Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox - Debut Trailer

Options
1235»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    ? was tight. Marvel go the live action movies on lock, but DC got the animated joints sewn up. The only thing weird about it is that the end of it kinda ruined the moral of the story. Flash was supposed to learn that sometimes he just has to let things be right? Well, that would have stuck a lot better if he hadn't basically come out of the whole thing with a lifetime of memories with his mother and no negative drawbacks to show for it. In other words, he essentially accomplished what he wanted to do when he took the action we're supposed to believe was a bad move.

On a side note, the people saying this was the most violent/goriest animated movie they've ever seen must not watch any anime at all.

Of course anime is worse in violence. But in terms of being based on American comic book characters, nothing is worse than that movie. How can a pg-13 film have kids getting killed and people's limbs and heads getting cut off? With blood in it and all?

I see what you're saying, but I'd still say cartoons like Spawn and Aeon Flux were worse.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loved how much of the actual story they fit in. Skinny superman, grifter, hal jordan, they fit in A LOT. even little touches like barry's suit becoming the new 52 suit at the end.

I would've liked to see a mini cartoon of the Thomas Wayne miniseries though. in the comics, that's where you find out that Martha is the joker, as well as who's who in the rest of Batman's world.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ? was tight. Marvel go the live action movies on lock, but DC got the animated joints sewn up. The only thing weird about it is that the end of it kinda ruined the moral of the story. Flash was supposed to learn that sometimes he just has to let things be right? Well, that would have stuck a lot better if he hadn't basically come out of the whole thing with a lifetime of memories with his mother and no negative drawbacks to show for it. In other words, he essentially accomplished what he wanted to do when he took the action we're supposed to believe was a bad move.

On a side note, the people saying this was the most violent/goriest animated movie they've ever seen must not watch any anime at all.

Of course anime is worse in violence. But in terms of being based on American comic book characters, nothing is worse than that movie. How can a pg-13 film have kids getting killed and people's limbs and heads getting cut off? With blood in it and all?

I see what you're saying, but I'd still say cartoons like Spawn and Aeon Flux were worse.
    Aeon Flux had me all ? up when I was like 10 cause there was a ? scene in one episode
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    I would've liked to see a mini cartoon of the Thomas Wayne miniseries though. in the comics, that's where you find out that Martha is the joker, as well as who's who in the rest of Batman's world.

That would've been dope. They could do one before the Flash comes in and fixes everything, or find a way for Tommy Wayne to survive at the end of this.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Aeon Flux had me all ? up when I was like 10 cause there was a ? scene in one episode

I still to this day don't understand that show. The chick died in every episode.

I saw that there is an Aeon Flux movie on Netflix. I can't bring myself to watch it though because I can't conceive of a way that it might actually be good.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thomas Wayne about that life. ? was crazy when he put that hole through Zoom's head
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ripping the mp4 movie video with the FVD extension on my Chrome browser, then a matter of finding the right subtitles (easy does it). Then will check it out myself. Aquaman gif goin HOH got me cracking up tho.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was worth the wait the last month or so...just finished it. Crazy.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aquaman must've been bench pressing whales or some ? .
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I still to this day don't understand that show. The chick died in every episode.
    [img][/img]MV5BMjE3MTc1NzM5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDYyNzE3._V1._SX600_SY395_.jpg
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DC is killing the animated game. That new Justice League War joint coming out next year based on the New 52 should be all types of dope
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Funny how DC are killin it with the animated films, but Marvel is killin it with the live action films (at least for now).
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Marvel should just take cues from DC. They have more than enough big stories and events they could turn into movies. Think about Secret Wars, Age of Apocalypse, or the Infinity Gauntlet Saga turned into animated movies. ? would be GOAT.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never forget tho..... Wonder Woman stabbed the ? outta billy batson

Bruh. Wonder Woman killed a kid
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH all that ? popped off because Aquaman couldn't keep it in his pants...oh and Flash changing the past

tumblr_mq5f2m2BiW1rqsmuro4_500.jpg
    tumblr_mqf5z9jaTq1rwu8gjo2_500.gif
    tumblr_mq5y5mxdHt1r53w4lo1_500.gif

Shouts to Young Justice
    tumblr_mq1gsaioMB1rbyttso1_400.gif
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? is dope and WW is that ? !!
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is basically how they could/should introduce Wonder Woman and Aquaman in the live action films leading up to Justice League.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, the only way this movie could've been better is if when they showed skinny Superman with coke running down his nose. ? woulda been hilarious
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like how they kept the character designs from young justice with aqua mans click (kaldur, tula, ocean master and manta)
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People saying WW couldn't beat marvel

Marvel has the strength of Hercules a demi ? and wonder woman is a demi ? so there about equal strength....
    But queen of the amazons fighting skills>>>>little billy baston
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just watched this today. I was real surprised to see Grifter in this. Since owns Wildstorm, how long until we get an Authority or StormWatch animated movie?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    People saying WW couldn't beat marvel

Marvel has the strength of Hercules a demi ? and wonder woman is a demi ? so there about equal strength....
    But queen of the amazons fighting skills>>>>little billy baston

aint marvel equal to superman?
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished checking it out. This was a dope ass movie.