What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

What Car Brand Is More Reliable, a Dodge or Chevy

StiffStiff Legion of Trill BGPosts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Let Me Ride
I'm looking at getting a 2010 Chevy Impala LT but my bro in-law said that Chevy's are trash and unreliable. My homeboy says a Chevy will last forever.

If I don't get the Impala I'm looking at either a Dodge Avenger or an older Charger... gimme some input IC

Impala LT

2011_chevrolet_impala_sedan_lt_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Dodge Avenger

31012490645.342946841.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Dodge Charger

31153819448.345187849.IM1.07.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Replies

• Vader_F_KennedyVader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKPosts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my challenger. .know ppl who had a lot of problems wit impalas...butgo wit whatever works for your wallet
  • StiffStiff Legion of Trill BG Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vader wrote: »
    I like my challenger. .know ppl who had a lot of problems wit impalas...butgo wit whatever works for your wallet

I just want something domestic that's low maintenance plus I'm financing it so not too old...but damn I'm getting bad reports about Impalas..
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao damn this is a tough choice...both are reliable car brands.
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Chevy. I have a lot of homeboys who have challengers/chargers too.... If you looking at that year impala try to get an SS. They aren't that much. Challenger has the best resale value though...
    jameshardenmixesitupovernets.gif?w=650
    harden_rubio_0_1428406554.gif
    Cinco
  • Dr. StitchDr. Stitch Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge Charger owner post...get the dodge but not the avenger!
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only reliable for so long.. I would probably go with the Challenger, like Vader i know a couple people who had an impala that shitted on them. Both cars would be cheaper to work on than something foreign and if you know a bit about cars you could do a lot of it yourself im sure.
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,542 Regulator
    Grew up a Chevy fan so that would be my pick
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
    CashmoneyDuxgoldenjanawledge_god
    Chevy. I have a lot of homeboys who have challengers/chargers too.... If you looking at that year impala try to get an SS. They aren't that much. Challenger has the best resale value though...

Insurance on an SS would kick my ass! Only because I'm young smh...You wouldn't believe some of the quotes I've gotten just on a LT

• Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nigga got a 07 charger 188k miles...still rollin.
    My weakness Beautiful Black Women>

a653763accd13b967064d34578fa769a.jpg

And my price range is about 13-14K
    Stiff wrote: »

Oh well this changes everything! lol
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    only morons adhere to blind brand loyalty......in this day and age every car manufacturer makes good and bad cars....that being said the dodge avenger is ugly as shit

This is true but also some companies just in general do things better than others there's no denying it..
    Doubletee wrote: »
    My nigga got a 07 charger 188k miles...still rollin.

Has he had any issues with it that you know of?
    Dr. Stitch wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »

Oh well this changes everything! lol

Lol yea man niggas in here recommending challengers and shit
    Dr. StitchThe ProdigalsonStoneColdMikey
    @stiff.none to serious that i heard about.

• dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Impalas are good whips but the Transmissions scare me for some reason.
    Chargers are good but their prices drops, but arent hard to sell if u get tried of them.
    Chef_Taylor
    Plap Star wrote: »
    easily chevy

you dont kno cars if you say dodge

them bitches just look good

Wit a good azz warranty!
  • 700700 Praying 5 times a day to catch a plug Plap City, FLAPosts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol that too

cause they need one
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?

b00kie wrote: »
    KingJamal wrote: »
    @b00kie do u have any Boosie stories u can tell?
    haha He cool man, I wasn't in the streets but

He was always lil, like 5'3. But a big mouth, couple times nigga had to square up. At the football game he took that stick the drum major had and cracked a nigga over the head w it and broke the stick

Nigga was cold on the bball court though, I didn't get that starting spot until he stopped coming to school. School let out at 3 we had to stay till the games at 6 so he used to just rap about whatever people talkin about passng time.

Then he started hanging w C-Loc and them, rappin/hustling whatever, rarely came to school anymore. When he did he would just be Polo down.... come, counting stacks $ at recess, everybody lookin.

OH and biology class blunt fell out his ear and the teacher tried to grab it. He twist that lady arm grabbed the blunt off the floor n left. lol
    Far from a groupie...but a Boosie story

Nga was in the club and I was out and about in another state..I was doing business there and decide to step out...and heard dude was going to be at the club on the radio...Now I don't know dude like that..but again my patnas know dude...I goes to the club..dude has his own section in the club..him and his crew and a few women...I walk up to the area and he comes over and he like you be in B.R. and you be wit such and such and I was like yea..he like mayne what you doing out here..I told him.. he was like..mayne you family come on in V.I.P. and get what you want..you want this..you want that..i was like nah..nga handed me a bottle and told me just to take it...again I don't know dude like that to be gettin a bottle..but the love he showed..I see why ngas love this nga down here so much...so I was leaving the club after he performed..nga was like you good you need bread..you need money on a room..and I was like shocked the nga even reached out like that..and I was like nah.. Nga didn't care who you were..if he fucks wit you..he fucks wit you..that's why alot cats fuck wit the lil nga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uMoBtaS-wvg&fb_source=message
    Dr. Stitch
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chevy riding high
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    Cinco
  • rooster_cogburnrooster_cogburn Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    An '07 with 188,xxx miles?!? Roughly 30k/yr? Wow.

Eh, im spoiled with my Grand Prix. Fast, good looking, reliable, and im sure you could find a GT, or GTP with low miles and decent condition maybe around 7-11k. GXP's gon tax you. HUGE aftermaket due to its large cult following. Parts easy to find, replace if you like working on cars.
    He bought it it already had over 100k miles.

• Sage WonderSage Wonder project of the inner pride process Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk about new gen models, but dodge used to always be WOAT in reliability. My sister owns a dodge avenger and she had a number of problems with it. My boy whips an impala and so far I haven't seen or heard of any problems and it rides smooth, though he been driving his for a shorter amount of time. Both cars are '06 model years I think.
    lol that too

cause they need one

If we talkin old school im wit chevy all tha way...i got a 64 impala...but my '12 charger's given me 0 problems so far...i got patnas that had the malibu and the new impala and they didnt like the experience so idk!
    rooster_cogburn
  • rooster_cogburnrooster_cogburn Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    lol that too

cause they need one

If we talkin old school im wit chevy all tha way...i got a 64 impala...but my '12 charger's given me 0 problems so far...i got patnas that had the malibu and the new impala and they didnt like the experience so idk!

My homie had an '06 Malibu. Moderately quick car. Too much torque steer, and gave him all kinda issues.
    Dr. Stitch
    lol that too

cause they need one

My homie had an '06 Malibu. Moderately quick car. Too much torque steer, and gave him all kinda issues.

My patna had a Malibu '02 I think it was...got him up to about 190,000 miles before he had to let it go. That's pretty decent I guess. He used to drive the shit outta that car