Nearly a third of Americans think an armed revolution will be necessary soon

Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Almost a third of registered voters believe their gun rights have been so threatened that an armed revolution could be necessary in the next few years, a poll has found. Farleigh Dickinson University surveyed 863 registered voters for the Public Mind poll, which had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.4.

The questions focused on gun control and whether armed revolution would be necessary to protect individual liberties.

The poll was conducted from April 22 to April 28, CNS News reported. The survey included the statement: 'In the next few years, an armed revolution might be necessary in order to protect out liberties.' 29 per cent of respondents said they agreed, 47 per cent disagreed, 18 per cent said they didn't agree or disagree, 5 per cent said they were unsure, and 1 per cent refused to respond. Republicans seemed far more certain that armed revolution was needed, with 44 per cent of those agreeing with the statement identifying as Republicans. 18 per cent of those who agreed were Democrats, and 27 per cent were Independents.

'The differences in views of gun legislation are really a function of differences in what people believe guns are for,' said Dan Cassino, a political science professor at Fairleigh Dickinson. 'If you truly believe an armed revolution is possible in the near future, you need weapons and you're going to be wary about government efforts to take them away.'

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    Good thread.......

I think people get hyped up about ? like war and revolution.........

Until ? start getting their heads blown off & ? starts looking like Afghanistan.......

Then they suddenly want peace...........

That's true but don't forget there are a lot of people in this country that are itching to find a reason to use their guns. There's no shortage of cowboys in America, in the hood and in the burbs
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    i would just like to note, as someone who owns more guns than, well, the entire SL, that i would NOT be voting in favor of this "let's get it ON in the next few years." Americans are SO melodramatic
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A revolution wouldn't be a bad idea but I only fear who would replace this already corrupt federal govt we have. I don't want Tea Baggers in charge of my healthcare or my water.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A revolution wouldn't be a bad idea but I only fear who would replace this already corrupt federal govt we have. I don't want Tea Baggers in charge of my healthcare or my water.

Well, to be fair....The ones currently in charge apparently haven't been making decisions in you best interest....

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    ? its bout time we need a revolution... and we are able to do it.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and out of that third only like 1 percent will actually make a move
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Lol dumb ? think guns can ? with tanks, soldiers, drones, and air strikes. FOH 'kids with guns' gon' get slaughtered with ease.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Lol dumb ? think guns can ? with tanks, soldiers, drones, and air strikes. FOH 'kids with guns' gon' get slaughtered with ease.

? ? post.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

you really think the military is going to side with the govt if they are ordered to suppress a revolution in the US?

Soldiers ain't fighting against their own people
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only problem with this is....who will the revolution be aimed at?

most white gunowners will take advantage of the crowd mentality an start to exterminate blacks at first opportunity. even if the original cause it to fight the gov't they will try to ? two birds with one stone
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    If all the minorities especially blacks and Hispanics join forces and the good white people then we can control this country and actually try to make this a good country
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ these homegrown militia mother ? thinking their weekend woods training is going to prepare them for a battle with the U.S. military.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    lol @ these homegrown militia mother ? thinking their weekend woods training is going to prepare them for a battle with the U.S. military.

you are grossly underestimating them.
    most are already military training and unlike ? ...they share knowledge an improve on each others ideas for the greater cause. ? wanna be know as the dude that knows it all an should be the leader.

it was the militias that are behind most homegrown terrorism.

if all these lil militias band together....they can mosly likely hold off the military for a few years.

guerrilla tactics ? on conventional tactics.

just think Iraq or Afghanistan with better weapons.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me ya'll, but aren't we talking about a revolution led by Far Right Wing gun nut, racist Confederate flag wavin', ? crackers?

You negroes will be lucky if that ? doesn't end with your black ass in a Concentration Freedom Camp, or shot and dumped in a mass grave by a Real American Conservative death squad. Wake the ? up.
    pralims wrote: »

most are already military training and unlike ? ...they share knowledge an improve on each others ideas for the greater cause. ? wanna be know as the dude that knows it all an should be the leader.

if all these lil militias band together....they can mosly likely hold off the military for a few years.

That guerrilla ? only works when dudes is BOUT DAT LIFE, willing to die to ? just one soldier and ? , like that guy w/the grenade in Godfather 2. That kind of thing so does not happen overnight. The Taliban? Soviet Partisans? FARC? IRA? You talking about powerful movements that were forged under conditions of terrible, damn-near-apocalyptic, suffering, oppression, and death. Look at what Syria's government has done to its rebels, castrating children n ? , even back when they were peaceful. How have these white american men suffered again? Oh right, "Obamacare" and a mass gun confiscation scheme which was a ? fantasy when The Turner Diaries depicted it and its a ? fantasy now ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN NOBODY'S EVER GONNA TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY SHUT THE ? UP. Most of these ? ? ain't preparing for no insurgency in the wilderness.....they're watching NetFlix on their big flat screen while they eat a big cheeseburger in their air conditioned house. And even alot of the ones that TRY to be prepared ain't ? ...they think a couple guns, a vegetable garden, a water purifier, and some wilderness skills makes them John ? Rambo, able to live off the land forever and fight off whole battalions of Obama's ? Army. Cracka Please
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Excuse me ya'll, but aren't we talking about a revolution led by Far Right Wing gun nut, racist Confederate flag wavin', ? crackers?

You negroes will be lucky if that ? doesn't end with your black ass in a Concentration Freedom Camp, or shot and dumped in a mass grave by a Real American Conservative death squad. Wake the ? up.

That guerrilla ? only works when dudes is BOUT DAT LIFE, willing to die to ? just one soldier and ? , like that guy w/the grenade in Godfather 2. That kind of thing so does not happen overnight. The Taliban? Soviet Partisans? FARC? IRA? You talking about powerful movements that were forged under conditions of terrible, damn-near-apocalyptic, suffering, oppression, and death. Look at what Syria's government has done to its rebels, castrating children n ? , even back when they were peaceful. How have these white american men suffered again? Oh right, "Obamacare" and a mass gun confiscation scheme which was a ? fantasy when The Turner Diaries depicted it and its a ? fantasy now ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN NOBODY'S EVER GONNA TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY SHUT THE ? UP. Most of these ? ? ain't preparing for no insurgency in the wilderness.....they're watching NetFlix on their big flat screen while they eat a big cheeseburger in their air conditioned house. And even alot of the ones that TRY to be prepared ain't ? ...they think a couple guns, a vegetable garden, a water purifier, and some wilderness skills makes them John ? Rambo, able to live off the land forever and fight off whole battalions of Obama's ? Army. Cracka Please

Most of those militias are former military members including special forces, infantry, and etc. All those guys have killed someone before.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Close this thread. People who think an armed revolution is on the brink are beyond dumb. The best thing you can is laugh and keep it moving. Don't try to reason with them, because all they do is support fallacies with other fallacies and finish it off with a youtube video by king fallacy.
  • [Deleted User]
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

? no, I work with DOD. If you really think these homegrown militias could do anything to our military, you don't really understand where the military is at now. There is a bunch of reasons why ? went on so long in Iraq and Afghanistan. None of those reasons are because guerrilla tactics worked so well and none of those reasons apply to homegrown militias.

lol @ them holding off the military for a few years. If they get on some homegrown terrorism ? and just take ? shots at innocent civilians in an effort to make a point, then yeah maybe it takes a while for the government to wipe them out. If these idiots really think they can take the U.S. military on with their battle strategy and weapons, then they are stupid. And anybody that thinks they could is stupid. I'll tell you straight up. Anonymous has a better chance of winning a war with the U.S. government than a bunch of gun crazed backwoods hicks.
    oops i forgot.

im in the Social Lounge, where pseudo-intellectual pacifist, pretend to know a thing or two about guerrilla warfare vs conventional warfare...

yeah, cause everytime a ? country employed said tactics against our Joe's we came out on top right?

you ? need history.

? out of here man. What are you talking about? Vietnam? I mean that's about all that really applies here. And there are way more factors into why that turned out to be a fiasco than guerilla warfare vs conventional warfare. Not only that, but ? is a lot different techwise nowadays, and we're not talking about taking over a damn country. We're talking about stomping a splinter segment of our own population. What you're suggesting doesn't even make sense. There the ones talking about they will mount an offensive. In what world, do you think these dudes will be able to actively take on our military and win. Who gives a ? if they are 7th generation military? They still don't have access to the stuff that makes out military dangerous.

I honestly think people underestimate what the militaries of powerful countries are capable of.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today, with police militarization, the NYPD can overthrow nations. These "militias" are filled with delusional rednecks. Don't get me wrong, anybody with the type of weapons they have access to is dangerous but that hardly means they can beat any military force and yes I'm including local police forces.

Again ? need to wake up. You got the ATF, FBI, CIA, DOD, state national guards, and about 800k police officers to shoot. Oh and let's not forget about private contractors, tanks, jets and drones.

So where your "guerrillas" gonna start? Its gonna take more than rolling around in wheat fields to do any real damage.

And if you don't think the military or any other force won't take action against people, tell that to the Oakland PD who beat the ? out of Occupy protesters (who weren't armed), tell that to the FBI who drove a ? tank through David Koresh's fortress (they also burned the ? to the ground) and ultimately tell that ? to the Confederate Army lol.

When facing an overwhelmingly more powerful foe you don't try to match strength, that's a losing plan.
  • [Deleted User]