The Code of THUG LIFE Discussion.

NeighborhoodNomad.
NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in The Social Lounge
220px-Thug_Life.gif

The Hate U Give Little Infants Fucks Everybody

THUG LIFE Code: by Tupac & Mutulu Shakur

1. All new Jacks to the game must know: a) He’s going to get rich. b) He’s going to jail. c) He’s going to die.

2. Crew Leaders: You are responsible for legal/financial payment commitments to crew members; your word must be your bond.

3. One crew’s rat is every crew’s rat. Rats are now like a disease; sooner or later we all get it; and they should too.

4. Crew leader and posse should select a diplomat, and should work ways to settle disputes. In unity, there is strength!

5. Car jacking in our Hood is against the Code.

6. Slinging to children is against the Code.

7. Having children slinging is against the Code.

8. No slinging in schools.

9. Since the rat Nicky Barnes opened his mouth; ratting has become accepted by some. We’re not having it.

10. Snitches is outta here.

11. The Boys in Blue don’t run nothing; we do. Control the Hood, and make it safe for squares.

12. No slinging to pregnant Sisters. That’s baby killing; that’s genocide!

13. Know your target, who’s the real enemy.

14. Civilians are not a target and should be spared.

15. Harm to children will not be forgiven.

16. Attacking someone’s home where their family is known to reside, must be altered or checked.

17. Senseless brutality and ? must stop.

18. Our old folks must not be abused.

19. Respect our Sisters. Respect our Brothers.

20. Sisters in the Life must be respected if they respect themselves.

21. Military disputes concerning business areas within the community must be handled professionally and not on the block.

22. No shooting at parties.

23. Concerts and parties are neutral territories; no shooting!

24. Know the Code; it’s for everyone.

25. Be a real ruff neck. Be down with the code of the Thug Life.

26. Protect yourself at all times..

How different (hypothetically of course) would the streets be if THUG LIFE was the organized way of life for the streets?

1. Is about understanding the outcome of the game you're playing
2. Is about accountability
3. Is about loyalty and honor
4. Is about responsibility
5-10,12. Are about integrity/morality
11. Is about honor
13. Is about intelligence/studying/awareness

1-26 is all about at least one of the bolded above.

Would this have been a positive or a negative thing for our communities?

Comments

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    realest ? ever wroten
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Ricky.G wrote: »
    realest ? ever wroten

Really? When's the last time you seen Tupac?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. No-sign on "thug life" its ? .
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    antoseeg wrote: »
    realest ? ever wroten

what does your comment have to do with his?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dumbest ? I ever read

you can really tell 2pac was still a kid when he was on his revolutionary ?
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shows how lost ? is out here....

• MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this sounds nice, but unrealistic.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? to busy thinking like marlo....that i dont give a fukk attitude is the death of alot.

being unpredictable is not cool....when i was young ...? banded together to get rid of that type of problem after that..they went back to a respectable illegal ? ...lol
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    bambu wrote: »

I agree that it shows how lost the youth were/are from the very fact that Thuggin (thuggin is an effect not a cause by the way) is a lifestyle, but which one of the "laws" in this code lacks honor. I don't agree with selling poison to the people, but if you are going to shouldn't there be some sort of code of ethics to an unethical act, if that makes any sense. Like I heard him say in another interview speaking about the dealers "...at least give back to the communities you're ? "
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    dumbest ? I ever read

What was dumb about it?
    Remember, he was a "kid" when he died. He died maybe 2-3 years after writing this. How many brothers in their early 20's are even trying to organize and make major changes in the community?
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    pralims wrote: »
    ? to busy thinking like marlo....that i dont give a fukk attitude is the death of alot.

being unpredictable is not cool....when i was young ...? banded together to get rid of that type of problem after that..they went back to a respectable illegal ? ...lol

But every code in this "law" is about giving a ? . And can you really blame those who don't? It's not that easy to give a ? these days... imo.

• bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bambu wrote: »

I agree that it shows how lost the youth were/are from the very fact that Thuggin (thuggin is an effect not a cause by the way) is a lifestyle, but which one of the "laws" in this code lacks honor. I don't agree with selling poison to the people, but if you are going to shouldn't there be some sort of code of ethics to an unethical act, if that makes any sense. Like I heard him say in another interview speaking about the dealers "...at least give back to the communities you're ? "

There is no honor in "slanging" my friend.......
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    I agree, but the will to survive is powerful. Im almost certain that selling dope wasn't plan a,b, or c. Which brings me back to the point that there needed to be a law or a code for thuggin in the first place, If that's the lifestyle/road you chose.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    dumbest ? I ever read

What was dumb about it?
    Remember, he was a "kid" when he died. He died maybe 2-3 years after writing this. How many brothers in their early 20's are even trying to organize and make major changes in the community?

what's dumb is the fact he didn't think about his rules all the way thru

either he never was really involved in street ? for real, or he was so brand new that he didn't realize the naivete of those rules

so it's ok to sling, but not to kids and pregnant women? (#6 and #12)

well what about our other brothers and sisters we are supposed to be respecting? (#19) what qualifies them as being worthy of being served drugs vs. the others we should respect? LOL

how old does someone have to be before they are considered an old person who shouldn't be abused? obviously I got to check ID because there is an age limit on who I can sling to (#18)

and how do you enforce violence without it turning into an eye for an eye type situation?

what is the overall benefit of following these rules if ? still gon look the same in my community (ie. ? slinging everywhere)

and I'm not even gon address the snitching rules when anybody who has ever heard his catalog

has to note how much name dropping and subliminals he would speak on n his songs.......a lot of that ? shouldn't have been put on wax for mass consumption

• NeighborhoodNomad.
    I can't argue that you cant sell poison to someone you respect i.e. brothers and sisters and kids etc.
  • antoseeg
    realest ? ever wroten

Tupac came up with those laws. Tupac tried to follow those laws. And now he is no longer with us. Thuggery is not good in any way shape or form. The thug persona that Tupac had in him put him on the path for a guaranteed early death.

Tupac is the perfect example of a black crime statistic. He consorted with gangs. He spend time in jail. And he got shot and killed before reaching the age of 30.

On top of all this, Tupac glamorized a lifestyle that he didn't even have. After Tupac died, his momma came out and proved that he was broke. She had records showing that Suge Knight owned his house and cars. She also had records showing that Tupac's jewelry was borrowed, and that Tupac was behind on some of the payments.

Tupac is a horrible role model. Nobody should be looking to him for leadership.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    27. You will be set up by your own people eventually. Just like Jesus.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    realest ? ever wroten

Tupac came up with those laws. Tupac tried to follow those laws. And now he is no longer with us. Thuggery is not good in any way shape or form. The thug persona that Tupac had in him put him on the path for a guaranteed early death.

Tupac is the perfect example of a black crime statistic. He consorted with gangs. He spend time in jail. And he got shot and killed before reaching the age of 30.

On top of all this, Tupac glamorized a lifestyle that he didn't even have. After Tupac died, his momma came out and proved that he was broke. She had records showing that Suge Knight owned his house and cars. She also had records showing that Tupac's jewelry was borrowed, and that Tupac was behind on some of the payments.

Actually Tupac evolved. Before he died he was no longer living "Thug Life". If you refer back to his interviews he said "Thug Life is like the twelfth grade, some people get left behind and some people graduate." Also his ideals for black Unity should not be undermined because he was not financially stable. May I remind you that Malcom X died without a penny in his pocket and a lot less wealthy than some other leaders of "The Nation" who shall remain nameless.

"Thuggery" as you so name it was not invented by Tupac nor did he claim to be its creator. He said "Thug Life" is a condition of certain individuals in our society and all he simply did was acknowledge it and bring it to the forefront and open the doors for discussion when elitist failed to address the woes and dregs of society that are born from the systems and institutions that are in place.

Tupac was a child born in prison who had a ? addicted mother who was at one time an activist to liberate blacks. He was raised around other politically motivated and some might say radical blacks and was educated in the arts. He used his art to show the distinctions and overwhelming differences from one class of society to the next.

He never meant for himself to be your child's role model. He only wanted Unity among blacks who come from the most desperate of situations. If you dont understand that then his music or message was never for you in the first place.

Damn, do you all even understand the acronym? The hate is the real issue...
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    realest ? ever wroten

2pac wasn't ALL about thuglife though. He spoke up on many political issues at the time like being against apartheid, building up communities on a positive level and made songs about uplifting women and children. 2pac wasn't a perfect man by any means but he promoted more good then bad overall. He was a victim of a cold world and bad environment, remember his mom was addicted to ? and he didn't have many role models when he grew up, like many of us. And regardless, he still made many positive songs and uplifted many people, including me through his music.

RIP 2pac Shakur, greatest rapper of all time
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    realest ? ever wroten

Actually Tupac evolved. Before he died he was no longer living "Thug Life". If you refer back to his interviews he said "Thug Life is like the twelfth grade, some people get left behind and some people graduate." Also his ideals for black Unity should not be undermined because he was not financially stable. May I remind you that Malcom X died without a penny in his pocket and a lot less wealthy than some other leaders of "The Nation" who shall remain nameless.

"Thuggery" as you so name it was not invented by Tupac nor did he claim to be its creator. He said "Thug Life" is a condition of certain individuals in our society and all he simply did was acknowledge it and bring it to the forefront and open the doors for discussion when elitist failed to address the woes and dregs of society that are born from the systems and institutions that are in place.

Tupac was a child born in prison who had a ? addicted mother who was at one time an activist to liberate blacks. He was raised around other politically motivated and some might say radical blacks and was educated in the arts. He used his art to show the distinctions and overwhelming differences from one class of society to the next.

He never meant for himself to be your child's role model. He only wanted Unity among blacks who come from the most desperate of situations. If you dont understand that then his music or message was never for you in the first place.

Thank you.....
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    realest ? ever wroten

Speak on it.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Practically any kind of change of the modus operandi in the hood would be an improvement nowadays.
  • drum
    drum Members Posts: 58
  • antoseeg
    edited June 2013
    realest ? ever wroten

The problem with your argument, is that there is audio and video proof of Tupac's actions to refute it.
    Actually Tupac evolved. Before he died he was no longer living "Thug Life".

Here's your evolved Tupac jumping a guy in Vegas right before he died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPGrIQJyS5Y

Here's a picture of your evolved Tupac. 50 ? ak-47 tattoo on chest. Gun in waistband. Drugs in hand.

tupac_smoking_weed_with_gun_jpg.jpg
    Tupac was a child born in prison who had a ? addicted mother who was at one time an activist to liberate blacks. He was raised around other politically motivated and some might say radical blacks and was educated in the arts.

Tupac himself has never stated that he was educated by radical blacks. But Tupac has stated many times that he was educated by the streets.

• ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    PAC didnt come up with that mutulu shakur and a bunch of leaders he was locked up with from all over the country did they gave it to PAC to promote