LOL WOW... Rolando McClain Retires from the NFL at the AGE OF 23.

Options

Comments

• SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McClain and Titus Young are two of the dumbest ? on the planet.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    Just had to post this...
    Rolando-McClain.jpg

Yeah that ? is cool at 23 years old. Would make a cool Facebook profile pic......

Then you turn 28, and you're dead broke living with your Mom. You wake up on Probation one day and realize what a ? ? you've been and how you lost out on making 20-30million more dollars to play a game.

• perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont follow the NFL but I can tell from all of your post in this thread you ? never played football...

That ? aint nothing but slavery. He smart for quitting as a millionaire without the prolonged brain damage and blunt force trauma... All the other ? he doing I cant speak for. Ever since Iverson ran through the NBA all these professionals have just been monkeys in suits... ? for your enjoyment if I may...
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we'll see a 30 for 30 on him in tha future
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man, ? just looking crazy for us next season
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Dont follow the NFL but I can tell from all of your post in this thread you ? never played football...

That ? aint nothing but slavery. He smart for quitting as a millionaire without the prolonged brain damage and blunt force trauma... All the other ? he doing I cant speak for. Ever since Iverson ran through the NBA all these professionals have just been monkeys in suits... ? for your enjoyment if I may...

Pretty sure one of the rules of slavery is that you dont get paid. Let alone millions of dollars.

Precisely, FOH with the slavery argument
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ain't quite as bad as some of you are making it seem. To me, it's actually pretty smart to go into the league, leave after < 5 years, and go live a regular life with millions of dollars to spare and all of your health still intact.

I mean, yeah, it will be a stupid move if he blows all the money or goes and uses his life to do some ignorant ? . But lets' be really, if he's made a few mil and he's going to live in Alabama, he's pretty much set for life without having to work another day.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you know there's a lot of whites and samoans in football too, right?
  • perspective@100
    Options

Pretty sure one of the rules of slavery is that you dont get paid. Let alone millions of dollars.

Everybody automatically thought I was talking about the slavery of blacks, lol... Try harder.
    Yall calling him dumb and he a millionaire, and your sitting here posting in a cyber world full of nobodies and broke ? ... Ironic!
  • perspective@100
    Options

you know there's a lot of whites and samoans in football too, right?

Yes I am aware. Slavery has no racial divide...

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

Everybody automatically thought I was talking about the slavery of blacks, lol... Try harder.
    Yall calling him dumb and he a millionaire, and your sitting here posting in a cyber world full of nobodies and broke ? ... Ironic!

So why don't you elaborate

Ol punk ass ?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The irony is that he was the smart/composed one of that Alabama team...
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

The rest of your post validates the bolded

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Show me where I said any of this?

The concept of someone being broke, rich, wealthy, well-off etc. is all relative.

you're* btw.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just had to post this...
    Rolando-McClain.jpg

legendary ? .
  • perspective@100
    Options

The concept of someone being broke, rich, wealthy, well-off etc. is all relative.

you're* btw.

? less u got mo money than he do just shut da ? up... He is more well off den you will ever B... and at 23 btw smart guy

My point of saying its like "slavery" is because of the way they are treated, and have to train/practice. Then they are traded as commodities and finally cut and pretty much ban. Your probably a slave to your job or profession. Slave is a common term used to describe a job. Its old slang you young punk. Also not getting paid is NOT a rule of slavery... Go look up wage slave, all of you I mean cosign cosign ether ether lol

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate the slave to athlete comparison. That ? is just stupid. Slaves didn't get paid; pro athletes are amongst the highest paid people in the country. Slaves had no control over what happen to them; pro athletes dictate what happens to them largely based on their performance. Yes, they can be traded, but that's part of their contractual obligation. We all have signed contracts with things written in them that didn't work out to our benefit always, does that make us slaves.

Yes, there are some downsides and hardships associated with being a pro athlete, but I'd say all of those are balanced out by the pay and status that comes with being in that field. The slave comparison is and has always been overboard and it minimizes true slavery which still exists today.
  • major pain
    Options

you're* btw.

? less u got mo money than he do just shut da ? up... He is more well off den you will ever B... and at 23 btw smart guy

My point of saying its like "slavery" is because of the way they are treated, and have to train/practice. Then they are traded as commodities and finally cut and pretty much ban. Your probably a slave to your job or profession. Slave is a common term used to describe a job. Its old slang you young punk. Also not getting paid is NOT a rule of slavery... Go look up wage slave, all of you I mean cosign cosign ether ether lol

You're upset and its understandable. As the monk below mentioned, your argument is just stupid and you have been called to the square.

They are paid very well to train/practice. No one is forcing them to do any of this, let alone sign the contract that says they can be cut or traded.

We're all a slave to something and let me see the link you have to the common term of "slave" as being a job.

I got your young punk. Fight me. RAH RAH RAH.

You also didn't say wage slave. Try saying what you mean and meaning what you say, tough guy.

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just had to post this...
    Rolando-McClain.jpg

Smh...Stupid ? .
  • perspective@100
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I hate the slave to athlete comparison. That ? is just stupid. Slaves didn't get paid; pro athletes are amongst the highest paid people in the country. Slaves had no control over what happen to them; pro athletes dictate what happens to them largely based on their performance. Yes, they can be traded, but that's part of their contractual obligation. We all have signed contracts with things written in them that didn't work out to our benefit always, does that make us slaves.

Yes, there are some downsides and hardships associated with being a pro athlete, but I'd say all of those are balanced out by the pay and status that comes with being in that field. The slave comparison is and has always been overboard and it minimizes true slavery which still exists today.

Dear Lord, all of you have missed the meaning of my terminology. Obviously none of you have ever played football let alone a professional sport. Football unlike baseball or golf you have to show up in top condition (running,speed, strength, awareness) to be effective on the field. Its brutal on your body physically and mentally.Its brutal on your body physically and mentally (repeated for emphasis). There is a certain way you are supposed to conduct yourself inside of certain guidelines. You have bosses that have bosses who wont hesitate to make a public example out of you . Not to mention the league itself can also punish you with fines and suspensions. My point is its no longer just a ":game", especially when the consequences directly affect your livelihood. The demands physically are comparable to that of a laborer who works in a warehouse or an assembly line for ten or even twenty years. This is where I used the term "slavery" as what rappers would say is a metaphor, not a simile because I did not use "like" or "as".

Anyway, to the bold there are various forms of "slavery" as I pointed out "wage slaves", which directly relates to the kind of slavery I depicted using my metaphor. I refuse to elaborate on wage slavery as all you have to do is type that ? in google and read it on wiki. Just because some slavery is more harsh than the other does not make one less slavery than its counter part, as it would still be considered slavery. As I stated earlier slave is an old slang term for job. Believe it or not most people are slaves to their jobs. Your bills will not pay for themselves so you have to work. If you dont work you dont eat. Your job has control over your life and all the facets surrounding it. You can not simply live free and do as you please. You are a slave by definition. Stupid as the argument may seem it is still relevant. Its why jobs form unions to protect the workers. Otherwise the bosses or the *slave masters (metaphor) will be exploiting individuals every chance available.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

Dear Lord, all of you have missed the meaning of my terminology. Obviously none of you have ever played football let alone a professional sport. Football unlike baseball you have to show up in top condition (running,speed, strength, awareness) to be effective on the field. Its brutal on your body physically and mentally.Its brutal on your body physically and mentally (repeated for emphasis). There is a certain way you are supposed to conduct yourself inside of certain guidelines. You have bosses that have bosses who wont hesitate to make a public example out of you . Not to mention the league itself can also punish you with fines and suspensions. My point is its no longer just a ":game", especially when the consequences directly affect your livelihood. The demands physically are comparable to that of a laborer who works in a warehouse or an assembly line for ten or even twenty years. This is where I used the term "slavery" as what rappers would say is a metaphor.

Anyway, to the bold there are various forms of "slavery" as I pointed out "wage slaves", which directly relates to the kind of slavery I depicted using my metaphor. I refuse to elaborate on wage slavery as all you have to do is type that ? in google and read it on wiki. Just because some slavery is more harsh than the other does not make one less slavery than its counter part, as it would still be considered slavery. As I stated earlier slave is an old slang term for job. Believe it or not most people are slaves to their jobs. Your bills will not pay for themselves so you have to work. If you dont work you dont eat. Your job has control over your life and all the facets surrounding it. You can not simply live free and do as you please. You are a slave by definition. Stupid as the argument may seem it is still relevant. Its why jobs form unions to protect the workers. Otherwise the bosses or the *slave masters (metaphor) will be exploiting individuals every chance available.

So in a nutshell you're saying 99% of American citizens are slaves.

Cool story bro.
  • perspective@100
    edited May 2013
    Options

you're* btw.

You're upset and its understandable. As the monk below mentioned, your argument is just stupid and you have been called to the square.

They are paid very well to train/practice. No one is forcing them to do any of this, let alone sign the contract that says they can be cut or traded.

We're all a slave to something and let me see the link you have to the common term of "slave" as being a job.

I got your young punk. Fight me. RAH RAH RAH.

You also didn't say wage slave. Try saying what you mean and meaning what you say, tough guy.

Upset? No, more like frustrated about the comprehension level of people on this site. That's why I usually stick to the social lounge and the boxing thread. I mean everything I say. If you dont get it, or understand it, or even like it thats for you to figure out or keep it moving. Trust I ant no jive turkey sucka Ill sit in the square all day no prob. My argument had nothing to do with slavery initially. That was just something you could not fathom comparing an NFL athlete to. I was actually saying football itself with all it restrictions and demands was slavery as a metaphor, but I digress. My original statement was actually expressing that the young man actually made a smart move by quitting the NFL at an early age, health still intact with a few million dollars in his pocket. That is all. As this slavery comparison ? is just fuel for the fire which you started, but I' am glad to keep it going as you choose. Thats the great thing about semantics.
    I'm right your wrong or your right and I'm wrong does not really mean a thing not to me anyway.
    You want a link? Sorry I just read a lot of books and I picked that up somewhere along the lines. I know some old school cats who still use it too so I know I'm not crazy.

• perspective@100
    edited May 2013
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Dear Lord, all of you have missed the meaning of my terminology. Obviously none of you have ever played football let alone a professional sport. Football unlike baseball you have to show up in top condition (running,speed, strength, awareness) to be effective on the field. Its brutal on your body physically and mentally.Its brutal on your body physically and mentally (repeated for emphasis). There is a certain way you are supposed to conduct yourself inside of certain guidelines. You have bosses that have bosses who wont hesitate to make a public example out of you . Not to mention the league itself can also punish you with fines and suspensions. My point is its no longer just a ":game", especially when the consequences directly affect your livelihood. The demands physically are comparable to that of a laborer who works in a warehouse or an assembly line for ten or even twenty years. This is where I used the term "slavery" as what rappers would say is a metaphor.

So in a nutshell you're saying 99% of American citizens are slaves.

Cool story bro.

Damn, did I hit a nerve with this slavery ? ? lol But technically no, a percentage dont work or are unemployed, live off the gov or the land, another percentage are in wealthy families and dont need to work or are homeless, or involved in crime that pays but you get the gist... less than 99%

• major pain
    Options
    My ? . I didn't think this could get any stupider < (that's on purpose btw)