Moors: explain this ? to me

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
The title says it all but allow me to pose a few questions for starters:

-- What makes you different from other Muslims?

-- How in the hell do you figure that "We" are descendants of the North & West African Moors?
(West Africa is far too diverse culturally to make such a statement in my opinion)

-- What is the culture of the Moors? (Meaning language, dress etc).

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    @waterproof can answer this i think. he very educated on this.
  • jono
    Options
    I'm interested, I think there are others on here too but I don't know their s/n. We'll see what happens.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    we're not talking about the "sovereign citizen" scam-type Moors, i hope
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I am not a member of the Moorish Science temple.......

However, I have studied the work of Prophet Noble Drew Ali........

"What makes you different from other Muslims?"

The teachings of Noble Drew Ali are unique.........

Both Faud and Elijah Muhammad were once members of his temple.........

However, after this, the Moorish Science Temple began to split into sects or factions, one headed by Noble Drew's chauffeur another by Elijah Muhammed, who abandoned his Moorish Science origins and taught a pseudo-science of race hatred disguised as the "Nation of Islam". Until Elijah's death, many Moors expected him to recant.

I made a thread dropping the first chapter of the Circle 7 Koran, "The Creation & Fall of Man" I will bump it........

-- How in the hell do you figure that "We" are descendants of the North & West African Moors?
    (West Africa is far too diverse culturally to make such a statement in my opinion)

How not????

I think you have to look a context here......

There has been a debate as to the "blackness" of Northern Africans........

However the earliest histories of this region shows that Ethiopians or blacks were native to the region.......

The region is vast, but most African Americans are descended from West/Central Africa.........

Noble Drew Ali was attempting to give African Americans a nationality / a uniting flag................

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRinDFCkV-hzwTpWP5if_CsR9gNSM2tmam8fUHRM7Ni6nf7P5A4uQ

-- What is the culture of the Moors? (Meaning language, dress etc).

Noble Drew Ali and his followers all wore traditional "moor" garments/robes & a Fez hat.....

I think they would say that they were cut off from their original language and customs...........

I got a lot of stuff on this(mostly his teachings), feel free to ask more questions........

Noble_Drew_Ali.jpg
  • jono
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

We getting there that's for sure. I'm definitely trying to separate the ethnic group from those guys first.

@Bambu

-- So you telling me Moors ~> NOI ~> NGE?
    Now I knew the Gods & Earths were an offshoot of the NOI but I never heard that the NOI came from the Moorish teachings of Islam. I suppose it makes some since, Fard had to learn from somewhere I suppose.

-- the "blackness" of Northern Africa has been in flux since the Arabs came through and crushed the buildings. Islam and Arabic still have a tight grip on that part of the continent. Egypt, Libya & Morocco are probably a lost cause, as I believe they are mostly Arab. What confuses me is that Moors refer to themselves as "asiatic" meaning "from Asia" as well, and last I checked the Arabs came from Asia. If this was about reconnecting with our African roots, why connect with a mostly Arab culture then?
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    -- So you telling me Moors ~> NOI ~> NGE?
    Now I knew the Gods & Earths were an offshoot of the NOI but I never heard that the NOI came from the Moorish teachings of Islam. I suppose it makes some since, Fard had to learn from somewhere I suppose.

Indeed......

Respect to the NOI.......

However their pseudo-anthropology removes all credibility imo........
    -- the "blackness" of Northern Africa has been in flux since the Arabs came through and crushed the buildings. Islam and Arabic still have a tight grip on that part of the continent. Egypt, Libya & Morocco are probably a lost cause, as I believe they are mostly Arab. What confuses me is that Moors refer to themselves as "asiatic" meaning "from Asia" as well, and last I checked the Arabs came from Asia. If this was about reconnecting with our African roots, why connect with a mostly Arab culture then?

I think this is context again.....

At the turn of the century Egypt was viewed as a a part of the "Middle East" or more accurately Western Asia.........

Noble Drew Ali studied there..........

Therefore "asiatic" more accurately of Egyptian origin........

Distinct from Arabic or "oriental" the term for Asia during Drew's age.........

His teachings are Hermetic or Tehuti in nature..........

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Moors are descent from THE KINGDOM OF JUDAH bloodline is from King David, they were converts to Islam how they got to west africa, some been there when King David sent ships to the west coast of africa to find new resources and set up colonies of his kingdom and stayed their for centuries and others ran into west africa to escape from the greeks, romans, christians and arabs....

The true ishamalites are a black nation and people...

what makes them different from the other muslims is that they are from shem and have more in common with the orginial ishmalites then the arabs who are mixed with ottman
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A video on youtube called BLACK STATUS VS MOORISH AMERICAN NATIONALITY & ISSUE OF REPARATIONS. For some reason I'm not allowed to post videos here. IMO converting to being a Moor through the MOORISH SCIENCE TEMPLE ( the only one the UN recognize ) is the best obtion for Black Men because they are recognized by the United Nations.
  • indyman87
    Options
    I should have added that this video can answer some of your questions. Moors is a powerful organization but there are some bad people in there (from my personal observations) just like any other church or organization. And they still like to stay pretty much on the low low. Be careful.
  • indyman87
    Options
    Another really really good youtube video I would recommend is Black's Law.
  • indyman87
    Options
    One last post. Sorry. Not trying to spam. Youtube video Icu Presents: chief:Nanya:EL African Americans Have Been put Into Slavery Jan 18, 2011.wmv This video has poor audio quality- turn up volume. Guest speaker says that in 2011 The U.S. Supreme court uphold a law that allowed the federal courts to void the very constitution that they uphold. This means that if you in federal court for irs money problems that can freeze and take away all the money in your bank accounts. Also towards the end he opposes that Moors a little bit and said that you also need to find out if your family has any Native American Indian ancestry.
  • jono
    Options
    Okay that's an interesting point though...not all Blacks here are descendants of the same area of Africa. Some are West Indian, African, Jamaican etc, how can they then become Moors under Moorish Science Temple?

If I wanted to claim to be a Native American I would have to prove my heritage, my understanding is that Moors don't have to, and also...of all the African cultures and religions how do you just isolate one people from one place in time to represent? That just doesn't seem right to me.
  • indyman87
    Options
    Well if your family/ancestors came during slavery it's more than likely that most if not all 'married' or had babies with the Moors. I can't verify what the Moors say is true because I haven't personally investigated fully myself. But the whole basis of the arguement is that no one is Black. Black is not a nationality. There is not and has never been a country called Black. For example-the people in Nigeria do not refer to themselves as black. They go by tribal names.
  • indyman87
    Options
    According to Black Roots Science Native Americans are bi-racial. 'Black' and Mongolian (that came through the Bearing straight). Reading some of the Moors texts and looking at videos I would guess that Native Americans are a mixed of Moors (Blacks) and Mongolians. Somewhere along the lines some of the Moors decided to cash in and make money so they sold out the darker complexion Native Americans into slavery and branded them Black. And since the Moors have been known to sail the seas it was them that captured the Africans (maybe Hebrews) on the African continent and sold them into slavery. This is my personal opinion of what happened.
  • janklow
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    But the whole basis of the arguement is that no one is Black. Black is not a nationality. There is not and has never been a country called Black.
    yeah, but there also hasn't been a country called "white" either, so it's entirely possible race and nationality can be identified separately
  • indyman87
    Options
    Well in the youtube video the speaker did mention that there was no 'white' either. I chose to omitt that so my post wouldn't be too long. If I write long posts it will not show up in the threads.

It's a white man's world everybody worships them. This is why I'm still aprehensive about the Moors. I read an excerpt from a THEM book on Amazon.com that said that the temple was completely destroyed after Noble Ali's death. Add that to the fact that they exiled Marcus Garvey two years earlier and then you really have to question if the Moors are legit even with all the evidence they present.
  • janklow
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    If I write long posts it will not show up in the threads.
    ...what the hell does this even mean

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you proclaim your nationality, you are 'sovereign'.

Moorish is a nationality.
    The Moors Sundry Act of 1790 was passed by South Carolina legislature, granting special status to the subjects of Sultan of Morocco, Mohammed ben Abdallah. It recognized Moors as white people with Jury duty as a privilege. Moors were not to be subjected to laws governing blacks and slaves.

Therefore, Moors are sovereign. Same with any other nationality (Irish, German, Saudi Arabian, etc.). There are "? Moors" that trick people into buying nationality packages and ? , as well as agents of COINTELPRO that go into temples and create chaos (like they did with the Black Panthers). Truth is nationality is FREE...! And the Prophet Noble Drew Ali established the Moorish Science Temple of America for Blacks cut off from their ancestors can reclaim their identity.

That's why you have (oh no, dare I say it) do your own research. Know thy self.
  • jono
    Options
    Ziryab wrote: »

The Moors Sundry Act of 1790 was passed by South Carolina legislature, granting special status to the subjects of Sultan of Morocco, Mohammed ben Abdallah. It recognized Moors as white people with Jury duty as a privilege. Moors were not to be subjected to laws governing blacks and slaves.

Therefore, Moors are sovereign. Same with any other nationality (Irish, German, Saudi Arabian, etc.). There are "? Moors" that trick people into buying nationality packages and ? , as well as agents of COINTELPRO that go into temples and create chaos (like they did with the Black Panthers). Truth is nationality is FREE...! And the Prophet Noble Drew Ali established the Moorish Science Temple of America for Blacks cut off from their ancestors can reclaim their identity.

Saudi Arabia is a nation, Italy is a nation. Where is the nation of moors?
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    America is west almorrocan empire and the US corporation (the United States Republic was dissolved after 9(?) presidents) is actually a government operatingIin de facto, I.e. unlawful jurisdiction

Prophet Noble Drew Ali incorporated Moorish Science Temple of America under the name Moorish Temple of Science in nov29 1926, drawing authority from the Great Koran of Mohammed. Through this venue one can lawfully proclaim their nationality and be freed under Islamic law as Moslems
  • Black Boy King
    Options

Where is the nation of the AfricanAmericans/Blacks?
  • jono
    Options

So basically there isn't one?
  • Black Boy King
    Options

So basically there isn't one?

??? Our land is being occupied by a government de facto. If you are in the US, you are actually standing on alMorroco

The US as we know it today is the corporation, not the land. This isnt their land, you already knoe that. They are Europeans
  • Black Boy King
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This link to the Treaty should be enlightening.

Treaty with Morocco June 28 and July 15, 1786
    http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/bar1786t.asp

• Black Boy King
    Options
    http://rvbeypublications.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/sultan1.pub.pdf
    From Documents of American History
    Letter from George Washington to
    Muhammed Ibn Abdullah—Sultan of Morocco

City of New York December 1, 1789

Great and Magnanimous Friend,

Since the date of the letter which the late Congress, by their President, addressed to your Imperial Majesty, The United States of America have thought proper to change their government and institute a new one, agreeable to the Constitution, of which I have the honor, herewith, to enclose a copy. The time necessarily employed in the arduous task, and the disarrangements occasioned by so great though peaceable a revolution, will apologize, and account for your Majesty’s not having received those regularly advised marks of attention from the United States which the friendship and magnanimity of your conduct toward them afforded reason to expect.

The United States, having unanimously appointed me to supreme executive authority in this Nation. Your Majesty’s letter of August 17, 1788, which by reason of the dissolution of the late-government, remained unanswered, has been delivered to me. I have also received the letters which Your Imperial Majesty has been so kind as to write, in favor of the United States, to the Bashaws of Tunis and Tripoli, and I present to you the sincere acknowledgements and thanks of the United States for this important mark of your friendship for them.

We greatly regret the hostile disposition of those regencies toward this nation, who have never injured them, is not to be removed, on terms of our power to comply with. Within our territories there are no mines, wither of gold or silver, and this young nation just recovering from the waste and dissolution of a long war, have not, as yet, had time to acquire riches by agriculture and commerce. But our soil is bountiful, and our people industrious, and we have reason to flatter ourselves that we shall gradually become useful to our friends.

The encouragement which Your Majesty has been pleased, generously, to give to our commerce with your dominions, the punctuality with which you have caused the Treaty with us to be observed, and the just and generous measures taken in the case of Captain Proctor, make a deep impression on the United States and confirm their respect for and attachment to Your Imperial Majesty.

It gives me great pleasure to have the opportunity of assuring Your Majesty that, while I remain at the head of this nation, I shall not cease to promote every measure that may conduce to the friendship and harmony which so happily subsist between your Empire and them, and shall esteem myself happy in every occasion of convincing Your Majesty of the high sense (which in common with the whole nation) I entertain the magnanimity, wisdom and benevolence of Your Majesty.

May the Almighty bless Your Imperial Majesty, our Great and Magnanimous friend, with His constant guidance and protection.

—George Washington