paul heyman on why vince mcmahon keeps him around wwe

TheBoyRo
TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
NoDQ.com > WWE > Heyman on Why He Thinks Vince Keeps Him Around
Posted by Steve Carrier on 05/26/2013 at 11:24 AM

In the latest issue of the WWE Magazine, Paul Heyman talked about why he believes Vince McMahon has kept him around despite their tumultuous relationship.

"I would suggest that Mr. McMahon is, at the core, a businessman, through and through," Heyman said. "And my assessment of his feelings toward me is simply this: That The Chairman holds me in less contempt than he does others who can't generate the kind of revenue that Paul Heyman can deliver."

Heyman was the manager in two of three WrestleMania 29 Main Events. Heyman said he never envisioned this occurring one year ago.

"If you had asked Mr. McMahon a year ago if Paul Heyman would be associated with WrestleMania 29, he wouldn't have said, 'I don't even want him watching WrestleMania. If he buys the pay-per-view, send him his money back and block his cable!' Heyman said. "Brock Lesnar was never supposed to come back. And no one wanted C.M. Punk from the moment he arrived here."

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyman attracts ? fans, he's also an excellent stickman and can work crowds brilliantly, there's no point in letting that talent go to waste.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the most part, i think vince can work with someone who he may not like personally, but can be good fro business, a great example of this is when he hired eric bischoff in 2002 after he bought wcw, during the monday night wars, bischoff would badmouth vince almost weekly and almost did run wwe out of business, but when vince won, he coulda just not hired eric but he did, knowing he could be good for an on air character which he mostly was, as for heyman, vince always said he liked ecw and admitted taking their talent in the 90s, but he also admitted giving ecw $$$ to stay afloat at times, at least vince can admit that
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't deny talent

Imagine if Heyman was on TNA ? He would bring some competition to Vince
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Heyman went to TNA and with Eric Bishoff there as well they could work on giving WWE a run but I don't think that's possible at the moment. Vince would be a ? to let Heyman go!
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Paul is Good for WWE.

and im not talkin about the Giant or HHH