What Car Brand Is More Reliable, a Dodge or Chevy

Options

Comments

• rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ ehhh..i kicks a lil bit a knowledge in the Let Me Ride section.

Every car gon have its ups and downs. No matter what you get. You need to be doing research on Google & on Dodge, Pontiac, Chevy, Ford forums. Not in the G&S.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    depends on the decade

LOL at the edit
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ ehhh..i kicks a lil bit a knowledge in the Let Me Ride section.

Every car gon have its ups and downs. No matter what you get. You need to be doing research on Google & on Dodge, Pontiac, Chevy, Ford forums. Not in the G&S.

I'm doing some research on Google...I feel like if I go on a dodge,pontiac,chevy,or ford forum I'm just gonna find bias. G&S will get me a broader range of opinions

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both are good, but go with the Chevy, parts are usually plentiful, and. They're easy to work on.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For dependablitity you are better off buying foreign.

The foreign joints particularly Honda and Toyotas last forever with minimal maintenance.

Out of those cars you listed Id get the Impala.

I think it's probably best as far as dependability.

I see quite a few of those older model Impalas still on the road indicating fairly good dependability.

Those Chargers look good but Im not sure whether they are as dependable and I don't know enough about the Avenger to speak on it.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Main problem with cars these days is how they compact everything under the hood. You gotta take the radiator out, remove the battery, and take off the tire just to get to the oil filter. And pray that the son'? that tightened it didn't bench 300 or use some pneumatic ? . Then you gotta be a damn contortionist to get leverage to turn on the joker. SMH. Most vehicles, especially V8's ain't do it at home friendly.

So if you're that kind of guy, you might want to get a V6. Or something with reasonable work space in the hood. Or risk bringing your ? to the auto joint for every little thing. And truth be told, I think they make ? like so that you have to bring it to them now. In which case get that extended warranty. They charging $80 just to put ? on the diagnostics these days.
    cop cars

Auctions are also an option. Only draw back is that their sold "as is" and anything can be wrong with them. Bullet holes and what not. I'd change out any personal affects on the vehicles exterior. The enemy's of drug dealers might shoot you down thinking you're the owner.

• $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [Chevy

Can't go wrong with a Chevy. Besides...them 60 second boys be stealin' Dodges just for a joyride and then str8 to the chop shop with ease.
  • Ip man
    Ip man Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None. Both them rides known to be the ghetto car of choice.

switch your style up...
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chevy ridin high boi
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    Options
    None. Both them rides known to be the ghetto car of choice.

switch your style up...

Word.

*Drives a SAAB*
  • Beware
    Beware Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    Options
    im a chevrolet salesman.. chevrolet europe that is which is not the same product at all LOL.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Find u a nice clean impala LT/LTZ
    It'll do u right
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just bought a '12 Impala last month and I love this ? . I also planned on gettin a charger too and did my research...

Impala bruh...
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dodge makes a better truck
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Impalas drink gas like it ain't ? b
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Buying used it don't matter what brand is on the car. The previous owner(s) and how they took care of it is what's going to decide the longevity of that vehicle. You're taking a gamble regardless with a used vehicle. Damn what the dealer and carfax says.

Don't just go off the brand name, check that ? thoroughly. Go for the one with the least amount of miles. Test drive checking for any noises and vibrations that seem irregular. Pop the hood and listen to the motor. You need to hear a consistent purr of the engine. No strange knocking, hissing, or tinks. Check belts for chaffing, cracks, or any signs of being worn. Make sure there are no leaks, no smoke, no wet area's around the motor. check all reservoirs, although any dealership worth a damn would have that covered at least, still check it. Make sure all your dash instruments work. All the buttons work. Lights. turn signals. Maintenance cost. Warranty. Gas mileage. Yada, yada, yada...

Most mechanics I've met would recommend a Ford.. Toyota's are good as well. But far as chevy vs dodge goes, chevy has been slightly ahead of that curve.

I was a gm dude. I had 5 No Chevy but Olds, Buick, Cad. When my last Olds threw a rod I was blessed with a Ford. It never breaks down. I had it 6 years. Its so much better than GM its ridiculous.Ford has quietly taken over because when you actually experience it its pretty much unbeatable usually. Im sure the model you get has something to do with it too. Id prob get dodge over Chevy at this point. But really neither. They went bankrupt for a reason. Plus Ford parts are the cheapest, easiest to find, toughest, and easiest to replace.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm a fan of Chevy but I'm also an owner of a Charger. But since you only have 13-14k to spin I'd go with the Chevy. The older models seems a little bit more reliable than a older model of the dodge. Look at a Chrysler too since they are basically dodge.
  • The Prodigalson
    Options
    Doubletee wrote: »
    He bought it it already had over 100k miles.
    That ? must have really wanted a Charger.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost got the dodge impala. End up switching to Acura's
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Prodigalson
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    ccsu_crawford_brother_02.jpg
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

stoned-ice-cube.gif
    [img]http://comedycentral.mtvnimages.com/images/ccsu/ccsu_crawford_brother/ccsu_Do you still ? with tuna water??_brother_02.jpg[/img]

Gad damn my bad lol. Chevy impala by this dealership in laurel Maryland