it's the same for all ? people. If a ? was "attracted to" animals, I'm sure people wouldn't be arguing about whether or not he was "born that way".

Back to the thread topic though, ? don't need to come out and the media doesn't need to over publicize that ? but they do.

I agree w/ Dro's original post. Collins came out, even though nobody really cares, and a bunch of celebrities showed support - but why did they have to do that? Nobody gives a ? .

So now if you don't "commend" this ? on being ? , there's an issue ?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ITS NATURAL/NORMAL TO BE STRAIGHT..

THE KEY GOES INTO THE KEY HOLE.. THATS HOW ? MADE IT....

SHALL WE GO ON?

says who ?

Umm... says nature?
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know what the point is to him announcing it.

I dont agree with the lifestyle but truth be told I give no ? about whether the next man or woman is ? or lesbians.

It isnt effecting my money, health, or love ones so I could care less

Its not my job to put anyone in a jail cell or send anyone to hell so it's really none of my business.

Homosexuals been around since the beginning of time and they will be around at the end of time to.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people think being ? is a choice. Just MsSouthern said, nobody chooses to be straight. It's just in your nature. Nobody taught you to be attracted to women. You just are. Same for ? who are ? . They didn't wake up one day and say 'I'm going to be attracted to men now.'. They just are. ? seems pretty clear to me.

SO YOU TELLING ME THAT KIDS/TEENS AINT JUST BEING/DOING ? ? CAUSE ITS IN NOW?..

LIKE THAT 1 CHICK THAT GOT THE "I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT SONG".. U THINK THEM LIL GIRLS WASNT DOING THAT ? ?... OH OK
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    I swear I read that as if this ? was yellin. Smh. But I gotta agree with Dro. Being black isn't a choice. Your sexuality on other hand is a choice. You choose to act on that attraction.

Me personally, I have no problems with the brotha coming out. That's his life. I yawn @ it b/c someone being ? doesn't really hold that shock value like it did years ago. It's more accepted in mainstream media nowadays to where folks are like "Ok. And?"

Don't understand why he had to mention he was black tho? Like folks didn't figure that out.

But you just made a clear distinction, though. You are either born with an attraction to men or to women. No choice in that matter. Whether or not you act on it is a different thing. That's like saying a ? who is attracted to only men but has sex with women only cause he doesn't want to be ridiculed isn't ? . That ? is still ? as ? . Just hasn't acted on it.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options

This ? on so many people, so they say, "yes I choose to be straight", rather than, "I don't need to think about it, I am naturally attracted to the opposite sex".

Nope.

Plus you didn't answer.

NO... IM NATURALLY STRAIGHT
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The point of telling everyone is to Let the people around you know about the life you may or may not have been hiding.

I dont think the media pushes this to,make the world accept gayness, but to let people know its okay to be who you are.

I don't agree with that. The media is most definitely trying to make the world accept gayness. If it was just a matter of letting people know it's okay to be who you are, they'd just find ways to make that general statement. Instead, they push the ? agenda. It's one thing to talk about ? right in a political setting. It's another thing to flood every media outlet with conversation about a ? dude making it known that he's ? .
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not mad at him for doing it. I'm just tired of this whole thing. Let ? be ? and be done with it. I watch basketball because I like the sport, and I don't need to know who they are ? . The fact that I can't even get through a game wrap-up without some 20 minute long conversation about some dude admitting he likes to pack fudge is ridiculous.

And I hate the comparison of being black to being homosexual. It's not the same thing at all. When it all comes down to it, a person's sexuality is their own business. There is no reason it should be public, and if they choose to make it public then it's on them to deal with whatever consequences arise. You can't hide being black. It's not something you can privatize or keep to yourself. It's who you are, not something that revolves around what you do.

This.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    I'm not sure why people think being ? is a choice. Just MsSouthern said, nobody chooses to be straight. It's just in your nature. Nobody taught you to be attracted to women. You just are. Same for ? who are ? . They didn't wake up one day and say 'I'm going to be attracted to men now.'. They just are. ? seems pretty clear to me.

LIKE THAT 1 CHICK THAT GOT THE "I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT SONG".. U THINK THEM LIL GIRLS WASNT DOING THAT ? ?... OH OK

Dro, you smarter that this, son.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    lol

If you can't come up with an answer for what I'm asking .....just say so

I'm only contributing to your thread Dro

NOT ABOUT AN ANSWER... I SAID ? MADE IT LIKE THAT AN DU SAID 'SAYS WHO".. NOT YOU BOUT TO GO WAYYYYY LEFT WITH ANOTHER CONVO AND IT AINT ABOUT THAT
  • GeminiRose
    GeminiRose Members Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? people try to force "that life" on everybody else and I'm against it. I have ? in the family and I love them dearly but I can't get with the lifestyle.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    Man you ? weird. Anytime their is a first of something it's gong to be announced is will be big news. ? don't bother me. At all. The bigots back in the civil rights days were prolly saying the same ? about ? .

I DONT CARE ABOUT HIM BEING 1ST.. THAT AINT WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT..

I ASKED DO YOU ACCEPT IT LIKE ITS COOL AND DO YOU SUPPORT IT..

Why u wanna know so bad?

Look Dro, for what its worth, you'll still be a top 10 poster in my eyes, although I prolly wont quote u anymore or give u anymore reactions...word.

UMM.. I DONT KNOW IF YOU CAN READ OR NOT, BUT THIS AINT A ROASTING THREAD.. GONE TO THE DONKEY.. THANK YOU SIR.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The point of telling everyone is to Let the people around you know about the life you may or may not have been hiding.

I dont think the media pushes this to,make the world accept gayness, but to let people know its okay to be who you are.

I don't agree with that. The media is most definitely trying to make the world accept gayness. If it was just a matter of letting people know it's okay to be who you are, they'd just find ways to make that general statement. Instead, they push the ? agenda. It's one thing to talk about ? right in a political setting. It's another thing to flood every media outlet with conversation about a ? dude making it known that he's ? .

I don't know what Collins' reason was for making the announcement, but that's definitely the media's agenda. They won't be happy until they can mention the word "? " and everybody starts clapping. People have every right to not agree or think that ? is unnatural.

And some of the people who made public statements supporting him, including the Obamas, are probably doing that ? to further their own agendas.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options

Dro, you smarter that this, son.

U OBVIOUSLY NOT.. JUST LIKE DRUGS, SKINNY JEANS, OR ANY OTHER THINGS THAT DEEMED AS COOL, MOST KIDS/TEENS WILL FOLLOW IT... FACTS
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope.

Plus you didn't answer.

So how is no one naturally ? ? Not one human being is naturally attracted to the same sex?
  • Wonder Girl
    Wonder Girl Members Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Whats pushing the ? agenda?

This man is a public figure and no matter what someone would, have found out and then his business is everywhere. Its only so big cause he famous.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is

Nope.

Plus you didn't answer.

Okay, so you never had to think about your attraction to what sex, it was natural for you to like women. The same thing goes for homosexuals, they naturally like the opposite sex.

How the hell are you going to say that it's impossible? You already have a natural attraction, so they cannot?

Talk to a ? , ask them at what age they knew they were ? and if its natural. You'll get the same answer you provided, they were naturally attracted.

Don't start with "? intended" ? , because everyone does ? that would be considered "unnatural" in "gods" eyes.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Whats pushing the ? agenda?

This man is a public figure and no matter what someone would, have found out and then his business is everywhere. Its only so big cause he famous.

The dude has been ? . He even said other people knew. No one cares that much. It's only a big issue because he revealed it and now every news outlet is making it the top story. That's pushing an agenda. This ? shouldn't be front page news. Should it be reported? Yeah, I guess, but with all the ? going on nowadays, this should not be the biggest topic around.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I do agree that there's a large portion of the media that goes on too hard of an attack when someone disagrees with being ? . Part of something being normalized is people disagreeing with it and that's something they're just going to have to accept. As well as people making jokes about ? folks and stop being so damned sensitive. It's funny that in trying to defend ? people they often act out one of the most common stereotypes, being overly sensitive.

Thing is though, when folks disagree with being ? they often don't keep it to just being ? it becomes that person is an abomination, worthless, less than human, doesn't deserve certain things etc. Yeah people have been killed and still are in parts of the world for being ? . That's what the coming out thing is for. To show people that ? folks are just that, normal people and their sexuality doesn't define the whole of who they are no more than it does us men who love ? or if you a hetero woman.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    nature says... there is Male... and Female...

They use their reproductive organs to procreate

Male Vs Male reproductive organs is UNNATURAL. thats not what they're there for,b. ? how people feel about it. ? how ? feel. ? religion. ? beliefs.

we talkin facts and science. That ? is NOT NATURAL, b.

edit: and i feel i have to add, i dont hate ? . jus cuz i dont hate em dont mean i dont think they are wrong. my step bro was ? , RIP to him
  • mryounggun
    Options
    I swear I read that as if this ? was yellin. Smh. But I gotta agree with Dro. Being black isn't a choice. Your sexuality on other hand is a choice. You choose to act on that attraction.

Me personally, I have no problems with the brotha coming out. That's his life. I yawn @ it b/c someone being ? doesn't really hold that shock value like it did years ago. It's more accepted in mainstream media nowadays to where folks are like "Ok. And?"

Don't understand why he had to mention he was black tho? Like folks didn't figure that out.

But you just made a clear distinction, though. You are either born with an attraction to men or to women. No choice in that matter. Whether or not you act on it is a different thing. That's like saying a ? who is attracted to only men but has sex with women only cause he doesn't want to be ridiculed isn't ? . That ? is still ? as ? . Just hasn't acted on it.

So what about the dudes that go to jail and ? other men? Was every man that went to jail and wound up having homosexual sex ? from the start, or was it something they chose to be based on the situation. What about all these chicks that are either doing ? ? because they are fed up with men or as part of a fad. Were they always ? ? And are they still ? even when they grow out of the phase, go back to men, and never look back.

I'm not saying there aren't people who are ? from birth and never really exhibited any other traits, but I think it's too broad a statement to say that being ? is not a choice. Lots of people make that choice.

Good point. But here's the thing: My definition (the RIGHT definition) of 'homosexual' is pretty well defined. People who are sexually attracted to the same sex. Think about that and then reconsider those questions you asked.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So a serial killer for example was born to ? ? Or someone is born a racist? Just b/c you have that "desire", you still choose to act on it. Whateva lifestyle that person chooses, that's their business. I just have an issue with folks tryin to compare that with being black. B/c it's not the same.

Maybe having our civil rights discriminated against, but that's it. Again, you can hide being ? . But you can't hide being black.