My "Xbox one" reveal rant(a "real gamers" point of view)

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in IllGaming
1st and foremost I want to point you to something I posted when microsoft & sony announced their new systems.
Some of y'all are getting waaaay to hype over these new systems. Y'all setting your self up for a big disappointment. It's either gonna be the same as wii U or a tad bit more powerful. Gaming technology hasn't reached the true next level yet. LOL at microsoft and sony's promo for the new systems. They need to stop that ? and tell the truth.

The only thing microsoft is gonna revile is all kinds of extra ? . Nothing to do with improving gaming.

In before all the "SHUT UP!! THE NEW SYSTEMS ARE GONNA BE GROUND BREAKING!!!!!! ? !!! I CAN'T WAIT!! ESPECIALLY THE PS4!!!!!!!!! IT'S GONNA CHANGE THE GAME!!!!!!"(shots fired @KINGOFDAARCADE)

Now that I have got the "I told you so" ? out of the way, lets get to the rant of a "real gamer" (such as myself). This ? was strictly for the tech nerds. All the cats that go crazy over new phones and apps and ? etc etc. The tech nerds had huge organisms over all the smoke and mirrors. This thread aint for no tech nerds, but if you a real gamer then ? wit me!!!

YAWN!!!!!! NOT IMPRESSED:

"REVOLUTIONARY GAMING EXPERIENCE":
Revolutionary my ass!!!(refer to my quote up top). This ? is nothing more than a cool moderate upgrade from the current 256 bit gaming systems(wii, ps3, 360). Like I said in another thread awhile back. They should have just made expansion packs/sega cd type upgrades to the currant systems. I think we all would have bought it instead of a whole new system lol. They need to stop selling wolf tickets!!! tell us the ? truth!!!

NOT BEING INNOVATIVE(TAKING IDEAS FROM NINTENDO AND MAKING IMPROVEMENTS):
Something else I pointed out in a thread I mad in here awhile back. It's wack as hell that nobody(besides nintendo) wants to just come up with some ? and see how gamers receive it anymore. Nintendo is like the test subject for sony and microsoft. LOL at them shipping the motion sensor bar aka "connect" with their system now. Oooooh smart glass, already seen it and we have the wii U controller already.

EXTRA ? THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AN ACTUAL GAMING EXPERIENCE:
40 minutes on all the gadgets that interact with television/other ? , 20 minutes on gaming. AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!(can't wait to watch t.v and surf the net with my video game system yahoooooo!!)

THE NEXT GEN GRAPHICS AND SHININESS/NO ACTUAL IN GAME FOOTAGE:
Like I said before, the visuals look exactly like the wii U. I thought they were going to go a lil bit further but nope, it's exactly the same. Keep in mind the wii U hasn't dropped any games that truly uses it's full power. LOL at showing us C.G/game intros again(when will this stop?) Just like the wii U, xbox one graphics looking all shiny and ? . Is this what's going to be attached to the slightly improved next gen graphics now? ? I hate that ? lol.

NO MENTION OF SEPARATE SYSTEMS FOR THOSE OF US WHO DON'T WONT ALL THAT EXTRA ? (REAL GAMERS):
I'm pretty sure all that ? that has nothing to do with gaming is going to make it expensive as hell. Also when you just trying to get your game on you will have to shuffle through all this ? (like I'm doing on the 360 now)

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, WE STILL ONLY GOT 2 CONTROLLER SLOTS?(WIRED):
LOL DIDN'T THEY SEE HOW SUCCESSFUL AND HOW MUCH EVERYONE LIKED HAVING 4 PLAYER SLOTS? Didn't they listen when people asked for more slots because we would like to play with our friends while they're at our house? SMH, they soooo focused on online gaming for no good reason. MOST PEOPLE AINT TRYING TO PAY ALL THAT EXTRA MONEY ON THEM EXPENSIVE ASS WIRELESS CONTROLLERS. Most people only have one wireless(usually the 1 that came with the system) or sometimes two. Them damn controllers cost the same as a game SMH.

THE NAME:
720 >>>>>>>>>>>> one

OK, I'M IMPRESSED

RECORD YOUR GAMES AND SEND THEM TO/UPLOAD THEM STRAIGHT FROM THE SYSTEM TO WHATEVER:
We have been waiting on this for a minute now. No more buying extra ? or "setting up" ? just so you can up a vid of your gaming seasons.

SURF THE NET WHILE YOU GAME AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!!
Another thing we been asking for and something they could have easily done with the current systems. BUUUUUUT, wii U did this already lol. But still, bout damn time. Sony is definitely gonna have this too, they have no choice.

Comments

• blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    256 bit? who counts bits anymore?

PLEASE show me a 256 bit gaming console....Them's supercomputing numbers.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Another thing we been asking for and something they could have easily done with the current systems. BUUUUUUT, wii U did this already lol. But still, bout damn time. Sony is definitely gonna have this too, they have no choice.

I'm not really sure why you couldn't have just put this in the other thread, but anyway who has wanted this? Is needing to surf the net while gaming really that important? I mean I can see reasons why you might want to do it, but that's why we have computers and smartphones. I can't remember ever thinking "This is some ? I really need to have on my gaming system." Hell from a pure gamer standpoint which is what you're talking about, who even needs and internet browser on their gaming system?
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options

PLEASE show me a 256 bit gaming console.
    The current ones are 256 bit. Each year they double in power except for this year lol. Glad you're here, I was just about to post your reaction that I warned fanboys like you about
    Man I'm the biggest Xbox fanboy in the world, but What these ? have showed me so far is a kickass cable box.

WACK AND DISSAPOINTING AS ? !
    You see, you should have listened. When real gamers speak, you should listen.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *dead* @ 256 bits.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited May 2013
    Options

I'm not really sure why you couldn't have just put this in the other thread, but anyway who has wanted this? Is needing to surf the net while gaming really that important? I mean I can see reasons why you might want to do it, but that's why we have computers and smartphones. I can't remember ever thinking "This is some ? I really need to have on my gaming system." Hell from a pure gamer standpoint which is what you're talking about, who even needs and internet browser on their gaming system?
    This is very important. It saves you the time of turning some other ? on just so you could look up something about the game real quick. I used to get tired of looking up codes and ? and forget certain things, fire up the game and remember I forgot. Go back and fire the computer back up etc etc. It just makes your gaming more convenient.

• blackkevblazini
    Options

The current ones are 256 bit. Each year they double in power except for this year lol. Glad you're here, I was just about to post your reaction that I warned fanboys like you about
    Man I'm the biggest Xbox fanboy in the world, but What these ? have showed me so far is a kickass cable box.

That's some ? you made up.
    256 bits lol. They don't even make 256 bit processors. 256 bit is ? Beowulf Cluster computing power lol.

• PILL_COSBY
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    *dead* @ 256 bits.

256 bits lol. They don't even make 256 bit processors. 256 bit is ? Beowulf Cluster computing power lol.

SMH, you cats stay telling on yourselves.

atari = 4 bit

nintendo = 8 bit

genesis/super nintendo = 16 bit

playstation 1/sega saturn = 32 bit

nintendo 64/atari jaguar = 64 bit

sega dreamcast/ps2/x box/gamecube = 128 bit

Ps3/360/wii = 256

get it?

• blackkevblazini
    Options
    *dead* @ 256 bits.

atari = 4 bit

nintendo = 8 bit

Ps3/360/wii = 256

get it?

I'm bout to end this mans whole career.

atari = 4 bit -WRONG: The MOS 6507 is a 8 bit processor.

nintendo = 8 bit -right

genesis/super nintendo = 16 bit -right

playstation 1/sega saturn = 32 bit -right

nintendo 64/atari jaguar = 64 bit -N64 right. Jaguar is depending on who you ask...uses a 16 bit CPU and 2 32 bit GPUs tho.

sega dreamcast/ps2/x box/gamecube = 128 bit -Wrong. The DC's CPU is 32 bits. the PS2's "Emotion Engine" is 64 bits, The Xbox uses a 733mhz 32 bit Celeron and the GC's Processor is the same wack 32 bit Power PC they was putting in macs back in 1998.
    Ps3/360/wii = 256 You can't really put "Bits" on the PS3 and 360 cause the CPU's are multi core. BUT The Wii is running the EXACT same processor as the Gamecube, clocked up from 485 mhz to 729 mhz.

So who telling on themselves right now?
    Like I said, you made that ? up.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the xbox one looks like a big ass ps3/VCR
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    lol... poor KoA... I banned him yesterday for spamming the kaleidoscope dream leg drop...

I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW he was waiting for today too...

Nelson1.jpg
    That ? been a troll though. He's the gee757 & bcotton of the arcade section. Speaking of the ultimate sony fanboy

Oh, and you playstation fanboys out there
    You guys should be worried right about now. microsoft always has a tad bit more power with the systems. Looks just like the wii U lol. So you know sony aint gone be any better.

fanboy or not though, us gamers lost.

• PILL_COSBY
    Options
    *dead* @ 256 bits.

atari = 4 bit

nintendo = 8 bit

Ps3/360/wii = 256

get it?

nintendo = 8 bit -right

nintendo 64/atari jaguar = 64 bit -N64 right. Jaguar is depending on who you ask...uses a 16 bit CPU and 2 32 bit GPUs tho.

sega dreamcast/ps2/x box/gamecube = 128 bit -Wrong. The DC's CPU is 32 bits. the PS2's "Emotion Engine" is 64 bits, The Xbox uses a 733mhz 32 bit Celeron and the GC's Processor is the same wack 32 bit Power PC they was putting in macs back in 1998.
    Ps3/360/wii = 256 You can't really put "Bits" on the PS3 and 360 cause the CPU's are multi core. BUT The Wii is running the EXACT same processor as the Gamecube, clocked up from 485 mhz to 729 mhz.

OH, snap!!! you ended me!!

Ok now that you ended me, lets talk about all the things that they left out about actually enhancing gaming. Sony looks like they're gong the same rout, what you think?

Is it just me or did you(or anybody else) feel that all the time they spent on making a "super cable box" should have been focused on gaming?
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? u bumped ya ? head.. 4 controller slots? u mean for WIRED controllers?? u can play with 4 ppl locally now
  • blackkevblazini
    Options
    *dead* @ 256 bits.

atari = 4 bit

nintendo = 8 bit

Ps3/360/wii = 256

get it?

nintendo = 8 bit -right

Ok now that you ended me, lets talk about all the things that they left out about actually enhancing gaming. Sony looks like they're gong the same rout, what you think?

Is it just me or did you(or anybody else) feel that all the time they spent on making a "super cable box" should have been focused on gaming?

I agree with you fully on that. It's a complete fail, and they ain't got my money this gen.

The used games policy got me.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *dead* @ 256 bits.

atari = 4 bit

nintendo = 8 bit

Ps3/360/wii = 256

get it?

nintendo = 8 bit -right

LOL tell em'

Ha ha @ this dude thinking he's schooling anybody. If he's younger than 21 he was not even sperm cells when I first started playing video games (on an NES, ATARI 7800 & Commodore 64). Furthermore the 256 dual 128's on the PS3 and 360 represent bus speed. Technically the PS3 and 360 fall in the 64/32 bit categories since those are the Power PC CPU's they run on. Video game systems haven't been marketed in "bits" for years now. Get with the times that ? is no longer relevant.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    *dead* @ 256 bits.

atari = 4 bit

nintendo = 8 bit

Ps3/360/wii = 256

get it?

nintendo = 8 bit -right

I agree with you fully on that. It's a complete fail, and they ain't got my money this gen.

The used games policy got me.
    LOL they seriously getting further and further away from gaming. This is a similar problem with 360 and ps3. The whole thing with D.L.C and gamer tags info on systems etc etc. ? was ? and made no sense. The whole "lock" ? limited the flexibility it could have had, ? was W.O.A.T. They not really caring about what we want/think anymore. It's always been about money but now they just mainly focusing on that. They could have made a system without all that nonsense and still cleaned up.

LOL look at this playstation fanboy's response. He's gonna cry when "sony"(we all know what sony is known for) showcase their "ultra cable box".
    Hey xbox can you play games?

Like I said awhile back, us core gamers lost. They still aint done releasing major games for this gen. Assassins creed 4, GTA 5, another wack ass C.O.D, That defiance game, annd some other ? I missed. this is why nobody is really hyped and this is why the wii U didn't sale like crazy. Same things gonna happen to xbox one and the ps4. They too will have no games at launch worth buying.

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seen the trailer for call of duty ghost wasn't that impressed with the graphics
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    I seen the trailer for call of duty ghost wasn't that impressed with the graphics
    lol what were you expecting when we have basically peaked in tech for the time being? I wonder how much that game is gonna cost compared to the $59.99($64.00 with tax) priced 360 games SMH. Noticed how microsoft and sony get shook every time the price question comes up? SMH!! Like somebody said on here awhile back, It's gonna be a minute before I buy the next gen systems. ? still aint tired of the ones we have now.

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is very important. It saves you the time of turning some other ? on just so you could look up something about the game real quick. I used to get tired of looking up codes and ? and forget certain things, fire up the game and remember I forgot. Go back and fire the computer back up etc etc. It just makes your gaming more convenient.

Don't you have laptop/tablet/smartphone? Hell, even a Blackberry?
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Which would you prefer?

When you playing a game just simply pause it and go online right then and there. Look at what you want right on the side and then start back to playing?

or

Take out one of those devices, fire up the net nd get what you want. Then turn that off, put it away and go back to gaming?

Also, how let down were you on all the wolf tickets they were selling? Do you feel like we have been "taken to the next level"?
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    ? u bumped ya ? head.. 4 controller slots? u mean for WIRED controllers?? u can play with 4 ppl locally now

Was gonna say same thing like wtf u talking about? 360 support 4 players wirelessly, ps3 support 7 players wirelessly and c'mon son @ 256 bits. They stop counting bits a long time ago.

Lol @ wiiu hasn't dropped a game that use its full power, wiiu weaker than a ps3 son, smh

And to top this off, u started off post that u was a real gamer and u ain't even got ur facts str8

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

Which would you prefer?

When you playing a game just simply pause it and go online right then and there. Look at what you want right on the side and then start back to playing?

or

Take out one of those devices, fire up the net nd get what you want. Then turn that off, put it away and go back to gaming?

Also, how let down were you on all the wolf tickets they were selling? Do you feel like we have been "taken to the next level"?

No need to fire up the net everytime ..... its always on. I prefer to pause the game and follow what I'm reading on line while the game is on. Like walkthru's while playing RPG's.

And no, I'm not disappointed. Here's an old convo:
    Some of y'all are getting waaaay to hype over these new systems. Y'all setting your self up for a big disappointment. It's either gonna be the same as wii U or a tad bit more powerful. Gaming technology hasn't reached the true next level yet. LOL at microsoft and sony's promo for the new systems. They need to stop that ? and tell the truth.

The only thing microsoft is gonna revile is all kinds of extra ? . Nothing to do with improving gaming.

In before all the "SHUT UP!! THE NEW SYSTEMS ARE GONNA BE GROUND BREAKING!!!!!! ? !!! I CAN'T WAIT!! ESPECIALLY THE PS4!!!!!!!!! IT'S GONNA CHANGE THE GAME!!!!!!"(shots fired @KINGOFDAARCADE)

While I don't expect to see an improvement in visuals (lets face it, our TV's max at 1080p and the current gen consoles already give that), we do expect to see other improvements like higher frame rate stability and better hardware, which would allow devs (who aren't lazy) to produce better games.
    But I already said we are not going to get better visuals with the next gen ............ although we should see Crysis/Uncharted/Killzone/? of War level graphics in large open world sandbox games and games with the full environment destruction like BF3 on PC run on consoles at higher steady frame rates without problems. COD runs at 60 fps but sacrifice background destruction to compensate for that. This shouldn't be the case next gen. Unless as I said, devs stay lazy.

Which is what I said, we should see improvements on games like COD.

This convo was with you
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you're say the PS4 and Xbox One is only a tad bit more powerful than the Wii U?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't really judge either console on a few videos of launch games.

I've read stuff from people who have played watch dogs on both ps3 and 4. They say the PS4 is way more detailed and impressive.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The Kinect 2 has teh potential to offer hard core gamers real incentive. It is really very sensitive and far more capable. I actually use the Kinect 360 on a PC and it works great with FPS games. I currently use it combined with a Wii for aiming and Move Navigator for movement. The Kinect is used for gestures like Enter, Crouching, and grabbing things. I'm hoping that it is compatible with the PC because it would be great to use with the upcoming Oculus Rift.