Sergio Garcia Makes Fried Chicken Remark about Tiger Woods

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
http://wwThe feud between Sergio Garcia and Tiger Woods finally had its first apology on Tuesday evening. Unfortunately, the war of words between the rival golfers had to get particularly ugly before it was made.

While attending the European Tour's Players’ Awards dinner in London on Tuesday evening, Garcia turned to a racial stereotype about African-Americans while apparently attempting to make a joke about his contentious relationship with Woods. As first reported by The Guardian, Garcia made the offensive remark when jokingly asked by the event's emcee, Steve Sands of The Golf Channel, if he would be inviting Woods over for dinner during the upcoming U.S. Open.

"We will have him round every night," García responded, according to The Guardian. "We will serve fried chicken."

Garcia then apologized:

“I apologize for any offense that may have been caused by my comment on stage during the European Tour Players’ Awards dinner. I answered a question that was clearly made towards me as a joke with a silly remark, but in no way was the comment meant in a racist manner.”

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that stereotype been around a lot longer than the popeye's lady but she does play into the stereotype tho...And Tiger should just come back and say Garcia is riding his bike over to his house for some corona's and taco's
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    that stereotype been around a lot longer than the popeye's lady but she does play into the stereotype tho...And Tiger should just come back and say Garcia is riding his bike over to his house for some corona's and taco's

Yeah...tell him, "aye, Im ready to eat when hes done mowing the us open grass"
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmdXJaN08Og

Brotha Harvey did a video on it how he described this issue, it was good

anyone listen to Harvey superboy/Mrsuperboy222
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tiger should just tell sergio to stop taking siesta's when the tourney is on the line
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    i thought sergio say ? allot worse than this the way mike and mike were leading up to the story this morning.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PTI should be interesting today
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? dont eat chicken anyways, ? probably like bologna sandwiches and pizzas

hold up a ? grew up eating fired bologna sandwiches
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I hope this pig loses all his sponsorships...
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's from Spain...I don't think those latino stereotypes yall are throwing out work the same way with Spanish people.

Then tell him even tho he from Europe he still a grass mowing Pendejo and if you keep ? around, ima kick your taco cart over ? !
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe Tiger said it was hurtful. What a ? . Sergio is a lil ? tho.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    that ? dont eat chicken anyways, ? probably like bologna sandwiches and pizzas

lol wo wo wo son chill with the pizza. Bologna sandwhiches are bland and boring. Pizza is not bland and boring son i ? with pizza. Dominoes 3 topping for 7.99 is goat. Plus that $10 meal box or the $20 meal box from pizza hut is also goat.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's from Spain...I don't think those latino stereotypes yall are throwing out work the same way with Spanish people.

Yeah real spaniards ain't nothin by Spanish speaking whites. I don't even think they eat tacos like that.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options

Yeah real spaniards ain't nothin by Spanish speaking whites. I don't even think they eat tacos like that.

Lol if anything, he'd be more insulted if you called him a Mexican than saying he cuts grass or eats tacos. Spanish people look down upon latinos, saying we butchered their language and culture.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Yup and them people from spain did the same ? other europeans did in north america and other parts of the world. They abused religion to justufy mass killings and took land from the original peoples of south and central america.

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fuzzy Zoeller made a comment like that years ago telling Tiger if he won the masters, not to serve fried chicken at the dinner next year (the winner selects the meal at the following years tournament) well tiger won it. And at the dinner, he served fried chicken
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    "goodbye fried rice hello fried chicken"

lol that was the first thing i thought about lmao chapelle is goat

• yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Considering the fact that Tiger never totally identified himself as a black person....its clear he is using this opportunity to be a victim for once when u also consider all the backlash he received for cheating on his wife.....with that said, I don't blame Tiger for riding the wave