Who in, your eyes, is the Most Powerful ESPN Personality

Options

Comments

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    anybody who pics skip bayless... is petty

he bandwagons and trolls more than oohla...

this is the only guy kno who pics against his favorite team for 2 and a half rounds jus 2 hop back on @ the end... and his reason is "i didnt want 2 jinx the spurs"

the only guy who says he lost respect 4 durant cuz he had 1 bad series...and says "he is not a clutch player"

Powerful is one thing.

Quality reporter is a whole nother.

Skip IS still who people tune in to see at the end of the end of the day. Stephen A is there to actually make sense.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Berman
    anybody who pics skip bayless... is petty

he bandwagons and trolls more than oohla...

this is the only guy kno who pics against his favorite team for 2 and a half rounds jus 2 hop back on @ the end... and his reason is "i didnt want 2 jinx the spurs"

the only guy who says he lost respect 4 durant cuz he had 1 bad series...and says "he is not a clutch player"

Powerful is one thing.

Quality reporter is a whole nother.

Skip IS still who people tune in to see at the end of the end of the day. Stephen A is there to actually make sense.

Most of the time I would agree with this but what the ? was Stephen A on when he reported the Clippers were offering Griffin, Jordan, Bledsoe and Butler for Doc River, Pierce and KG?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A Smith
    Skip = obvious answer.

He says ? just to provoke people. He's also the person I least respect on ESPN at this point. He literally just spews nonsense trolling now for ratings, I hate what he has become.

lol he is good @ trolling i will admit.... this dude had me HEATED when he was saying he lost respect in Durant and said he isnt clutch...
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bill Simmons
    Bayless is the ultimate troll....

Steven A could be if he was so wishy-washy....

Grantland>>>>>>>ALL.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To me the best dude at ESPN is Scott Van Pelt
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    Skip Bayless be havin athletes mad as ? trollin them on 1st take lls he's not da best but he garners da most attention he had athletes explaining themselves nd wantin to fight him, he makes people hate certain athletes "Tebowmania" for example love him or hate him hella heads say "I cant wait to hear wat Skip Bayless has to say tomorrow" when sumthin happens in sports
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    First take gets the most attention on the network
    all the athletes catching feelings pulling richard shermons embarrassing themselves on live tv over Skip Bayless.
    How is he not the most powerful person on that network?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I say Skip Bayless
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Charissa Thompson. She can do those glorious splits while sitting on my face
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Scott Van Pelt he's a goat on ESPN
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Berman
    Giving you a goat for that sig, that ? has me in tears everytime
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    First Take is the best show they got. Used to be PTI. and Around the Horn.

I got 6 no signs. Like First take aint the most popular show. And judging by the fact most of yall ? picked skip bayless or Stephen A. Yall no this to be true. Get off that sheep ? . No feelings.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    ^^^^its da highest rated show not da best Skip Bayless has so many people catchin feelings ova his opinion he aint da most informative or entertaining guy on there his journalism fell off but he's da most powerful nd its not even close IMO
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Skip Bayless
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    ^^^^its da highest rated show not da best Skip Bayless has so many people catchin feelings ova his opinion he aint da most informative or entertaining guy on there his journalism fell off but he's da most powerful nd its not even close IMO

I hate Mike and Mike... Sports Nation is cool, but id some novelty ? . Stephen A. is def. Most entertaining.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Skip Bayless

I hate Mike and Mike... Sports Nation is cool, but id some novelty ? . Stephen A. is def. Most entertaining.

i actually ? wit Numbers Never Lie (underrated show IMO) seems like da least scripted show to me around da horn is straight too
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Skip Bayless

i actually ? wit Numbers Never Lie (underrated show IMO) seems like da least scripted show to me around da horn is straight too
    Yeah...pretty cool show too.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Stephen A Smith

Yeah...pretty cool show too.
    i ? wit numbers never lie.. wish it was a hour long tho...

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Numbers Never Lie is a great show. michael Smith, Hugh Douglass anf Jalen Rose are a great combo. To answer the thread Skip Bayless is the most powerful. How can someone whose opionion is supposedly so worthless garner so much reaction?
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Stephen A Smith
    blackrain wrote: »
    Numbers Never Lie is a great show. michael Smith, Hugh Douglass anf Jalen Rose are a great combo. To answer the thread Skip Bayless is the most powerful. How can someone whose opionion is supposedly so worthless garner so much reaction?

its cuz he trolls/and flip flops so much...

its like anybody with any relative sports sense will be like " this dude is a professional casual fan"
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    My list would go something like this:

1) Skip Bayless - Love him or hate him, he gets buzz like no one else... Everyone, even other people in the Sports Media, Hang on his every word.... He was a big part of creating the Tebow Phenomenon...

2) Stephen A Smith - Saturday Night live, McDonalds and Star Trek Commercials, 48% of first take (I'll give skip 52%)...

3) Mike Greeney - They have a syndicated radio show, and 4 hour tv show... So these ? got 2 streams of revenue from TV and Radio ads...

If you look up everyone's salaries (though I'm sure some are incorrect), you'd be suprised....

They say Greeney makes $2million a year...

Colin Cowherd 2 million a year (seriously?)

Skip Bayless $500k a year ( i know this can't be right... He probably got a massive raise over the last 2 years)

Stephen A like $400k a year (I know this can't be right either)

Mike Wilbon - $1.5 million a year... This was suprising to me... I guess PTI is doing big things.

It's been doing big things from day one. It's the father to every show on ESPN besides outside the lines
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Bill Simmons
    As much as I dislike him it HAS to be Bill Simmons.

He's getting money off the top from Grantland and 30 for 30. Goodnight folks. Party over.

That money alone>>>>ESPN personality money. And he's the ONLY one who's doing it big on that level not once but twice.

Then factor in he's surpassed just ESPN, he's now on NBA countdown.

(think to yourself, PERHAPS ya'll are a lil shortsided-all yall are mentioning is ESPN personalities)
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Bill Simmons
    Yall have no clue what power is.

Power is John Hollinger going from ESPN stat guru to VP of basketball Ops for the Grizzlies.

The Skip Baylesses of the worlds get tv shows then die out

The Bill Simmonses will be heads of marketing/programming/etc. at ESPN in a few years
  • J.Clinton
    J.Clinton Members Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin Cowherd
    Skip is the reason im coming close to not ? with first take anymore. He's a ? idiot, and his arguments are constantly based on woulda..coulda...shoulda instead of the present the time. Risky, but It might not be a bad idea to replace him on the show. I can't take the show serious anymore. I like Stephen A tho... he keeps it solid for the most part.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Stephen A Smith
    J.Clinton wrote: »
    Skip is the reason im coming close to not ? with first take anymore. He's a ? idiot, and his arguments are constantly based on woulda..coulda...shoulda instead of the present the time. Risky, but It might not be a bad idea to replace him on the show. I can't take the show serious anymore. I like Stephen A tho... he keeps it solid for the most part.

they should replace him wit bomani jones.. that would be interesting