Who in, your eyes, is the Most Powerful ESPN Personality

Options
woah316
woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
I was very surprised by a sports illustrated "Power Ranking" list that had Bill Simmons at the top ALL sports personalities (including Non-espn people like Charles Barkely)....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20130306/most-powerful-people-sports-media/

I just don't see how Simmons is that powerful. The 3 guys on the count down crew have no respect for him.. Only thing I knew him for really was his grant land articles now and then..

So, I wanted to see the IC's take.... This is basically like MTV's hottest MC's in the game... I'm judging power off who generates the most interest, viewers, internet buzz etc etc... (that means, if you hate skip bayless, you should still vote for him... but vote how you want).

Who in, your eyes, is the Most Powerful ESPN Personality 59 votes

Colin Cowherd
5%
airspeeze23J.ClintonBlackxChild 3 votes
Mike "Greeney" Greenberg
1%
L.O.S.T. 1 vote
Stephen A Smith
13%
windycity2117hueyesco sopranodamobb2deepFlyFreeCtfuc_i_look_likepurpngoldMARIO_DRO 8 votes
Bill Simmons
6%
S2JMister B.SuperSoakersaracenwire 4 votes
Mike Wilbon
1%
bignorm 1 vote
Chris Berman
16%
Dupacex-soldiersouth4lifetoheeb27KNiGHTSits....JOHN Btexasdaking88TheBoyRoYoung_ChitlinYoung Stef 10 votes
Adam Schefter
5%
BDBIIDBilly_PonchoSupremeXXV 3 votes
Jon Gruden
0%
Skip Bayless
37%
ocelotinternationalscog81thefabmd2dcSerious Juice MayneCoolJoeWill MunnyIbexkAjUnwoah316_Menace_thegreatunknownBlackAX410Igot5onitA$AP_A$TONAristo_V300OhPeeproud_babydaddyParallelTHIRDSUPREME 22 votes
Other
11%
unspoken_respectPanchoYoSanchoWell Got DamJdilla26TheIraqtha bauseRubato Garcia 7 votes

Comments

• woah316
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    My list would go something like this:

1) Skip Bayless - Love him or hate him, he gets buzz like no one else... Everyone, even other people in the Sports Media, Hang on his every word.... He was a big part of creating the Tebow Phenomenon...

2) Stephen A Smith - Saturday Night live, McDonalds and Star Trek Commercials, 48% of first take (I'll give skip 52%)...

3) Mike Greeney - They have a syndicated radio show, and 4 hour tv show... So these ? got 2 streams of revenue from TV and Radio ads...

If you look up everyone's salaries (though I'm sure some are incorrect), you'd be suprised....

They say Greeney makes $2million a year...

Colin Cowherd 2 million a year (seriously?)

Skip Bayless $500k a year ( i know this can't be right... He probably got a massive raise over the last 2 years)

Stephen A like $400k a year (I know this can't be right either)

Mike Wilbon - $1.5 million a year... This was suprising to me... I guess PTI is doing big things.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Adam Schefter
    Only one I take info from
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Berman
    Berman
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Wilbon
    Mike Wilbon>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Think about it, people watch ESPN for 30 mins a day just to hear what he has to say.
    People who don't watch it at any other time.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Other
    John Clayton

• LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in 2013, no ? clue

but stuart scott and rich eisen put me on to espn. those were the good ol' days
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    Shefter best in terms of inside sources.

Stephan A and Skip in terms of polarizing figures.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    First Take is the best show they got. Used to be PTI. and Around the Horn.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    Skip...simply for the amount of hate he generates..
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Berman
    Berman is the most "powerful"

Bermans longevity>>>
    Berman the head honcho on NFL countdown>>>>
    Berman calling the highlights over the goat ESPN music>>>>
    On top of football he anchors US open golf, the stanley cup finals and he calls certain MLB games

Berman>>>guys who only been popular for 5-10 years if that because of one show, and guys who are only good for inside sources
  • DaCaliKing
    DaCaliKing Members Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    skip n stephen a. stay crackin me up

its a tie between them two imo
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bill simmons? This guy gotta be Jewish
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Other
    Don't know if I would call any of them powerful...maybe influential is a better word?

In that case it would be Skip, based off of the feelings caught by Richard Sherman alone (but many others as well)
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CopperKing wrote: »
    charissa thompsons body

What body?

the one I would EBRC
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CopperKing wrote: »
    charissa thompsons body

Post pics,B
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A Smith
    anybody who pics skip bayless... is petty

he bandwagons and trolls more than oohla...

this is the only guy kno who pics against his favorite team for 2 and a half rounds jus 2 hop back on @ the end... and his reason is "i didnt want 2 jinx the spurs"

the only guy who says he lost respect 4 durant cuz he had 1 bad series...and says "he is not a clutch player"

• SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bill Simmons
    Bills Simmons>>>>>

Reason why you ? watch 30 for 30.

The Book of Basketball is GOAT, the Celtic dickriding is tolerable other than Bill Russell being ranked number 2 all time. Smh

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A Smith
    Stephen A. Smith: Dude knows his ? , and is a funny ass ? . Skip Bayless is a HATER just to be a hater.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin Cowherd
    woah316 wrote: »

1) Skip Bayless - Love him or hate him, he gets buzz like no one else... Everyone, even other people in the Sports Media, Hang on his every word.... He was a big part of creating the Tebow Phenomenon...

2) Stephen A Smith - Saturday Night live, McDonalds and Star Trek Commercials, 48% of first take (I'll give skip 52%)...

3) Mike Greeney - They have a syndicated radio show, and 4 hour tv show... So these ? got 2 streams of revenue from TV and Radio ads...

If you look up everyone's salaries (though I'm sure some are incorrect), you'd be suprised....

Skip Bayless $500k a year ( i know this can't be right... He probably got a massive raise over the last 2 years)

Mike Wilbon - $1.5 million a year... This was suprising to me... I guess PTI is doing big things.

Colin cowherd was the #1 most accurate radio host of last year that includes news sports music anything. He's spot on and he's interesting to listen to.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin Cowherd
    woah316 wrote: »

Colin cowherd was the #1 most accurate radio host of last year that includes news sports music anything. He's spot on and he's interesting to listen to.
  • woah316
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    Skip...simply for the amount of hate he generates..

Pretty much... This man have other sports media people (like colin cowherd, and bill simmons), talking and tweeting about ? he does....

Simmons got suspended from twitter for 3 days by ESPN, because he said something about the Skip vs Richard Sherman thing...

Love him or hate him, people value this man's opinion... If they didn't, they would just ignore him and not give a damn what he say.... but EVERYBODY gotta tune in to see "what skip got to say about tebow or lebron"...

It's going to be a little tougher on him now that Lebron has and ring and Tebow is out of a job, but he'll find something else to be his calling card lol.
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adam Schefter
    In the USA, the NFL is king and Adam Schefter has the inside scoop on everything. Chris Berman is the man tho and I am a fan of "Gruden's QB Camp". On a side note am I the only one that feels like only the white guys get the behind the scene stories in the NFL?
  • woah316
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    SupremeXXV wrote: »
    In the USA, the NFL is king and Adam Schefter has the inside scoop on everything. Chris Berman is the man tho and I am a fan of "Gruden's QB Camp". On a side note am I the only one that feels like only the white guys get the behind the scene stories in the NFL?

You answered your own question in your post...

"In USA, NFL is King"

US population: 70% white ... 15% black (roughly).

That's it.