Major News: Why CM Punk Threatened To Quit WWE

Options
king mocha
king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
CM Punk had a major blow-out backstage with Vince McMahon to the point where Punk had threatened to quit. New details have emerged in regards to this matter. According to WWE sources, CM Punk was upset about constantly being lied too about his match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29. Although Punk didn’t understand the logic of going under, he was fine with it. Conversely, he was told up until the event that the creative plans were still up in the air.

When Punk found out the outcome all along was for The Undertaker to go over and extend the streak to 21-0, Punk was irate and felt that Vince McMahon and Triple H were betraying him by lying to him. This ultimately led to Punk stating that the company can eat the remainder of his contract and that he was finished. This obviously caught Vince McMahon’s attention, and he finally decided to sit down with Punk to iron things out. After repeatedly asking Vince why he had to threaten to quit the company to finally get attention, it’s being said that Punk went all out and vented frustrations about guys like Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro and Kofi Kingston working hard while the company is too busy with ‘hot shot booking’ and storylines to please their own egos.

During the sit down between Punk and McMahon, things took yet another turn for the worse when Punk requested time off to heal up. Although Vince tried to talk Punk into staying around a bit longer for his next program, in the end it was agreed upon that Punk would take some time off to heal up.

In correlation to this matter, there was a conference call a few weeks ago between Punk, Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman and the writers to further discuss Punk’s future, where numerous ideas were pitched. It’s also said the ideas pitched ultimately hinge on Punk’s health and Vince’s desire. Whether or not they choose to go with any of the ideas remain to be seen as plans can and most likely will change numerous times between now and Punk’s expected return.

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    punk is leading the revolt of vince ? sucking regime

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I like Punk standing up for the underdogs, but judging by what I saw in his bio dvd, dude has a serious ego and isnt happy unless he's constantly the top dog and will even threaten to quit.. Cant believe he thought he would go over taker.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Punk standing up for the underdogs, but judging by what I saw in his bio dvd, dude has a serious ego and isnt happy unless he's constantly the top dog and will even threaten to quit.. Cant believe he thought he would go over taker.
    co sign, punk comes off as a complainer in that article.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the problem was that they didn't tell him he wasn't going over before. Of course he should have known from the beginning that the streak will live.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? wit Punk but c'mon man. You're wrestling The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. If Shawn, Hunter or Orton didn't go over then you should have known the streak was going to continue..
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought he was beating taker? Lmao HHH lost 3 damn times ... The nerve!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    love the fact that punk not only stood up for himself but his ? as well, and ion think punk was mad about losing to the legend taker, he was prolly tired of them changin ? and tellin him 1 thing and doin something else
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Punk wasn't mad about losing, he seems to be a guy that respects a man of his word, so if at all they told Punk he had any chance of winning, that was bad on their part.

It's about the principal.

They should've just said he was losing off the bat.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought he was beating taker? Lmao HHH lost 3 damn times ... The nerve!

punk>>>hhh tho
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way out 2009 after edge lost his wwe championship in elimination chamber and was eliminated first in roughly 5 minutes against Jeff Hardy after that match was done he ambushes kofi Kingston who was in the world heavyweight elimination chamber match kofi gets knocked out by edge with a chair is replaced by edge who wins the world heavyweight championship.

Kofi Kingston wwe title match happened in elimination chamber 2010 but lost .

? it kofi and cm punk need to form a team on TV about being ? off with the current product.
  • VIBE
    Options

- As noted earlier, WWE had removed CM Punk from their event pages for all of their summer pay-per-views through SummerSlam. However, he was advertised for several RAW TV tapings, starting with the RAW taping on May 27th at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, AB.

He was also advertised for the upcoming RAW tours in Japan, Taiwan and Australia.

WWE has since removed Punk from all RAW tapings and live events.

The only events WWE has Punk advertised for is these upcoming Comic-Con fan fests:

* Wizard World New York City on Friday, June 28th

* Wizard World Chicago Comic Con on Saturday, August 10th

* Wizard World Nashville Comic Con on Sunday, October
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    punk is cool but seems a lil whiney to me at times....and handles ? in public instead of behind closed doors
  • VIBE
    Options
    If it keeps going bad for Punk, looks like he'll be TNA champ by 2014.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    If it keeps going bad for Punk, looks like he'll be TNA champ by 2014.

That might not be a bad thing for the business if he's booked right.

• hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad these things air out in public.. I wanna know how this ? works.. punk may complain but Its not all about him he sticks up for people, too.. I love the cesaro campaign.. why waste all that ? talent?
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well after Jericho's comments on Raw, I see that this is like when Austin took time off after refusing to lay down for Brock. I get why Punk is upset. Taker didnt have to go over. It could've been a controversial finish where the rematch would take place a year later. The last 3 matches Taker had at WM was with a part time wrestler and a wrestler who retired right afterwards by stipulation. Punk carried WWE for over a year and then loses to Dwayne 2x in a row just to put the belt back on Cena. I get his frustration. When you put so much passion in your work and its not really recognized to the fullest, of course you're gonna have issues with your bosses. They've always done Punk wrong. 434 days being champ does not right the previous wrongs....
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And cm punk being wwe champion for 434 days and only main event a few pay per views during his reign is ridiculous .
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Punk had the most lamest forgettable title reign of all time ... ? never main evented ANY ppv as champ if cena or rock wasn't in it. Vince let him get that run for the nerds
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    And cm punk being wwe champion for 434 days and only main event a few pay per views during his reign is ridiculous .

this is true...but u should be the last to complain about dropping matches to someone if u were champ for 434 days (if that was what he was upset about)...

I think he was more upset about the circular storylines of the WWE and how every arc goes back to cena being the same ol champ again and again

• Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The wwe will never fully trust short ? period.