• Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much good weed in LA for Beasley
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Too much good weed in LA for Beasley

Yup... I'm smoking as I post this, I got a weed identification to cop card.... If he comes he should be tested weekly, and I mean weekly
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited July 2014
    Cali lifestyle dumbfuq.... U know none about this life, everybody and they mama smoke... Where r u even from anyway
  • Jonah 2.0
    Beasley's high @ss would probably really go out and get a card too.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cali lifestyle dumbfuq.... U know none about this life, everybody and they mama smoke... Where r u even from anyway

lol I was about to say I hope he aint trying throw dirt on trees.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    If we want Beasley tho we might have to do it SAP... I can see him getting a better deal with Houston... They salty as ? they got left with ? ... Howard will never see a ring
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beasley just needs a decent enough half season to have trade value
  • Jonah 2.0
    Parallel wrote: »

Doesn't the leader set the standards on every team?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All it really means is put on your hard hat and play your weight PR cut it out
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how come things like that are never said about a player like LeBron then?

B/c Lebron don't keep it real with his teammates and doesn't care to push them to next lvl mentally like Kobe,MJ... As long as he gets his stats he's good, winning is extra to him it's not all that matters
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    zerocool wrote: »
    Lakers have a realistic chance at the last 3 spots of the playoffs.

Are you serious? Lakers have no chance......I see the same teams entering playoffs..... in no order......spurs....thunder...clips...rockets....blazers will make it.... thats 5

Dallas....memphis and warriors..... round out the list........if warriors get too many injuries.......I can see them missing playoffs

dont forget to make the western playoffs....you have to win 48 games minimum. ......LAKERS ARE NOT WINNING 48 GAMES NEXT SEASON......

Miss me with that 'have to win 48 games' comment, no you don't. All you have to do is win enough to get a slot.

The way I see it:

Tier 1: OKC, Spurs, Clippers

Tier 2: Blazers, Rockets

Tier 3: Mavs, Lakers, GS, Memphis, NO

At the end of the day, our results are based on the level of coaching that will be applied. We're not a talent heavy team, so we have to make the pieces fit. What sets are we going to run, is the coach going to hold everyone accountable on defense, will he manage Kobe's minutes efficiently, will he avoid running his players into the ground like Thib, D'Antoni and those guys etc.

If Byron performs a solid coaching job, we'll make the playoffs.
  • blu197
    blu197 wrote: »
    So how come things like that are never said about a player like LeBron then?

B/c Lebron don't keep it real with his teammates and doesn't care to push them to next lvl mentally like Kobe, MJ... As long as he gets his stats he's good, winning is extra to him it's not all that matters

Yet he has people taking less money and pushing off retirement just to play with him and has been to the finals 4 times in a row now. That's what is need in today's game. That individual killer mentality ? only gets a franchise so far.

Ppl that are taking less money are washed vet role players who never really play in the game anyway... Getting a check and riding the bench with hope at a ring>>>>>>retiring
  • Jonah 2.0
    So you think people were unaware of who/how Kobe is before Mitch made that statement?
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Byron Scott's teams defensive rankings over the years

00-01 Nets - 23rd
    01-02 Nets - 1st
    02-03 Nets - 1st
    03-04 Nets - 4th
    04-05 Hornets - 22nd
    05-06 Hornets - 19th
    06-07 Hornets - 14th
    07-08 Hornets - 7th
    08-09 Hornets - 9th
    09-10 Hornets - 21st
    10-11 Cavs - 29th
    11-12 Cavs - 26th
    12-13 Cavs - 27th
    Average: 16th

13-14 Lakers - 28th

At least we can be optimistic that we can't really be any worse on defense.

I would erase those cavs years and first year nj to get a more realistic view. Cavs just sucked nothing he coulda done and first year nj was a roster he hasn't developed at all yet

So in that sense the first NJ year would be a more realistic expectation then

Meh, this roster is far better than that garbage pile
  • joeyfkncrakk
    I see playoffs, I really do
  • Jonah 2.0
    Kobe is who Kobe is and the league knows it. There's no altering that until he decides to change or retire. I have no problem w/ the way Kobe is but I'm also not from this soft generation. Magic was the same way. He just did it w/ a smile.

As far as how this speaks of the Lakers situation as a whole, this is really the first public acknowledgement that Kobe has any sort of power when it comes to the squad. They've been publicly marginalizing Kobe for the past year or so. So I don't really get where you're going w/ that statement.
  • blu197
    Dude always has a problem with anything Kobe/Lakers do and always brings up Lebron/whatever team he's on (when it's no relation) to try and boost them up
  • Apoptosis
    Apoptosis Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    blu197 wrote: »
    Dude always has a problem with anything Kobe/Lakers do and always brings up Lebron/whatever team he's on (when it's no relation) to try and boost them up
    Do you have absolutely no problems with Kobe and everything the does? It seems like some of y'all worship at the feet of that ? .
  • Jonah 2.0
    Who is your favorite current Laker?
  • Apoptosis
    Robert Sacre
    sacre4_original_original.gif?1353530558

iNgHNl8LMXYfD.gif

sacrebleu.gif
  • Jonah 2.0
    edited July 2014
    Kobe is who Kobe is and the league knows it. There's no altering that until he decides to change or retire. I have no problem w/ the way Kobe is but I'm also not from this soft generation. Magic was the same way. He just did it w/ a smile.

As far as how this speaks of the Lakers situation as a whole, this is really the first public acknowledgement that Kobe has any sort of power when it comes to the squad. They've been publicly marginalizing Kobe for the past year or so. So I don't really get where you're going w/ that statement.

Kobe has always been extremely outspoken about players and their play which in return speaks about the organization because they reinforce it with comments like the ones that were just made by Mitch. Not everybody wants to hear that ? from a guy that played 6 games last year. If Kobe was still dropping close to 30 a game then it's whatever, present day he needs to alter his role. That killer instinct mentality didn't do ? for the squad last year with him on the bench and neither did all that whining and all those "I'm gonna come back, just watch #Vino" promises.

Kobe has always been that way but I'd like to see previous comments from "the organization" reinforcing what he said.

Kobe being arguably(not in my opinion) the greatest Laker ever no longer counts? Idc if he played 6 or 82 games last season, you have to respect what he's done and follow his lead if you're on "his" team. Until someone else takes that leadership role, it is what it is.

Robert Sacre

General question to all the actual Lakers fans in this thread. Not a specific one to Parallel.
  • Jonah 2.0
    You cats really like that ? Sacre? I had hopes for him but I've given up on dude. Laker X is my favorite Laker right now.
  • Apoptosis
    Real talk, Kobe is my favorite player, but I can see that his demeanor had an effect on the team gaining quality free agents when we started to regress. His demeanor also led us to the back-to-back championships. But, I'm not trying to put all the blame on Kobe, I'm just saying he was a piece in the puzzle known as the post Jerry-Lakers.
  • jmol
    jmol Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
This discussion has been closed.