Game of Thrones or Spartacus???

evoljeanyes
evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
My dude and I have this argument all the time. This season of Game of Thrones has been weak as hell. I love the show, but I have recently gone back and watched the entire Spartacus series and if you start with the prequel and go all to war of the damned its easy to see that Spartacus is the better written show. Thrones has better costuming (? agron and crixus both trying make us believe slaves had barbers and hair gel back then! Hell no!) Otherwise its all Spartacus.

THOUGHTS???

Comments

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spartacus is an iconic show.. easily one of the best series in recent memory.

Game of Thrones has a ton of potential, but this season has been a bore. Seasons are also too short imo. If they can capture some of the magic of season 1 again, it will up there with Spartacus for sure.
  • evoljeanyes
    major pain wrote: »
    Spartacus is an iconic show.. easily one of the best series in recent memory.

Game of Thrones has a ton of potential, but this season has been a bore. Seasons are also too short imo. If they can capture some of the magic of season 1 again, it will up there with Spartacus for sure.

Yeah this season is a snooze fest for thrones and they give us nothing of characters past thus far!. I can't remember poor EP of Spartacus. Watch Spartacus from prequel to war of the damned. Its fantastic. Even better than you'd assume.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gannicus would murder the kingslayer.
    Spart >>>>>
  • evoljeanyes
    bignorm wrote: »
    gannicus would murder the kingslayer.
    Spart >>>>>

Real ? Gannicus Spartacus Oneameous and Crixus would have all the 7kingdoms copping pleas. They better had got them ? dragons. Bannocks wouldst been ? Daenerys early lol!
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones.
  • evoljeanyes
    t
    Game of Thrones.
    what is it that you like better!?

• evoljeanyes
    Spartacus better than Game of thrones ?, gtfohwtbs ....
    How exactly is this a landslide b, no problem with your disagreement just give some thoughts
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Spartacus is more entertaining, but I'm not sure I can say its better. I love GoT but I have a few major criticisms of the show. Both have invoked strong emotions on in me (N/H) when I've watched but I feel Spartacus did it more often.

When they put Gannicus on the cross, I almost had to ? .

When Spartacus was forced to ? Varo, I almost cried.

When Spartacus killed the shadow of death I was cheering like AD just took an 80 yard run to the house.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game of thrones has incredible dialogue and there's really no single boring part of the show. With other shows i enjoy much like walking dead there were always some character you didn't give a ? about that got heavy screen time. I do think there could a little bit more fighting and killing on screen. Spartacus has great dialogue combined with heavy action and great characters which is rare. It is a tough choice since i like both show, but i would have to go with Spartacus.
  • Will Munny
    As long as someone can articulate well why they like they either show better there isn't really a wrong answer.
  • evoljeanyes

Will Munny wrote: »
    I think Spartacus is more entertaining, but I'm not sure I can say its better. I love GoT but I have a few major criticisms of the show. Both have invoked strong emotions on in me (N/H) when I've watched but I feel Spartacus did it more often.

When they put Gannicus on the cross, I almost had to ? .

When Spartacus was forced to ? Varo, I almost cried.

When Spartacus killed the shadow of death I was cheering like AD just took an 80 yard run to the house.

Spartacus dialog is underrated due to the frequent ? and liquor references.

The lannisters make for great dialog (arya and Tywin season 2 was fantastic)

Forced poignancy and underdeveloped character backgrounds. Jorah is a great character. We know ? of him. Barristan the ? and Jorah know each other how? They so frequently reference characters we will never meet. Anyway. Just my thoughts.

Again I love GOT but Spartacus was just fantastic.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game of thrones is a much more complex and adult show. Spartacus is simple and always seemed geared toward teenagers and those looking for blood and violence
  • evoljeanyes
    zombie wrote: »
    Game of thrones is a much more complex and adult show. Spartacus is simple and always seemed geared toward teenagers and those looking for blood and violence

How is game of thrones more sophisticated or complex! Its convoluted at this point. And storylines are never wrapped. They just bring in new ones.

Spartacus for all of it's violence is about daring to have a clear definition, to stand for something, and also ? trying to be remember how to be free without forcing those that follow to worship. The complexities in Spartacus far surpass those of GOT what complexities have we seen in GOT. Daenerys is still doing the same ? . Jon Snow still doing the same ? . Jamie Lannister is trying to show redeeming qualities. Jeffrey is still a weak ass Villain with no redeeming qualities. Tyson respects Jeffrey who stands for ? and ? on Tyrion as if it was his fault his wife was ? someone else, or he just came out with intent to ? her.

Stannis and his girl have been useless to the story. Rickon has yet to serve purpose. Little finger is just a villain that never receives anything for his conniving (fake ass ashur).
  • evoljeanyes
    everytime i try to watch spartacus in less than two scenes theres either a ? or two guys making out

ill watch when they make a hetero friendly version

If you watched Spartacus and only remember ? ...then that's on you g
  • evoljeanyes
    Character development was important in the story of Spartacus. Every main character had their reasons for fighting and their reasons to never stop. They all had tragedy. Crixus being the only one truly redeemed.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spartacus better than Game of thrones ?, gtfohwtbs ....

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones by a light year. Spartacus is entertaining, but it's not really that great of a show.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gannicus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Will Munny
    Yeah Thrones is better, but its not necessarily that much better of a viewing experience.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited February 2015
    I really couldn't get into spartacus. I saw the first 3 episodes (i think) and it just wasn't grabbing me.

But then again BE and GOT didn't hook me right away either so I'll try it again

there aren't that many shows better than game of thrones and i doubt spartacus is one of em tho..
  • Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones >>>>>>>>>>
  • Will Munny
    Yeah you need to get throught the first parts of Spartacus for it to get good. Once he's established in the ludus things get really good.

And wine over ? with a high-speed camera.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Spartacus was a dope show especially this ? ,

batiatus.jpg

Spartacus is arguably better than Boardwalk Empire in terms of historical fiction. However, at the end of the day, Spartacus simply won't have the body of work that Game of Thrones has. Also, nobody on Spartacus is ? with this ? .

Petyr_baelish_littlefinger_3.jpg

As one poster so eloquently put, that ? Baelish is a "one man Illuminati.

• Will Munny
    Ok so Rex obviously appreciates a good schemer.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't get into Game of Thrones. I don't think I finished the pilot. I never heard of Spartacus. The only high fantasy shows I like are Legend of the Seeker, Xena, Once Upon A Time and Once Upon A Time In Wonderland. I don't think Salem counts but I like that, too.