Is Vince McMahon Racist?

Options
TheBossman
TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Off The Turn Buckle
Still to this day the rock is the only wrestler of African American decent to win the top title in the wwe. so i ask the question we all be thinking, does vince got something against black as the top guy in his company?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n1Q8xBUKDE

who do yall think should of been the wwe champ by now in the wwe?

Is Vince McMahon Racist? 34 votes

Kofi
5%
eljay7iVader_F_Kennedy 2 votes
MVP
5%
5th LetterTheBossman 2 votes
Shelton Benjamin
20%
raidhater323TheBoyRoDarkRaidenRollin_ThundaSour-Cream[Deleted User]LUClEN 7 votes
Big Zeke
0%
Mark Henry (was WHC)
20%
ex-soldierwillhustleCopperillestni99ainneSerious Juice MayneNothingButTheTruthMrSoutCity 7 votes
R Truth
2%
lookdude 1 vote
Booker T (was WHC)
44%
northside7lion_heartpoindexter2buttuh_bsobekinfamous114dnyce215qtipp73waterproofMr.LVAlready Home_17VulcanRavenYoung GunnerCashmoneyDuxRawAce 15 votes
Someone Else
0%

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Mark Henry (was WHC)
    Bruh 99.99999% of (old) white men are racist, so of course he's racist.

And yes he has a problem with a black guy as the top guy, simply because he's (Vince's) not black and in his opinion a black guy doesn't look "right" as a champion.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    MVP
    ? made no sense when henry BEAT ryback at WM but had to qualify for a championship match, but ryback got it and he LOST at WM.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    r-truth_display_image.jpg

Anyone remember that ECW segment back in 06 when VinceMcMahon had that segment with Elijah Burke saying he wish he could have a song like him?

I dont think he's "super-racist" at all... he just knows what sells.. but there is a rumor saying he didnt want Junkyard Dog to be champ due to him being black even tho Hulk Hogan was all for it and willing to drop the title to him... so if he is racist he's a s racist as the average white person who doesn't say they are but don't even consciously know that they are.

Someday soon there will be a black man with the size look ability and mic skills to be The Rock. I just know there is black talent out there. Look at every other major sport minus hockey, a black man is always on top no matter how many other ethnicities are in the sport.... MMA, Golf, Tennis, etc.

MVP shoulda had a chance imo, but needed a better finisher.

Shelton didnt need mic skills to be a champ but to be fair a white version of him called John Morrison didnt get a title either and Morrison was a bit better especially during his tag team run.

I wont even count that fake ECW title runs ? . Only time I seen so many minorities win a meaningless ? belt.

Monty Brown was the closest thing we had to the perfect package and he left during his prime or just b4 it.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    MVP
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

Anyone remember that ECW segment back in 06 when VinceMcMahon had that segment with Elijah Burke saying he wish he could have a song like him?

I dont think he's "super-racist" at all... he just knows what sells.. but there is a rumor saying he didnt want Junkyard Dog to be champ due to him being black even tho Hulk Hogan was all for it and willing to drop the title to him... so if he is racist he's a s racist as the average white person who doesn't say they are but don't even consciously know that they are.

Someday soon there will be a black man with the size look ability and mic skills to be The Rock. I just know there is black talent out there. Look at every other major sport minus hockey, a black man is always on top no matter how many other ethnicities are in the sport.... MMA, Golf, Tennis, etc.

Shelton didnt need mic skills to be a champ but to be fair a white version of him called John Morrison didnt get a title either and Morrison was a bit better especially during his tag team run.

I wont even count that fake ECW title runs ? . Only time I seen so many minorities win a meaningless ? belt.

Monty Brown was the closest thing we had to the perfect package and he left during his prime or just b4 it.

lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Oh ya Elijah Burke aka the Pope had major potential to being the black version of y2J, but i dunno what happened. It was like he didnt have the right gimmick then by the time he had the right gimmick he was stuck in a sinkhole called TNA at the time.. imagine Elijah Burke now...dude had charisma man. Coulda used better theme music in TNA also.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    MVP
    the pope in the wwe would of been nice to see.

i don't believe for a second JYD would of been champ during the hogan run. just like bad news brown, tito satana, and mr perfect could of been champs during the hogan run.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Booker T (was WHC)
    Yes Vince is racist because he does racist ass ? ....KO KO B WARE, SAPHRIE, VIRGIL AND ALL TYPES OF ? ....

BAD NEWS BROWN, JUNK YARD DOG was suppose to get the WWF title, But vince ? over BNB and instead of the WWF giving JYD the titke Vince made JYD the King of the Ring, Butch Reed should of aleast got the IC title and Ron Simmons should of got a title shot...

But Vince like ? BUFF ? some creepy ? but it's true, Ahmad Johnson was on his way of getting the WWF HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE, Vince was about to put the title on him but his injuries cost him the belt, Johnson was always injured and had weight issues and BOBBY LASHLEY was about to be the first BLACK WWE Heavyweight Champion but lashley left.

Don't be surprised if you see BIG E LANGSTON be the first BLACK not mixed WWE champion there's talk that Vince got plans for BIG E

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Booker T (was WHC)
    TheBossman wrote: »
    the pope in the wwe would of been nice to see.

i don't believe for a second JYD would of been champ during the hogan run. just like bad news brown, tito satana, and mr perfect could of been champs during the hogan run.

JYD was one of the most popular wrestlers in WWF at that time, giving Hogan a run for his money at shows JYD was getting big ass pop sometimes more than Hogan
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Booker T (was WHC)
    Booker should've been WWE champ. He had the popularity and all the ability. I also agree about Pope/Burke. I always thought he had all the tools to be a legit top black star but they wasted him.

MVP should've at least been WHC. If they let Swagger have the belt when he was a joke, they could've let MVP have it when he had better right ability, better mic skills, and was more popular with the fans.

And yes, I believe Vince is racist.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Booker T (was WHC)
    ? made no sense when henry BEAT ryback at WM but had to qualify for a championship match, but ryback got it and he LOST at WM.

That's some ufc ? right there losing matches and getting championship match next lol.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i agree with this, ion think he racist, he just either saw the wrong things in certain guys, or guys just couldnt step up and get all the way over, booker t shoulda definitely had a reign tho, but i think thats more of them having too much faith in hhh
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, I think he doesn't have black champions for the same reason there aren't any big time black superheroes, simply put: little white kids can't live vicariously through them.

That's the biggest plus on the side of Cena right now, a small white boy sees Cena as a superhero (to be honest kids of all races do) and can live vicariously through him but that feeling might not be the same for a black wrestler.

? are already talking about the coulda-beens and there's always something the "coulda-been" did wrong. I don't see things that way, I see it as Vince not wanting to take the chance. The only guys that shot themselves in the foot was maybe Lashley (by quitting) and Ahmed Johnson (repeated injuries), everyone else deserves at least a SHOT.

Think about that for a second, blacks rarely even get title MATCHES, let alone win the strap. I guess I'm gonna have to change my vote to Yes now lol. I just thought about that.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, I think he doesn't have black champions for the same reason there aren't any big time black superheroes, simply put: little white kids can't live vicariously through them.

That's the biggest plus on the side of Cena right now, a small white boy sees Cena as a superhero (to be honest kids of all races do) and can live vicariously through him but that feeling might not be the same for a black wrestler.

? are already talking about the coulda-beens and there's always something the "coulda-been" did wrong. I don't see things that way, I see it as Vince not wanting to take the chance. The only guys that shot themselves in the foot was maybe Lashley (by quitting) and Ahmed Johnson (repeated injuries), everyone else deserves at least a SHOT.

Think about that for a second, blacks rarely even get title MATCHES, let alone win the strap. I guess I'm gonna have to change my vote to Yes now lol. I just thought about that.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Booker T (was WHC)

i agree with this, ion think he racist, he just either saw the wrong things in certain guys, or guys just couldnt step up and get all the way over, booker t shoulda definitely had a reign tho, but i think thats more of them having too much faith in hhh
    Yeah definitely when wrestlemania 19 happen and Triple h had the world heavyweight championship going against Booker T it should of been Booker T wrestlemania moment on the big stage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGqQsTG3rWo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• TheBossman
    Options
    MVP
    jono wrote: »

this is true, how many WWE TITLE CHANCES HAS KOFI HAD? henry also...
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Booker T (was WHC)
    jono wrote: »

this is true, how many WWE TITLE CHANCES HAS KOFI HAD? henry also...

Mark Henry had about 2 or 3 wwe title shots in one month against CM Punk on Raw.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <stone cold>Hell yeah</stone cold> But, he knows who watches wrestling and knows he has to appease them to remain successful. Booker t was over before he even got to wwe and Mark Henry was ? on repeatedly until they had no choice but to give him a break due to a thin roster.
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i can see Kofi getting a shot. people like his energy and he is different from last year. more rugged in the ring.

billionaires generally arent racist because they are the few white people that know that green is the best color.

Big E? hair cut. new ring attire. a pinch of personality. maybe.

Mark Henry. Im already ready for him to go back on vacation. Sheamus again? really?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Booker T nd Mark Henry shoulda been WWE champs at least 1 time them ? paid their dues nd had to do embarassing ? . I think Vince is racist dat ? wit Virgil, Cryme Tyme, nd dat hip hop group from da 90's wit Viscera nd 2 ova fat black guys rappin nd wrestling
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wtf happened to Ezekiel Jackson? I forgot all about him until I seem the poll.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cracka ass cracka
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, Vince isn't racist. Vince is a businessman first and foremost. Most of his income comes from white America and he has to keep them happy. Back in the 80's, as popular as JYD was he would not be accepted as the image of WWF. Not Vince's fault, he has to cater to who's paying the wages of the wrestlers and that's the audience, majority of whom are white. I'm sure the wrestlers themselves know this and understand the situation.

Rock was the perfect combination though. The right time and the right look. Light skinned with smooth hair - half his fans probably didn't even know he was black - and now he's a big movie star.

It would be more accepted nowadays though, but I don't see anyone with the right charisma to be the face of the WWE.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... he just knows what sells.. .