Best Laptop Manufacturers - Who you got?

Options
2»

Comments

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Do not get a Toshiba bruh

My only experience w/ a Toshiba laptop was bad. ? was a suped up gaming laptop...cost me a couple stacks. The ? graphics cards burned out. Muffugguhs was like $500 a piece to replace. Needless to say, I didn't get it fixed.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Area 51 laptop I guess.

or dude .. get a Dell
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just got an Acer yesterday. Wasn't looking for anything to gangsta. I was just replacing the one I had which was on its last legs. I was surprised though. It's got pretty much everything I could want and was only 550. I don't know how long it will last but judging by the reviews, it should be straight for a while.

I was looking at the Macs and I need someone to explain to me what the big deal is. I can most definitely understand going with them because you like the OS. OS is damn near everything really, but looking at specs, Apple is conning the ? out of people. I saw the Moutain Lion or whatever it was had pretty much the exact same specs as the one I got and costed $500 more. That's crazy.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apple customer service is top of the notch from what I hear. Not sure if that warrants an additional 500 bucks tho
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get a Mac, b.. I have a Mac and I regret buying this ? . How the ? I spent 1000+ and the ? don't even have an hdmi port?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    My bro in law got a $3000 Mac with 16 Gb of RAM. He loves it because it's fast, but could you imagine a 3G PC? That ? would have everything under the sun.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im still using a mbp from '08 and just about to upgrade to a new mbp, go apple for laptops especially if your going to spend $2500+
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    im still using a mbp from '08 and just about to upgrade to a new mbp, go apple for laptops especially if your going to spend $2500+

That's not really true. It really depends on what you're using the computer for. Most agree that Macs and PCs excel at different things.
  • LUClEN
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Lol at spending 2500+ on a laptop. Why would so much need to be spent? I got an i7 with 12 gb ram and 2gb gfx card, 15 inch monitor, enhanced exhaust system for maximum cooling, 750 gb hard drive @ 7,200 RPM, 2 year warranty, a specially designed laptop backpack, gaming mouse, and mother board with 4 usb3.0 ports for 1500.

What are u trying to do with a 2500 dollar laptop that my 1500 one can't?
  • Sicky Mouse
    Sicky Mouse Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got an Acer V5-121 as a school computer. Dropped 200 on it. It's very compact which is why I got it and it's got more than enough RAM but it's CPU is WOAT... AMD C-70 APU 1.00 Ghz, sickening. Pages take longer to load and scrolling down is choppy especially on pages here with all yalls gif sigs and in Ill Pix. on Youtube i have to have vids set to 244 P and when Im watching a downloaded vid (of which i can only watch in 720 p)on my second monitor i can't do anything while it's playing or it will freeze.
  • LUClEN
    edited September 2013
    Options
    AMD makes terrible processors. Prone to overheatin.
  • Sicky Mouse
    Options
    acer website says i can upgrade to a 1.5 ghz cpu. should solve my problems.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    AMD makes terrible processors. Prone to overheatin.

and less powerful than intel processors
  • Sicky Mouse
    Options
    i can't find an upgrade for it anywhere. i'm stuck with it till i can afford a new one...
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get a Mac, b.. I have a Mac and I regret buying this ? . How the ? I spent 1000+ and the ? don't even have an hdmi port?

@ the bolded....That's the only thing I don't like about my Mac

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i got a dell inspiron with win7 64 bit on there, runs real good to me, im able to run my essentials(sony acid, fl studio) on there. only gave me trouble one good time, when i had to do a school project and watch the breakfast club, i made a wrong click and all my ? was gon, had to buy another win7, other than that its last me 3 years *knocks on wood*
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Every time someone mentions breakfast club I think of that song "Don't you.... forget about me"

? is like a Pavlovian bell
  • naomi shambles
    naomi shambles Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Options