A German guys perspective on African Americans.

Options
DOC H0LL!DAY
DOC H0LL!DAY Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Gonna hit yall wit the short version to avoid the titangraph.

I was in NYC yesterday waiting on a table in a restaurant. A German man walks in and sits in the waiting area next to me. I asked him if he knew how long the wait was gonna be for the second floor tables. He had no clue but wen't on about how he was a export broker and visits lots of countries. His English wasn't bad. His wife asked me if i was American or of some other culture and I said no. Just Afro-American and they both seemed to have allot of questions for me after that. The husband said "Why are black Americans so angry" I told him I didn't know and said maybe it had something to do with slavery. He said "we'll in theory you are slaves now" He said "think about it, your woman don't respect you, the justice system is designed to trap you, the media is out to get rich from your ignorance, it's harder for you to get approved for loans, it's harder for you to move into upscale neighborhoods" After he said all that I was just waiting for him to drop the N-bomb but it didn't. He went on to say our neighborhoods are messed up because our household are broken and the school systems are a joke. He said "I guess I'd be angry too"

Then he wen't on about how Indian's, Korean's and the Chinese thrive in these neighborhoods and how the banking system gives them loans in the blink of an eye if they tell them it's for a chicken place, liquor store, beauty supply store, gun store etc.

So I asked him if they had blacks in Germany and what did they think of us. He said most have never been here so the only knowledge they have of us is from media sources which almost always puts us in a negative light.

He said most of that black people he has come in contact with were very loud, rude, arrogant and walked around with a sense of entitlement from so many years depending on the system.

I have to say I was kind of offended by what he was saying but part of me was like "this ? aint tellin me nothing new" But damn! Is that how most people who never really dealt with us before feel?

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sounds like some made up ? ...but ok
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually did read it. What was your response?
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well then, basically ^ that is how he views you
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should have asked him what about the Germans denying the Holocaust ever happened.

You also should have asked him why a great deal of Germans followed a ? guy and guy who wanted to make a race of people whom he didn't even look like.

Talk about some self hate and being confused.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i go to germany alot...

alot of those guys like it. their women are the exact same way except the black woman has a body and is beautiful.

ficken diese Scheiße
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The husband said "Why are black Americans so angry" I told him I didn't know and said maybe it had something to do with slavery. He said "we'll in theory you are slaves now" He said "think about it, your woman don't respect you, the justice system is designed to trap you, the media is out to get rich from your ignorance, it's harder for you to get approved for loans, it's harder for you to move into upscale neighborhoods" After he said all that I was just waiting for him to drop the N-bomb but it didn't. He went on to say our neighborhoods are messed up because our household are broken and the school systems are a joke. He said "I guess I'd be angry too"

Damn, from an outside looking in perspective, dude aint all that wrong.
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    I like using my blackness to strike fear in foreigners like him

Why?
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the German racist is right.
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah......

White people still look down on ? .........

mind_blown_gif.gif

• Sage Wonder
    Options

Why?

Because its funny.

:-?
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Gonna hit yall wit the short version to avoid the titangraph.

I was in NYC yesterday waiting on a table in a restaurant. A German man walks in and sits in the waiting area next to me. I asked him if he knew how long the wait was gonna be for the second floor tables. He had no clue but wen't on about how he was a export broker and visits lots of countries. His English wasn't bad. His wife asked me if i was American or of some other culture and I said no. Just Afro-American and they both seemed to have allot of questions for me after that. The husband said "Why are black Americans so angry" I told him I didn't know and said maybe it had something to do with slavery. He said "we'll in theory you are slaves now" He said "think about it, your woman don't respect you, the justice system is designed to trap you, the media is out to get rich from your ignorance, it's harder for you to get approved for loans, it's harder for you to move into upscale neighborhoods" After he said all that I was just waiting for him to drop the N-bomb but it didn't. He went on to say our neighborhoods are messed up because our household are broken and the school systems are a joke. He said "I guess I'd be angry too"

Then he wen't on about how Indian's, Korean's and the Chinese thrive in these neighborhoods and how the banking system gives them loans in the blink of an eye if they tell them it's for a chicken place, liquor store, beauty supply store, gun store etc.

So I asked him if they had blacks in Germany and what did they think of us. He said most have never been here so the only knowledge they have of us is from media sources which almost always puts us in a negative light.

He said most of that black people he has come in contact with were very loud, rude, arrogant and walked around with a sense of entitlement from so many years depending on the system.

I have to say I was kind of offended by what he was saying but part of me was like "this ? aint tellin me nothing new" But damn! Is that how most people who never really dealt with us before feel?

excuse me, imma have to borrow your thread for a moment
  • DOC H0LL!DAY
    Options

Usually I would be this way but I stopped caping up for us after Love & Hip Hop came out.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Truth doesnt offend me
  • DOC H0LL!DAY
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    being concerned with a german's opinion of you? with their history, i wouldn't be. not saying they're all ? ? , but damn it hasn't even been a hundred years since

but seriously why would i give damn about the generalized stereotypes of some random guy?

you gotta do better death187sin, i actually like your ridiculously far-fetched threads better than this

@Kai_valya I could of had a whole history lesson with him but the fact is he wasn't talking about the past. He was talking about how we are now. And I make lots of far-fetched threads but every now and then you'll get one of these Mrs Sassy! lol
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes. The Obama administration gave reparations to Native Americans in 2009 minus the Black Native Americans. Calling yourselves or ourselves Black, ? , color etc... is nothing more than a mark created around 1789 by white Europeans. According to some we were called Moors before them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtSPV1573M
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    W/O this thread I wouldve never even began to believe that a german could possibly be racist or hateful...unheard of sir
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Yes. The Obama administration gave reparations to Native Americans in 2009 minus the Black Native Americans. Calling yourselves or ourselves Black, ? , color etc... is nothing more than a mark created around 1789 by white Europeans. According to some we were called Moors before them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtSPV1573M

Absolutely... sit back and peep this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yefQxTrM3f8

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and lol @ just black americans being angry. as someone from another country, i must say, EVERYONE in america seems to be angry. y'all are not polite or kind by any stretch of the imagination. i guess y'all are used to it cuz it's all you know, but having a different experience, it's really disconcerting how it is here. probably one of the main reasons i don't wanna move too far from canada

Exactly! I came back from Japan and with way better manners I had prior and realized that Americans are so damn ? rude it isn't even funny to begin with. They have no idea how rude and disrespectful they are. Even the ones considered polite aren't even really that polite.
  • indyman87
    Options
    Black people on a whole are not angry IMO. That's just a stereotype perpetrated by rappers that be mean mugging showing off their guns and money in rap videos and movies that are exported around the world and when other people see those videos and movies they are look on as the gospel of how Blacks in America really act but most blacks do not act like that at all although you will see some who do it simply because they are influenced by their favorite rappers.
  • indyman87
    Options
    There are still quite a few Blacks that live in poverty in the projects and probably will never get out. Compare that to the history of whites that lived in poverty in Russia, England and warsaw Poland etc... Eventually those poor white people rioted as all get out. In Russia they even over threw their King in 1917 and eventually killed him, his daughters and only son. Now compare this to Blacks in America. We have been slaves since atleast 1789 and after physical, manual slavery most of us continue to be poor and live in the projects. Consequently I can count on my hands the number of times that we rioted. If Blacks were as angry and violent as whites all hell would have broken out a long time ago.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He made a generalization it has some truth to it though at least in the inner city black communities of America. Its pretty common sense tho. Like I say our communities is the way it is because lack of knowledge/education. We focus too much attention and place too much value on stuff that dont matter. can't do better if we dont know better, we can't know better if we dont see better, and we can't see better if we not around better.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The guy rly didn't have a clue what he talkin about when he say our women dont respect is tho. Psh, who??
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who gives a ?

Ask him why white people.steal old african technology and reintroduce it as new?

Ask him why Europeon whites tey to hide its black.moorish history of Kings and saints

You let dude play you because you either not properly educated ir ypu hate yourself

If he'd have spoken to me the.convo wouldnt have been so one sided

• DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and lol @ just black americans being angry. as someone from another country, i must say, EVERYONE in america seems to be angry. y'all are not polite or kind by any stretch of the imagination. i guess y'all are used to it cuz it's all you know, but having a different experience, it's really disconcerting how it is here. probably one of the main reasons i don't wanna move too far from canada

You sure? My grams fam is form North Buxton, Ontario and this is an area families of freed slaves and escaped slaves have live in (and nearby Chatham) ....some of the descendants are angry too..cause it's not that many places outside of Southeastern Canada (Essex and Chatham-Kent county) that blacks aren't angry at the way they are treated in Canada (it's been documented in Black Canadian historical books and other non-ficiton books). Americans seem to be angry, that just cause we really pretty frank and it usually for something else (not always). Case in point? I was angry as a young kid not being able to hear Luke and 2 Live Crew on their banned CDs in the mid -80s, I"m like ? my ears, I'm angry for not being able to hear ? popping, that a right (privilege) all black americans should have in their lifetime before they die, word to Goldie Mack.