Where is your allegiance? With ? or with the world?

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
The LORD blessed me to preach another sermon on 5/14/13. If you have time to check it out, I pray that your soul will be edified and ministered unto. Critiques, thoughts, and comments are appreciated. Amen.

http://youtu.be/JWyhiVLQkW4

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    Options
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    always with the Most High Creator
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Hi, BA.

Hey Vibe, how goes the battle of the atheist life? Many blessings? lol
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    the Buddhist teaching
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    Options
    .IRS. wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    Hi, BA.

Hey Vibe, how goes the battle of the atheist life? Many blessings? lol

Errday!

No tornadoes, tsunamis or mass shootings my way.
  • Squidward Tentacles
    Squidward Tentacles Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Options
    My allegiance is with myself. To fully perceive the nature of oneself is to be enlightened.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    the Buddhist teaching
    How will the buddhist teaching profit you on the day of reckoning my friend?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    ? Wight wrote: »
    Tao

Please explain
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    My allegiance is with myself. To fully perceive the nature of oneself is to be enlightened.

How about wisdom?
  • Squidward Tentacles
    Squidward Tentacles Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

How about wisdom?

to achieve enlightenment is to gain the ultimate wisdom.
  • WYRM
    edited May 2013
    Options
    We all don't "believe" in a day of "absolute" reckoning. To explain something you refuse to acknowledge as anything other than my vessel to your idea of a "reckoning" or hell, would be a fool's errand my friend. We all have our way of seeing things and your's is just one of many, I can not fit your footprints or you mine.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

How about wisdom?

to achieve enlightenment is to gain the ultimate wisdom.
    Do you know the name of wisdom my friend?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    We all don't "believe" in a day of "absolute" reckoning. To explain something you refuse to acknowledge as anything other than my vessel to your idea of a "reckoning" or hell, would be a fool's errand my friend. We all have our way of seeing things and your's is just one of many, I can not fit your footprints or you mine.

Just because one may not believe that there will be a final judgment, doesn't negate the fact that there will be one my friend.

You can go around saying you don't believe in death, but the day that ? requires your soul will be the day that the truth will become a reality.

I respect your opinions but everybody has those. What I am concerned with is truth. Do you know truth my friend? That is the question.

• WYRM
    Options
    I guess the proof will be in the pudding my friend. Yes friend I know my personal truth and relationship with it, unlike some folk I just care not to "witness" to coin a phrase. No need for a philosophical debate on it, when "Truth" requires my soul, it will be my truth and it that Judges me. Who are you saving these people for, your "Truth" or yourself? Have you asked your self that friend? When did I say I don't believe in death, because I do believe in a mortal death but an eternal soul.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you actually believe the ? you speak? Religious people spew hate and fight against ? but they won't fight against preachers and priests ? little boys.... You're religion is ? and you know it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I guess the proof will be in the pudding my friend. Yes friend I know my personal truth and relationship with it, unlike some folk I just care not to "witness" to coin a phrase. No need for a philosophical debate on it, when "Truth" requires my soul, it will be my truth and it that Judges me. Who are you saving these people for, your "Truth" or yourself? Have you asked your self that friend? When did I say I don't believe in death, because I do believe in a mortal death but an eternal soul.

I agree. The proof will definitely be in the pudding. That's why it's imperative that you settle your account on this side of eternity. Today is the day of salvation!

Also, I don't do any saving. Jesus Christ is the one who does the saving. I'm just a messenger of the good news. I point people to the one who will save, even unto the uttermost. Do you know Him?

You never said that you didn't believe in death. I was just using an analogy for what you had previously said.

Do you know where your eternal soul will be when all is said and done?

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Do you actually believe the ? you speak? Religious people spew hate and fight against ? but they won't fight against preachers and priests ? little boys.... You're religion is ? and you know it.

Your talking about religion, but I'm talking about Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Do you know Him today my friend?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    the Buddhist teaching

Being a Buddhist, I do not believe in the "Day of Reckoning" as it is a Christian belief.
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    "I beseech you, my brothers, remain faithful to the earth, and do not believe those who speak to you of otherworldly hopes! Poison-mixers are they, whether they know it or not. Despisers of life are they, decaying and poisoned themselves, of whom the earth is weary: so let them go.
    Once the sin against ? was the greatest sin; but ? died, and these sinners died with him. To sin against the earth is now the most dreadful thing, and to esteem the entrails of the unknowable higher than the meaning of the earth..."
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    the Buddhist teaching

Being a Buddhist, I do not believe in the "Day of Reckoning" as it is a Christian belief.

It doesn't matter if you believe in it or not my friend. Nothing will be able to stop you from appearing at the arraignment. Death can not hide you, the dirt will not cover you, there will be no calling in sick, nor will there be anybody to stand in your place. You will make the appointment Oceanic regardless if you believe in it or not. That's the reality of the situation.

Now, since this day is unavoidable how do you plan to enter into the cosmic courtroom? Covered by the blood of Jesus Christ? Or covered by your sins and transgressions? The ball is in your court my friend. As long as the breath of life is in you, you have the will to decide how you want to appear before the King of the universe. Do you know Him today?

• WYRM
    edited May 2013
    Options
    My boogie man can beat up your boogie man mentality, sorry friend I can not continue this line of conversation, far too trollish for my blood.
  • Bodhi
    Options

It doesn't matter if you believe in it or not my friend. Nothing will be able to stop you from appearing at the arraignment. Death can not hide you, the dirt will not cover you, there will be no calling in sick, nor will there be anybody to stand in your place. You will make the appointment Oceanic regardless if you believe in it or not. That's the reality of the situation.

Now, since this day is unavoidable how do you plan to enter into the cosmic courtroom? Covered by the blood of Jesus Christ? Or covered by your sins and transgressions? The ball is in your court my friend. As long as the breath of life is in you, you have the will to decide how you want to appear before the King of the universe. Do you know Him today?

I cannot answer your question because I do not believe in any Christian doctrine. My reality is different from yours. It's like asking someone with a pet dog how to specifically take care of a parrot.