Who is the most NFL ready College Football Coach...

soulbrother
soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
Out of all the current group of College Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, & Coordinators

Who is most ready to take over an NFL team?

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saben been in the league even before the Dolphins.

He's actually a NFL coach in the league.

So we can X him of the list.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Saban is average at best in the NFL though. He needs to be able to cherry pick his talent (from the best bunch). Can't do that in the NFL unless you actively pursue free agents and have numerous top draft picks (which means you suck and about to be fired.)

Good defensive mind tho.

I understand why the last couple of college coaches given NFL HC jobs have come from mid-tier schools (Buffalo, Tampa Bay.) I'm not impressed by a coach winning games in college when he consistently has the most talent in his conference year after year.

I always thought Bill Snyder (K-state) would be a good NFL coach. He's produced so much NFL talent and such a deep coaching tree for a program that's never been considered a "powerhouse".

But he's like 97 years old now so that ain't happening.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In about 5-10 years I would say Charlie Strong but now I would say Kirk Ferentz.

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fitzgerald at Northwestern would do a good job too imo
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought Bill Snyder (K-state) would be a good NFL coach. He's produced so much NFL talent and such a deep coaching tree for a program that's never been considered a "powerhouse".

But he's like 97 years old now so that ain't happening.

Beat me to it. He don't got any NCAA diamonds so he really gets overlooked as the great coach that he is. It aint like he gets the top recruits to come there to play,but yet he still gets results.
  • greenwood1921
    Mike Leach would make a good Offensive coordinator. Too trill to be a coach. He'll be the first NFL coach to get Carleisimo-choked. No spreewell. lol
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Urban Meyer. He not goin nowhere though. Got one of the best jobs in the world....

Theeee Ohio State University
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a lil pre-mature...but....Kevin Sumlin reminding me of Mike Tomlin....cool and in control on the sideline...overachieving with the talent he has...I could see him taking over the saints is they decide to get rid of Payton within the next 5 years...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    ? is really a tossup. You think a coach should be good on the next level but they dont pan out (Saban, Carroll pre Seahawk days, Cameron). Cant think of someone not named off top.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i want to chris petersen from boise state..doesn't get blue chip recruits; but coaches his team up and they can compete with the big boys when given a chance..seems like a good game planner
  • greenwood1921
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    David Shaw

This. NFL Experience plus he actually did a better job @ Stanford than Harbaugh and they didn't miss a beat without him. He better get a NFL gig quick tho, cause if he loses two consecutive games he'll be on the hot seat.

If they have a losing season he'll be working at Fatburger.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Shaw

This. NFL Experience plus he actually did a better job @ Stanford than Harbaugh and they didn't miss a beat without him. He better get a NFL gig quick tho, cause if he loses two consecutive games he'll be on the hot seat.

Exactly not to mention they lost Luck, some starting o lineman, and Fleener they still were a strong team.
  • greenwood1921
    David Shaw

Exactly not to mention they lost Luck, some starting o lineman, and Fleener they still were a strong team.

Their QB situation was ? last year and they still had a great season. Plus it's always harder to win @ schools that have higher academic standards.

• TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    the hood isnt checkin for college football
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the hood isnt checkin for college football

*No good college teams in my city post*
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lane Kiffin. Get him the ? outta here please.
  • greenwood1921
    Lane Kiffin. Get him the ? outta here please.

Al Davis cosigns the bold from the grave.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkF3W0BT2EK_Xwbb9IBss3mWDh63twsdObwS9EplKJ-OUJHa5X