Options
13»

Comments

• rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    ^^^ ehhh..i kicks a lil bit a knowledge in the Let Me Ride section.

Every car gon have its ups and downs. No matter what you get. You need to be doing research on Google & on Dodge, Pontiac, Chevy, Ford forums. Not in the G&S.

I'm doing some research on Google...I feel like if I go on a dodge,pontiac,chevy,or ford forum I'm just gonna find bias. G&S will get me a broader range of opinions

You waaay off base. The GROWN AND SEXY, not Let Me Ride, but G&S ,or the IC as a whole is where you go for automotive recomendations where most will just recommend the car make they have? lol..ok

Your assuming is going to cost you alot of info, and in turn a decently priced, reliable car. Check out those forums and do your ? research my dude. I wouldnt steer you wrong. You not going to there ask a bunch a questions, you checking each to see how many different issues ppl have with each brand, then to see how much trouble ppl have fixing said problems.

Each car brand WILL have its problems. Dont let NOBODY tell you different.
  • rooster_cogburn
    edited May 2013
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Buying used it don't matter what brand is on the car. The previous owner(s) and how they took care of it is what's going to decide the longevity of that vehicle. You're taking a gamble regardless with a used vehicle. Damn what the dealer and carfax says.

Don't just go off the brand name, check that ? thoroughly. Go for the one with the least amount of miles. Test drive checking for any noises and vibrations that seem irregular. Pop the hood and listen to the motor. You need to hear a consistent purr of the engine. No strange knocking, hissing, or tinks. Check belts for chaffing, cracks, or any signs of being worn. Make sure there are no leaks, no smoke, no wet area's around the motor. check all reservoirs, although any dealership worth a damn would have that covered at least, still check it. Make sure all your dash instruments work. All the buttons work. Lights. turn signals. Maintenance cost. Warranty. Gas mileage. Yada, yada, yada...

Most mechanics I've met would recommend a Ford.. Toyota's are good as well. But far as chevy vs dodge goes, chevy has been slightly ahead of that curve.

I was a gm dude. I had 5 No Chevy but Olds, Buick, Cad. When my last Olds threw a rod I was blessed with a Ford. It never breaks down. I had it 6 years. Its so much better than GM its ridiculous.Ford has quietly taken over because when you actually experience it its pretty much unbeatable usually. Im sure the model you get has something to do with it too. Id prob get dodge over Chevy at this point. But really neither. They went bankrupt for a reason. Plus Ford parts are the cheapest, easiest to find, toughest, and easiest to replace.

Ford took out $5.9 billion in government loans in 2009. They were also FOR the bailout at one point, before the GOV ok'd them.

ALL domestic car parts are easy to easy to find, as most are made in North America & shipping logistics allow the Autozone's, Orilley's, and Advance Autos to stay in stock of a particular part, along with multiple brands.

It depends on that certain make/model that will determine how hard it is to replace those parts.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What @rooster_cogburn said is 100.

My motto is a car is only as reliable as its owner, I been around cars to long to feel otherwise.
  • rooster_cogburn
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ^^^exactly. A '99, regularly maintained at manufacturer intervals will outlast an '06 that has had two oil changes, factory tires, two changed air filters, and maybe a ? filter change.

If the last owner didnt take care of it, rest assure it wont take care of you.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None. Both them rides known to be the ghetto car of choice.

switch your style up...

Word.

*Drives a SAAB*

speaking of cars that aren't reliable AT ALL. Honestly like a lot of people said every car brand has really good reliable cars. Do your research and get the one with less miles
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    Options
    None. Both them rides known to be the ghetto car of choice.

switch your style up...

Word.

*Drives a SAAB*

speaking of cars that aren't reliable AT ALL. Honestly like a lot of people said every car brand has really good reliable cars. Do your research and get the one with less miles
    SAAB's are as reliable if not more than any American car brand. After 2000 GM started taking over and towards the end they were basically GM cars.
    Although, Mechanics can be the most problematic and expensive especially on the Swedish joints as in general with Euro whips.
    Most ? cant even change their oil so its easy for them to be considered unreliable.
    Researching cars and reading reviews is vital.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those chargers be ? up seen alot of those in the shop.....I own an 08 impala LT never really had a major problem probably my worse issue was one of my wheel barrings was going bad and had to replace which costed me alot of money lol but yeah get an impala bruh you wont regret it
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? get you a camry and call it a day
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO @ dodge avenger.....what is that a neon?
    FSBcmCecVh.gif
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On AVERAGE Chevy is more reliable than Ford and Ford is more reliable than Dodge. Typically Dodges and Fords are near the bottom as far as reliability. Chevy's tend to be about average. BUT as has been said before, different cars from the same manufacturer can vary. I've known a lot of people who have had good luck with Dodge and Ford trucks.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    having owned both, I say chevy.
  • rooster_cogburn
    Options
    ptnutz wrote: »
    On AVERAGE Chevy is more reliable than Ford and Ford is more reliable than Dodge. Typically Dodges and Fords are near the bottom as far as reliability. Chevy's tend to be about average. BUT as has been said before, different cars from the same manufacturer can vary. I've known a lot of people who have had good luck with Dodge and Ford trucks.

What are you basing this on?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I woulda just gotten a Toyota Avalon Limited and called it a day.
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptnutz wrote: »

What are you basing this on?

The latest Consumer Reports. As well as multiple complaints boards online. AND my own personal experience with Chevy and Ford.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ a Dodge Impala
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just as an update

I ended up coppin a 2011 Chevy Impala LT
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    I woulda just gotten a Toyota Avalon Limited and called it a day.

my uncle just copped one...themshits are nice as ?

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Dodge viper or Chevy corvette
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Get that Dodge Impala my dude..

You'd be the only one with it!
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OhPee wrote: »
    Get that Dodge Impala my dude..

You'd be the only one with it!

What about that Chevy Charger?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've got friends who have both. Some have problems out of their Impalas....some don't. Same for Dodge.