Weddings: Why are they so important to you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are not my girl could give a ? about marriage and that brings a smile to my face
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A wedding too..
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 ? got mad at my comment
    Why dont both of you move to la and elope
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as he's alright with being outside on a Nigerian beach shore. Just the immediate family. Don't have to do the whole 9ja shebang..just want one on the 9ja beach shore.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Ms.Scorp Members Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Never cared about a wedding, got married at a Justice of the Peace in Seoul Korea.

I think people that spend tons on money on weddings and have no money to start off with are idiots.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn, did all of us get married downtown?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as he's alright with being outside on a Nigerian beach shore. Just the immediate family. Don't have to do the whole 9ja shebang..just want one on the 9ja beach shore.

When we are getting married?
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Lol.

I just know I want to be married in October..goat month.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Isn't your fiance devotion and love enough?

=)) ? got jokes. The love and devotion of her betrothed doesn't even begin to satisfy what is perhaps the biggest of all female's attention ? fantasies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKuARjkWEg

Princess Cindy sums up chicks feeling about weddings at 1:04 of the tape. For chicks it ain't about the marriage, it's about the WEDDING, the pomp and circumstances that's associated with it, being the center of attention, and having her "Cinderella Fantasy," fulfilled.

And don't just say "It's Tradition" because that's wack and traditions change. Drop an HONEST answer.

^^^^^ is another example of the perpetual hypocrisy that women live their lives in. They want the traditional wedding ceremony, but won't take the traditional wedding vows which include to:

Cherish, Honor, and OBEY her husband. They want a traditional wedding ceremony, but won't fulfill the role of a "traditional," housewife, and perhaps the most insulting thing of all, women want the traditional wedding, but have nerve enough not to take your name. Ironically, I want to have a big church wedding, mainly so I wear a morning suit and high side in a Prohibition Era luxury car or a Phantom.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @MaximusRex got point ladies. why is that females want the wedding but not the vows?

@MSSouthern
    @Empress
    @SixSickSins
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think that by wanting a smaller wedding you are focusing more on the vows. why would u need all that extra stuff when at the end of the day you just want to make the commitment and keep it moving?
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    @MaximusRex got point ladies. why is that females want the wedding but not the vows?

@MSSouthern
    @Empress
    @SixSickSins

I never said I wanted a traditional wedding ..... plus I'd rather we write our own vows.

More from the heart
  • twatgetta
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i didn't have a wedding, we got married at city hall. my parents insisted on having a reception for us a little while later tho cuz we eloped. i do have a diamond ring tho (conflict free of course). we used the money we saved to pay off our student loans and get a place. it'll be our sixth anniversary in dec.

Selfish ass inlaws...lol

@kaivalya

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i didn't have a wedding, we got married at city hall. my parents insisted on having a reception for us a little while later tho cuz we eloped. i do have a diamond ring tho (conflict free of course). we used the money we saved to pay off our student loans and get a place. it'll be our sixth anniversary in dec.

Selfish ass inlaws...lol

@kaivalya

africans are notorious for huge weddings, so they were really upset that we eloped. but then again, they were probably more upset that my husband wasn't african (main reason we eloped). it was no skin off my back tho cuz they paid for it

like one of my cousins is getting married later this month, this ? is just getting ridiculous. they are spending more money than they have. and for some reason are really white-washing their wedding. i hate when somali's do that, like i get it it's one thing to want to wear an american style wedding dress, but do you have to make the entire wedding party dress like americans at a wedding? they've forbidden anyone from wearing traditional somali clothes

Ethnic Weddings, the Cultural GOAT!
  • twatgetta
    Options

@MSSouthern
    @Empress
    @SixSickSins

I never said I wanted a traditional wedding ..... plus I'd rather we write our own vows.

More from the heart

Given your situation right now, the baby is coming before the weeding. and you know it..lol
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Lol.

I just know I want to be married in October..goat month.

So this fall cool and this summer I meet the parent and vice versus. Cool and my birthday is October. It will be the best birthday ever!
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options

@MSSouthern
    @Empress
    @SixSickSins

More from the heart

Given your situation right now, the baby is coming before the weeding. and you know it..lol

Uhhh no more kids for me... mine is in high school. I'm almost done lol
  • GameChanga
    GameChanga Members Posts: 167
    Options
    Isn't your fiance devotion and love enough? Why do you feel like you and his family have to spend $$$$$$ just to make it official? Why get so deep in debt just starting out?

And don't just say "It's Tradition" because that's wack and traditions change. Drop an HONEST answer.
    Not important as the marriage. Also starting out in debt is NOT the business. I think low key/small is smarter...

• GameChanga
    GameChanga Members Posts: 167
    Options
    man im glad my wife is like me, we got engaged and married in the same day, getting high i asked if she wanted to get married she said yea, it was still early in the day went to the court house, her bestfriend and cousin met us there as witnesses and we got married and told everybody afterwards and come tomorrow we are married 9 years, we'll probably go all out for our 10year anniversary just for making it that far, but that big wedding ? is for the birds people spend all that money to end up divorce down the line
    AWESOME!!!!
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ohh so you a 9ja babe? Oloshi! no wonder you've been coming at me like that.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a wedding I'm trying to use that money for the honey moon