Urlacher retiring after 13 seasons HOF or FOH?

Options
2»

Comments

• fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF
    Yeah, definite HOF'er.

His career mysteriously fell off right around the time Tommie Harris and that D-line fell off tho... Just sayin...

I think he was more a finesse LB so needed big boys up front to keep blockers off. Don't think he was that tough of a player.

That said he was a beast in his prime. Only ? i ever saw tackle Vick in the open field, and back when Vick was the fastest player in the league. And I remember the Bears using him to cover Reggie Bush when he was on the Saints.

Based on freak athleticism (in his prime) and stats/accomplishments, he's a HOFer. But not a leader/winner like Ray Lewis.
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF
    Ray Lewis & Brian Urlacher, the two best MLB of my generation.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF
    Any ? getting unanimous treatment on the IC is a bad muhfucka.

He was great for a long time. He will be missed. Will be in the top 10 lb's conversation for forever.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF
    Definitely will be missed hard to imagine coming into season with no Urlacher. Not many LB can cover the field like Urlacher from sideline to sideline
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF
    even as a packers fan, i gotta say he should be 1st ballot
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF
    Yeah, definite HOF'er.

His career mysteriously fell off right around the time Tommie Harris and that D-line fell off tho... Just sayin...

I think he was more a finesse LB so needed big boys up front to keep blockers off. Don't think he was that tough of a player.

That said he was a beast in his prime. Only ? i ever saw tackle Vick in the open field, and back when Vick was the fastest player in the league. And I remember the Bears using him to cover Reggie Bush when he was on the Saints.

Based on freak athleticism (in his prime) and stats/accomplishments, he's a HOFer. But not a leader/winner like Ray Lewis.

He is a winner.

And how the.? you would know he's not a leader?
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great numbers, but every time I watched him play(about8-9 times a year full games) he rarely impressed me. And he def declined every year after a point...coulda been the injuries, cuz sideline to sideline at one point that boy was on ya....but besides that I didn't see much greatness out of him. Plus he loses MAJOR points for getting juked out of his cleets by Tom Brady back in like 01-02. ? was disgusting. 1st ballot based off numbers and longevity, but easily bumped for others in his hof class
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF
    foh. that hunkie was ? . like somebody else said he got to probowls on his name alone. he didnt do ? . he might get in on his final time

There you go callin grown men hunkies again...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF
    I say HOFer but still not quite the slam dunk people might make it out to be. He had some garbage years he got by on name alone.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF
    In without a doubt.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If McNabb doesn't make it... He doesn't make it.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF
    Would be a Super Bowl champ too if not for Grossman.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should get in.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not even going to vote bc this is a terrible thread... It's an obvious answer...