Nearly a third of Americans think an armed revolution will be necessary soon

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Sooo who's ideology will we install once the revolution occurs (if you win or even know who your enemy is). Y'all ? gonna be looking like the Bolsheviks when Stalin ? on everybody and took over from where the October Revolution ended. Everybody wants to revolt for different reasons and many are completely against your principles. I hope you all have a plan to grab power in the vacuum that will occur. Don't think black folks gonna have a say.

unfortunately the bolded is correct

we don't have a sense of unity to the point where we could be effective as a political/economic group

half of us are currently asking for more govt handouts and already willing to let mofos threaten our 2nd amendment rights SMH

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Sooo who's ideology will we install once the revolution occurs (if you win or even know who your enemy is). Y'all ? gonna be looking like the Bolsheviks when Stalin ? on everybody and took over from where the October Revolution ended. Everybody wants to revolt for different reasons and many are completely against your principles. I hope you all have a plan to grab power in the vacuum that will occur. Don't think black folks gonna have a say.

If Black folks aren't gona have a say, it's not much different compared to now lol....nothing has changed much compared to the Bush days so at this point I'd rather take a chance. Obama has governed more like a red neck cracka then a supposedly first Black president. It's stunning how little change has occurred since he's been in office and meanwhile, cost of living keeps going up. ? this ?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    it would be highly unlikely that ? would shooting side by side with the redneck militias
    i don't know, if it's a bunch of police officers as the opposition, you might see one imposing black dude/redneck team-up.

The Coalition Of The Willing ... To Fly A "? The Police" Battle Flag

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    LOL ? said that the military ain't willing to fight against people at home. Ya'll military ? is soldiers b. Pawns, who listen to orders and follow them. ? wanna front, but when Master your officer or general or person above you tells you to jump, ya'll ? ask 'how high and can i get you something to drink?'

But ? mentalities aside, I need to see proof of these so called anti-tank guns that civilians have. Then I need to be told how they handling drones, air strikes, hell multiple tanks, or even as far back as just SWAT, not even military. ? talking big but just wanna say 'guerilla tactics' like that means ? . ? you fighting the government, they can freeze all your accounts, leave you with no money, and track yo ass using any high end technology (computer, phone, ? like that) that you bought under your name. Better through all that ? away.

And at the end of the day, they'll just offer money to half of ya'll ? , watch ya'll turn on each other and then ? the survivors.

You ain't winning against the gov't b. You ain't outgunning them, and you certainly ain't outsmarting them nor can you handle their sheer amount of resources they can throw at you.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The government will have a contingency plan in place to deal with this if it were to happen.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

If Black folks aren't gona have a say, it's not much different compared to now lol....nothing has changed much compared to the Bush days so at this point I'd rather take a chance. Obama has governed more like a red neck cracka then a supposedly first Black president. It's stunning how little change has occurred since he's been in office and meanwhile, cost of living keeps going up. ? this ?

Lol, you trying jump out of the frying pan into the fire. At least you got some bacon in that hot ass pan. But seriously, remember what happened when black folks rioted and burned cities? We didn't do better after that, we actually did worse. Mainly this was because they knocked off our leaders and no one had a plan after the riots, but how could you when they already had a plan to crush your initial plans in the first place. We did get a lot done before everybody decided to go ape ? . Diplomacy and organizing can work without shooting people. Ask Ghandi, or Marti; even Malcolm learned this in the end before his own scorned brothers took him out.

You gonna be dealing with a lot of Bush clones because those are the conservatives that want to take up arms simply because a ? is in office. They weren't hollering this ? under Bush. These are the descendents of the confederates that wouldn't mind seeing us back in chains and they've stated that it was a positive thing for us because we were fed and had a roof. The Tea Party have their officials eliminating any legislation that would benefit us, and they would like to do away with unions and affordable healthcare (universal or not). If it's that serious, we should just broker a deal with our cousins in Africa and keep it moving.

Obama is governing like scared ? afraid to offend Congress and appear as an angry black man. Still, it's time you held your elected congressmen accountable and use a voting block like ? , Latinos, and Old people do. Don't blame the government for us not making moves on our own and creating jobs for ourselves. You're talking about a rotting infrastructure of capitalism that existed well before Obama or Bush that caused all this in the first place. They will still exist after a revolt because these fools are targeting the wrong people in the first place.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    revolutions happen in revolutionary times you would have to be a ? to think america is going to last forever

if the military attacked the population the states themselves would break away from america and we would have a new civil war. Everything hinges on the issue the rebels are fighting for it's some ? then they will lose if it's an issue that is important to the populace at large then they have a good chance of winning.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    They gonna have a hard time winning against Jim-Bob and Bubba in those mountains, they've been trainin for conflict their whole lives...
  • kingblaze84

Lol, you trying jump out of the frying pan into the fire. At least you got some bacon in that hot ass pan. But seriously, remember what happened when black folks rioted and burned cities? We didn't do better after that, we actually did worse. Mainly this was because they knocked off our leaders and no one had a plan after the riots, but how could you when they already had a plan to crush your initial plans in the first place. We did get a lot done before everybody decided to go ape ? . Diplomacy and organizing can work without shooting people. Ask Ghandi, or Marti; even Malcolm learned this in the end before his own scorned brothers took him out.

You gonna be dealing with a lot of Bush clones because those are the conservatives that want to take up arms simply because a ? is in office. They weren't hollering this ? under Bush. These are the descendents of the confederates that wouldn't mind seeing us back in chains and they've stated that it was a positive thing for us because we were fed and had a roof. The Tea Party have their officials eliminating any legislation that would benefit us, and they would like to do away with unions and affordable healthcare (universal or not). If it's that serious, we should just broker a deal with our cousins in Africa and keep it moving.

Obama is governing like scared ? afraid to offend Congress and appear as an angry black man. Still, it's time you held your elected congressmen accountable and use a voting block like ? , Latinos, and Old people do. Don't blame the government for us not making moves on our own and creating jobs for ourselves. You're talking about a rotting infrastructure of capitalism that existed well before Obama or Bush that caused all this in the first place. They will still exist after a revolt because these fools are targeting the wrong people in the first place.

I hear you but again, I'm ready to take a chance at this point because Obama and the federal govt in general isn't doing much to improve the lives of the avg citizen. We keep spending money on foreign wars and nations while our cities and towns nationwide are falling apart, and the economy would be much better if Obama stopped being a ? and fight to legalize medical marijuana.....it's killing job creation when Eric Holder and Obama keep talking like Bush and repeat his dumb stance on marijuana. I can go on and on but like I said before, I wouldn't mind a revolution at this point because I would at least see an opening to create more change, better then the change I was supposed to see by now.

And don't get it twisted I am fighting for change, I have been part of many protests and letter writing campaigns, from ending the war in Afghanistan to ending our aid with Israel to supporting medical and recreational marijuana. The war on drugs is ruining so many neighborhoods, especially Black neighborhoods. And ? made punk ass Obama doesn't want to do anything to change ? . ? him and ? the federal govt.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited May 2013

I hear you but again, I'm ready to take a chance at this point because Obama and the federal govt in general isn't doing much to improve the lives of the avg citizen. We keep spending money on foreign wars and nations while our cities and towns nationwide are falling apart, and the economy would be much better if Obama stopped being a ? and fight to legalize medical marijuana.....it's killing job creation when Eric Holder and Obama keep talking like Bush and repeat his dumb stance on marijuana. I can go on and on but like I said before, I wouldn't mind a revolution at this point because I would at least see an opening to create more change, better then the change I was supposed to see by now.

And don't get it twisted I am fighting for change, I have been part of many protests and letter writing campaigns, from ending the war in Afghanistan to ending our aid with Israel to supporting medical and recreational marijuana. The war on drugs is ruining so many neighborhoods, especially Black neighborhoods. And ? made punk ass Obama doesn't want to do anything to change ? . ? him and ? the federal govt.

I ask you again, what exactly do you think would be the result if the people who want a armed uprising would get their way? How do you see a better chance in a scenario where crazed conservatives want to take up arms for all the reasons not listed by you? If they were so concerned about jobs, why did they ? so many jobs bills? Is everybody supposed to get a job selling weed? Corporations are doing their best to change the landscape of employment. Conservative corporations like Papa Johns want to cut hours to avoid aiding with peoples health while contributing to obesity which increases health cost further. Crackers came out calling Michelle a monkey for supporting healthy diets. How is a revolution going to make banks lend, or stop corporations from outsourcing and turning salary employees into underpaid contractors, or stealing 401ks and eliminating any form of retirement? I guess you can build on the ashes, but first you will have to fight a second war against the Tea Party if they win, because they aren't letting you share in the spoils. They represent the mindset that created this ? job market that we are experiencing. I say again, the only reason they want war is because a black man is in office. They didn't even call for that nearly to such a degree with Clinton or Carter.
  • janklow
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    But ? mentalities aside, I need to see proof of these so called anti-tank guns that civilians have. Then I need to be told how they handling drones, air strikes, hell multiple tanks, or even as far back as just SWAT, not even military.
    wait, why are we so impressed by SWAT in a scenario that involves active rebellion? it's not like it's THAT hard to freak out barely-armed civilians when you're wearing you're i-wish-i-was-in-the-Army gear.

• irad4185
    irad4185 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    An armed revolution would be the first step in America turning to an authoritarian nation. It won't be a question of if the rebels would be crushed but when. The balance of power during the civil war was much more even then than it is now. The rebels best bet would be to use terrorism and guerrilla tactics but I don't see how they'd be able to maintain that once martial law kicks in. Look at what happened during the Boston bombings. Neighbors will start snitchin on neighbors in a heartbeat. Most Americans don't have the stomach for war overseas so it'll be easier to pass another patriot act when ? pops off locally.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2013

I ask you again, what exactly do you think would be the result if the people who want a armed uprising would get their way? How do you see a better chance in a scenario where crazed conservatives want to take up arms for all the reasons not listed by you? If they were so concerned about jobs, why did they ? so many jobs bills? Is everybody supposed to get a job selling weed? Corporations are doing their best to change the landscape of employment. Conservative corporations like Papa Johns want to cut hours to avoid aiding with peoples health while contributing to obesity which increases health cost further. Crackers came out calling Michelle a monkey for supporting healthy diets. How is a revolution going to make banks lend, or stop corporations from outsourcing and turning salary employees into underpaid contractors, or stealing 401ks and eliminating any form of retirement? I guess you can build on the ashes, but first you will have to fight a second war against the Tea Party if they win, because they aren't letting you share in the spoils. They represent the mindset that created this ? job market that we are experiencing. I say again, the only reason they want war is because a black man is in office. They didn't even call for that nearly to such a degree with Clinton or Carter.

Not sure what the results would be if an armed revolution was to occur but I'll say it again, I'd be willing to take a chance of uncertainty because ? made, Uncle Tom ass Obama hasn't done much at all to change the system, he's just as big a warlord as Bush, has done NOTHING to improve America's reputation worldwide and is willing to spend billions of dollars on dumb wars and conflicts overseas while cities are crumbling right here in America. Not thrilled with his economic policies either, which is basically keeping the vast wealth America has in the hands of the rich and powerful (bail outs for the rich, crumbs for everyone else).

I understand Tea Party members aren't always right but what makes you think people fighting a revolution would be conservative overall? Occupy Wall Street members spoke often in the rallies I attended about getting rid of this govt as well, and many were far more liberal and radical then I am. I wouldn't worry about fighting another war against far right people, if it would have to be done, it would have to be done. Stop assuming it's only conservatives that can't stand this current wack ass govt, I'm a moderate and along with most moderates I personally know, can't stand it either. This is bigger then right vs left man, WAY bigger. I know a few conservatives and all of them support medical and recreational marijuana for example, while ? head Obama still has his head up his ? ass. Again, stop assuming it's only conservatives that hate this current govt. Many of the people here in this thread aren't conservative and probably dislike the federal govt more then I do. You saying cracka this and cracka that and meanwhile, Obama is governing no different then the last cracka that was in office. Obama might as well be a cracka
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited May 2013

Not sure what the results would be if an armed revolution was to occur but I'll say it again, I'd be willing to take a chance of uncertainty because ? made, Uncle Tom ass Obama hasn't done much at all to change the system, he's just as big a warlord as Bush, has done NOTHING to improve America's reputation worldwide and is willing to spend billions of dollars on dumb wars and conflicts overseas while cities are crumbling right here in America. Not thrilled with his economic policies either, which is basically keeping the vast wealth America has in the hands of the rich and powerful (bail outs for the rich, crumbs for everyone else).

I understand Tea Party members aren't always right but what makes you think people fighting a revolution would be conservative overall? Occupy Wall Street members spoke often in the rallies I attended about getting rid of this govt as well, and many were far more liberal and radical then I am. I wouldn't worry about fighting another war against far right people, if it would have to be done, it would have to be done. Stop assuming it's only conservatives that can't stand this current wack ass govt, I'm a moderate and along with most moderates I personally know, can't stand it either. This is bigger then right vs left man, WAY bigger. I know a few conservatives and all of them support medical and recreational marijuana for example, while ? head Obama still has his head up his ? ass. Again, stop assuming it's only conservatives that hate this current govt. Many of the people here in this thread aren't conservative and probably dislike the federal govt more then I do. You saying cracka this and cracka that and meanwhile, Obama is governing no different then the last cracka that was in office. Obama might as well be a cracka

Well he is part cracka, but are you saying blacks don't do shady ? against their own? I assume conservatives hate this government because they are doing everything in their power to make sure it doesn't function properly for us like blocking the EPA appointment..
    http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/news/?id=45B02AC6-98F1-4D49-9DA3-C7E3D2388D1D

I also know that they are the most vocal about armed revolution. I don't see hippies of Occupy defeating conservative militias if a war turns to focus on them. They haven't shown an ability to organize beyond camping in city parks. I wonder how may are willing to engage in an armed revolt in the first place? They did their best to distance themselves from the Anarchist. But we gone act like Obama didn't give a stimulus to the people or give aid companies like Tesla which created Jobs right? The bank bailout was all Bush btw. The extended tax break for the rich and the sequester is yet again republicans forcing their will by way of hostage negotiations, but you like to ignore those things. Where's the Jobs bill from the conservative congress? I also know that conservatives have been the most vocal about the mans race and origins. You may not think it's about left and right but that's exactly what it will be about because those are the extreme people mostly based in the south that want to succeed, and their main reason is is that they are against health care and any other Liberal encroachment like fair labor practices. So, are your conservative friends just now against the two wars Bush started and fumbled?

You keep giving an entire branch of the government a pass for being obstructionist and forcing their way of thinking through hostage negotiations. I'm speaking of those who have shown their disdain for our people and progressive views vocally. I would like you to see all that is involved in getting legislation to help the people and where legislation originates from. Obama isn't supposed to do it by himself by decree of the constitution. That would make him as you say, a tyrant. You are telling me you want to take a chance, but the evidence shows that the conservative fringe militias will decrease your chances greatly because libtards are not welcomed.

• irad4185
    irad4185 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    ^Agree 100%. I think many libertarians and those on the far left that voted for Obama in 2008 felt betrayed by his policies. I always hear people linking Bush and Obama but don't put things into context. Bush was a idealist and were as Obama is more of a pragmatist. Obama isn't some far left messiah and with the political climate he inherited he'd never win a 2nd term if he acted like one.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2013

Well he is part cracka, but are you saying blacks don't do shady ? against their own? I assume conservatives hate this government because they are doing everything in their power to make sure it doesn't function properly for us like blocking the EPA appointment..
    http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/news/?id=45B02AC6-98F1-4D49-9DA3-C7E3D2388D1D

I also know that they are the most vocal about armed revolution. I don't see hippies of Occupy defeating conservative militias if a war turns to focus on them. They haven't shown an ability to organize beyond camping in city parks. I wonder how may are willing to engage in an armed revolt in the first place? They did their best to distance themselves from the Anarchist. But we gone act like Obama didn't give a stimulus to the people or give aid companies like Tesla which created Jobs right? The bank bailout was all Bush btw. The extended tax break for the rich and the sequester is yet again republicans forcing their will by way of hostage negotiations, but you like to ignore those things. Where's the Jobs bill from the conservative congress? I also know that conservatives have been the most vocal about the mans race and origins. You may not think it's about left and right but that's exactly what it will be about because those are the extreme people mostly based in the south that want to succeed, and their main reason is is that they are against health care and any other Liberal encroachment like fair labor practices. So, are your conservative friends just now against the two wars Bush started and fumbled?

You keep giving an entire branch of the government a pass for being obstructionist and forcing their way of thinking through hostage negotiations. I'm speaking of those who have shown their disdain for our people and progressive views vocally. I would like you to see all that is involved in getting legislation to help the people and where legislation originates from. Obama isn't supposed to do it by himself by decree of the constitution. That would make him as you say, a tyrant. You are telling me you want to take a chance, but the evidence shows that the conservative fringe militias will decrease your chances greatly because libtards are not welcomed.

I give Obama's stimulus credit, it helped the economy a bit. But while you are blaming Republicans for almost everything underneath the sun, Obama has still been of little help overall in pushing this country in the right direction. You completely ignored my points about Obama being a bloodthirsty warmonger who loves spending money and resources on other nations that hate us while cities right here are crumbling before our very eyes. We spend billions a week in Afghanistan and have/are spending hundreds of millions on other adventures worldwide, while so many cities here in America are being abandoned. Obama could also help improve the economy by telling the DOJ to stop prosecuting businesses who are trying to grow medical marijuana, a business that could bring so many jobs and revenue to the economy. Republicans have been ? on this issue, and so has Obama. Can't blame Republicans for Obama himself being a total ? on this and many other issues.

As far as the jobs bill Republicans helped shoot down, where the ? was Obama's jobs bill when Democrats had both houses of Congress? Oh that's right, it didn't exist lol.....and you're blaming the sequester on Republicans now? UMM it was Obama's idea and he signed the damn thing into law (I personally don't have a problem with the sequester though, spending must come down). You really want to bring up Obama extending the Bush tax cuts, which bankrupted the nation further?? No one forced Obama to do that, a strong leader would have stood his ground. Obama caved in like the little ? made ? he is.

Back to many liberals and moderates like myself being deeply unhappy about Obama's lack of leadership, what makes you think liberals and moderates wouldn't win a fight against hard right conservative militia groups? Vermont is a very liberal state and they have some of the loosest gun laws in the country. NY is a left leaning state and I know plenty of dudes here with guns, me included. You keep acting like Republicans are the main problem with this nation and that's fine, the problem though is that Obama is a problem too. This is beyond left and right, he's not a leader of change, and he hasn't done anything to excite his base for some time now, aside from being a ? supporter of ? marriage of course. Republicans have blocked some legislation true, but Obama hasn't fought hard for real change either. Obama has not impressed me at all as a strong leader, even if Obama failed at fighting for real change, I'd respect him all the more because he tried. I want a fighter, not a whiner. But Obama being a ? and all, I can't respect him too much, though he still gets props for being the first Black president. But him being a weak ass leader is gona make it very hard for another Black man or woman to become president in the future.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2013
    irad4185 wrote: »
    ^Agree 100%. I think many libertarians and those on the far left that voted for Obama in 2008 felt betrayed by his policies. I always hear people linking Bush and Obama but don't put things into context. Bush was a idealist and were as Obama is more of a pragmatist. Obama isn't some far left messiah and with the political climate he inherited he'd never win a 2nd term if he acted like one.

Obama is just like Bush aside from the healthcare law. He's a bloodthirsty warlord, spends money like a drunken sailor on ? adventures overseas, keeps sucking Israel's ? although it is ruining our reputation worldwide and is an ? on medical marijuana. Why would he do this if he keeps on whining about how bad the economy is lol..... What the ? kind of change is this??? I'm supposed to be impressed? FOH
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭

Obama is just like Bush aside from the healthcare law. He's a bloodthirsty warlord, spends money like a drunken sailor on ? adventures overseas, keeps sucking Israel's ? although it is ruining our reputation worldwide and is an ? on medical marijuana. Why would he do this if he keeps on whining about how bad the economy is lol..... What the ? kind of change is this??? I'm supposed to be impressed? FOH

You sound like a salty weed smoker. He lowers taxes for middle class, raises for upper class, tried to cut military spending, tried to close guantanamo bay, stopped iraq war, and raises relationships with US worldwide. He's nothing like Bush b.

If he forced his ? on people, then he'd be like Bush. But he doesn't have that much power unless he does, and he clearly believes in being fair. Get educated.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited May 2013
    I give Obama's stimulus credit, it helped the economy a bit. But while you are blaming Republicans for almost everything underneath the sun, Obama has still been of little help overall in pushing this country in the right direction. You completely ignored my points about Obama being a bloodthirsty warmonger who loves spending money and resources on other nations that hate us while cities right here are crumbling before our very eyes. We spend billions a week in Afghanistan and have/are spending hundreds of millions on other adventures worldwide, while so many cities here in America are being abandoned. Obama could also help improve the economy by telling the DOJ to stop prosecuting businesses who are trying to grow medical marijuana, a business that could bring so many jobs and revenue to the economy. Republicans have been ? on this issue, and so has Obama. Can't blame Republicans for Obama himself being a total ? on this and many other issues.

As far as the jobs bill Republicans helped shoot down, where the ? was Obama's jobs bill when Democrats had both houses of Congress? Oh that's right, it didn't exist lol.....and you're blaming the sequester on Republicans now? UMM it was Obama's idea and he signed the damn thing into law (I personally don't have a problem with the sequester though, spending must come down). You really want to bring up Obama extending the Bush tax cuts, which bankrupted the nation further?? No one forced Obama to do that, a strong leader would have stood his ground. Obama caved in like the little ? made ? he is.

Back to many liberals and moderates like myself being deeply unhappy about Obama's lack of leadership, what makes you think liberals and moderates wouldn't win a fight against hard right conservative militia groups? Vermont is a very liberal state and they have some of the loosest gun laws in the country. NY is a left leaning state and I know plenty of dudes here with guns, me included. You keep acting like Republicans are the main problem with this nation and that's fine, the problem though is that Obama is a problem too. This is beyond left and right, he's not a leader of change, and he hasn't done anything to excite his base for some time now, aside from being a ? supporter of ? marriage of course. Republicans have blocked some legislation true, but Obama hasn't fought hard for real change either. Obama has not impressed me at all as a strong leader, even if Obama failed at fighting for real change, I'd respect him all the more because he tried. I want a fighter, not a whiner. But Obama being a ? and all, I can't respect him too much, though he still gets props for being the first Black president. But him being a weak ass leader is gona make it very hard for another Black man or woman to become president in the future.

Every convo we've had, I've told you that Obama never said he wouldn't be about that war life before his first election, but he's attempted a ? load of stuff to stop these greedy people from taking a us down further. You ask where's his jobs bill? Well he's the president silly, he's not supposed to create bills but regardless he's doing his duties at least as a spokesman for sound ideas as he is supposed to be. http://www.americanjobsact.com/
    That stimulus also went to repairing our infrastructure with lots of construction jobs and he tried to build a national railway that will help country further but Republican states want to stop that too. Bush lied, manipulated, and used a national tragedy to get his way, but cool with that approach right?

A president can't force the hand a legislature to do their job, the reality of that is more obvious now then ever. Stop acting like blue dogs weren't there stopping legislature when he had both houses. Did we forget Lieberman, and Kennedy being sick, or Republicans filibustering? I agree on Marijuana, i gave him a chance the first round but i can't see why he's acting up now. It's not like he's keeping it out of the hands of children. The sequester is hurting our economy further because people are loosing jobs so how are you in support of it but then crying about jobs? It was republicans crying about him not cutting spending and you seem to support that idea too so why throw stones? Austerity has only shown to further problems rather then solve them. I guess if it's not a job as a weed carrier, it's not legit.

Regardless he created that so that there would be something out there to show republicans that he was willing to do something if they didn't which they didn't. It was to get something rolling and it included military cuts. So you mad at Obama but you seem to be cool with that move? Doesn't seem like a move of scary ? . We have enough black leaders doing shady ? in all levels of government to prove that skin color will not make a difference. This isn't beyond left and right because the right created and is perpetuating this ? and if you think i can't blame everything on people who fostered this situation and kills any aid or forces extreme solutions then i don't know what to tell you.

No, i don't think Liberals or Moderates can win against Militias after they took part in your dream scenario of a war to destroy any infrastructure that would have supported them. But what we are speaking of is blacks not having a say after such events regardless because there a racist in Vermont and NY too.

Btw, if you don't agree with me, then respond, the constant no-signs are juvenile and i don't think we are at that level of disrespect with one another.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    IDK maybe not until we start having to ration food and daily goods like the Russians during the cold war.
  • janklow
    I understand Tea Party members aren't always right but what makes you think people fighting a revolution would be conservative overall?
    it's an assumption based on:
    --who's most likely to have the actual GUNS to fight a revolution;
    --the portrayal in the media (sorry to bust that phrase out, but here we are) of the nation containing all these right-wing groups that love guns and hate the government. you just don't get press saying the same about any left-leaning groups.
    ^Agree 100%. I think many libertarians and those on the far left that voted for Obama in 2008 felt betrayed by his policies.
    tell you what, though: if you voted for Obama in 2008 thinking he'd uphold anything close to a libertarian ideal, you're a ? idiot.
    Vermont is a very liberal state and they have some of the loosest gun laws in the country. NY is a left leaning state and I know plenty of dudes here with guns, me included.
    this is not a GREAT example, though, since NY is a state that's taking pride in hammering gun owners with new anti-gun laws.

i live in a Democrat-controlled state with my giant pile of guns, but i'll be honest: if there was ever a serious armed rebellion against the US, it wouldn't be kicking off in my state.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An armed revolution would be the first step in America turning to an authoritarian nation. It won't be a question of if the rebels would be crushed but when. The balance of power during the civil war was much more even then than it is now. The rebels best bet would be to use terrorism and guerrilla tactics but I don't see how they'd be able to maintain that once martial law kicks in. Look at what happened during the Boston bombings. Neighbors will start snitchin on neighbors in a heartbeat. Most Americans don't have the stomach for war overseas so it'll be easier to pass another patriot act when ? pops off locally.

The majority of people don't want what little peace they have disturbed by people preaching hyperbole in either direction.

Armed revolution is nonsense anyway. If you really want to get things done its gotta be at least:

1. non-violent:
    violent = crazy, violence always leads to resistance as well. Nobody cares what your cause is if you putting them in danger)

2. grassroots:
    gotta get feet moving, apathy created this situation more than anything. There's no sense of outrage (on the left; there's constant outrage on the right, thus why they are controlling the political scene right now)

Every damn movement in this country that has gained any traction did so because of those two elements. ? Rights, Civil Rights, Women's Suffrage, nobody needed to try to overthrow the government to get things rolling. They started by organizing around a solid ideology and a goal. There are extremists in every one of them (the pedos, the radical feminazis, black liberation groups) but they managed to for the most part exorcise those cliques out their organizations for the betterment of the movement.

Extremists will always have an audience but you have to realize when people are hurting and they aren't helping.

The Socialist organizations, Anarchist groups are all but marginalized, for decades the Libertarians were as well...their current resurgence will be short lived once their ideology plunges the country into poverty and chaos.

You gotta take proper steps when talking revolution, all that gun talk is cool but why turn America into Syria or the Sudan when you don't have to? Why ruin the peace of non-political people when you don't have to? If you want blowback..go ahead and start popping shots. When the Gub'mint cracks down and starts locking folks up and kicking in doors the snitching will start and massacres like Waco will happen. Who the ? wants to deal with that?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Dark Raiden drinking that tainted juice out here

he really thinks soldiers just blindly follow orders LOL

and keep on thinking that Obama is any different than Bush

when he extended the Patriot Act and basically cosigned the potential for military drones to fly over US cities