Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    antoseeg wrote: »
    Ricky.G wrote: »
    realest ? ever wroten

Really? When's the last time you seen Tupac?

what does your comment have to do with his?

Tupac came up with those laws. Tupac tried to follow those laws. And now he is no longer with us. Thuggery is not good in any way shape or form. The thug persona that Tupac had in him put him on the path for a guaranteed early death.

Tupac is the perfect example of a black crime statistic. He consorted with gangs. He spend time in jail. And he got shot and killed before reaching the age of 30.

On top of all this, Tupac glamorized a lifestyle that he didn't even have. After Tupac died, his momma came out and proved that he was broke. She had records showing that Suge Knight owned his house and cars. She also had records showing that Tupac's jewelry was borrowed, and that Tupac was behind on some of the payments.

Tupac is a horrible role model. Nobody should be looking to him for leadership.

Actually Tupac evolved. Before he died he was no longer living "Thug Life". If you refer back to his interviews he said "Thug Life is like the twelfth grade, some people get left behind and some people graduate." Also his ideals for black Unity should not be undermined because he was not financially stable. May I remind you that Malcom X died without a penny in his pocket and a lot less wealthy than some other leaders of "The Nation" who shall remain nameless.

"Thuggery" as you so name it was not invented by Tupac nor did he claim to be its creator. He said "Thug Life" is a condition of certain individuals in our society and all he simply did was acknowledge it and bring it to the forefront and open the doors for discussion when elitist failed to address the woes and dregs of society that are born from the systems and institutions that are in place.

Tupac was a child born in prison who had a ? addicted mother who was at one time an activist to liberate blacks. He was raised around other politically motivated and some might say radical blacks and was educated in the arts. He used his art to show the distinctions and overwhelming differences from one class of society to the next.

He never meant for himself to be your child's role model. He only wanted Unity among blacks who come from the most desperate of situations. If you dont understand that then his music or message was never for you in the first place.

Damn, do you all even understand the acronym? The hate is the real issue...

The problem with your argument, is that there is audio and video proof of Tupac's actions to refute it.
    Actually Tupac evolved. Before he died he was no longer living "Thug Life".

Here's you're evolved Tupac jumping a guy in Vegas right before he died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPGrIQJyS5Y

Here's a picture of your evolved Tupac. 50 ? ak-47 tattoo on chest. Gun in waistband. Drugs in hand.

tupac_smoking_weed_with_gun_jpg.jpg
    Tupac was a child born in prison who had a ? addicted mother who was at one time an activist to liberate blacks. He was raised around other politically motivated and some might say radical blacks and was educated in the arts.

Tupac himself has never stated that he was educated by radical blacks. But Tupac has stated many times that he was educated by the streets.

Tupac devolved if anything. He wasnt even a real thug, he was just trying to fit in.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    jono wrote: »
    Ricky.G wrote: »
    realest ? ever wroten

Really? When's the last time you seen Tupac?

what does your comment have to do with his?

Tupac came up with those laws. Tupac tried to follow those laws. And now he is no longer with us. Thuggery is not good in any way shape or form. The thug persona that Tupac had in him put him on the path for a guaranteed early death.

Tupac is the perfect example of a black crime statistic. He consorted with gangs. He spend time in jail. And he got shot and killed before reaching the age of 30.

On top of all this, Tupac glamorized a lifestyle that he didn't even have. After Tupac died, his momma came out and proved that he was broke. She had records showing that Suge Knight owned his house and cars. She also had records showing that Tupac's jewelry was borrowed, and that Tupac was behind on some of the payments.

Tupac is a horrible role model. Nobody should be looking to him for leadership.

Actually Tupac evolved. Before he died he was no longer living "Thug Life". If you refer back to his interviews he said "Thug Life is like the twelfth grade, some people get left behind and some people graduate." Also his ideals for black Unity should not be undermined because he was not financially stable. May I remind you that Malcom X died without a penny in his pocket and a lot less wealthy than some other leaders of "The Nation" who shall remain nameless.

"Thuggery" as you so name it was not invented by Tupac nor did he claim to be its creator. He said "Thug Life" is a condition of certain individuals in our society and all he simply did was acknowledge it and bring it to the forefront and open the doors for discussion when elitist failed to address the woes and dregs of society that are born from the systems and institutions that are in place.

Tupac was a child born in prison who had a ? addicted mother who was at one time an activist to liberate blacks. He was raised around other politically motivated and some might say radical blacks and was educated in the arts. He used his art to show the distinctions and overwhelming differences from one class of society to the next.

He never meant for himself to be your child's role model. He only wanted Unity among blacks who come from the most desperate of situations. If you dont understand that then his music or message was never for you in the first place.

Damn, do you all even understand the acronym? The hate is the real issue...

The problem with your argument, is that there is audio and video proof of Tupac's actions to refute it.
    Actually Tupac evolved. Before he died he was no longer living "Thug Life".

Here's you're evolved Tupac jumping a guy in Vegas right before he died.

Here's a picture of your evolved Tupac. 50 ? ak-47 tattoo on chest. Gun in waistband. Drugs in hand.

Tupac was a child born in prison who had a ? addicted mother who was at one time an activist to liberate blacks. He was raised around other politically motivated and some might say radical blacks and was educated in the arts.

Tupac himself has never stated that he was educated by radical blacks. But Tupac has stated many times that he was educated by the streets.

Tupac devolved if anything. He wasnt even a real thug, he was just trying to fit in.

2pac had some anger problems that can happen to anybody but as I've always said, he had two sides to him. A reckless side and a caring one, people have said this for many years. Name me a famous person and I'll show you a ton of flaws they had. Living or dead
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waste of time leave gang ? to gang ? .he should have been more worried about kids joining gangs instead he made being a blood a global brand.
  • kingblaze84
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Waste of time leave gang ? to gang ? .he should have been more worried about kids joining gangs instead he made being a blood a global brand.

Nope, poverty, desperation, and bad parenting made being a Blood a global brand
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013

Here's your evolved Tupac jumping a guy in Vegas right before he died.

Tupac was known to be hot tempered and a fighter. Because he was on film fighting means nothing. There was footage of him fighting on a movie set for Gang Related too. Evolving does not necessarily mean all of your behaviors drastically change. Nor did I say he evolved to an aristocrat. Basically he went from being the I dont give a ? type (a la bishop in Juice) to a more methodical purposeful person. Unfotunatley he was killed before he fully developed.

First off the pic was from a couple years before he died (strictly for my Ni99az/Thug life time), and having a gun and smoking Marijuana is not the worst thing a person can do. Tattoos are not that big a deal either pretty much novelty now anyway. Whats your point with this? Uniting people and arming yourself was a big part of what the Black Panther party was about. The drugs in hand you mention has been proven to be a lot safer than over the counter and prescription pharmaceuticals. His image was not the "norm" on purpose. The "norm" does not work out so well for the so called lower class. People from the projects don't usually become doctors or wealthy business men like Jay Z, that's the long shot.

You have no idea what your talking about here. You have never listened to any of his music if you believe any of your own statement in the bold. His mother was an activist. Look up who his step dad was and who helped raise him. The people he sought guidance from like Geronimo Pratt. His Name was Tupac SHAKUR. lol
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    First off the pic was from a couple years before he died (strictly for my Ni99az/Thug life time), and having a gun and smoking Marijuana is not the worst thing a person can do.
    on the other hand, i shake my head sadly at the sight of Glock ownership

• perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    First off the pic was from a couple years before he died (strictly for my Ni99az/Thug life time), and having a gun and smoking Marijuana is not the worst thing a person can do.

Hold up, I got a glock fool

• kingblaze84

Why?
  • janklow
    edited June 2013
    i won't hold it against you, even the best of us make mistakes
    Why?
    well, in the case of Tupac, i would have expected him to be able to afford a better pistol
    otherwise, we're talking about my general policy of "ugh, Glocks"
  • Nubian11
    Nubian11 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    thug life code for the impoverished,least at early age was attempting to make street gangs more like the mafia,omerta more constructive and organised.i guess these people are poor,bad housing and eduction,not much chances of getting a jobs and stuck living this life.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perspective retty much owned this thread u other ? SMH
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i won't hold it against you, even the best of us make mistakes
    Why?
    well, in the case of Tupac, i would have expected him to be able to afford a better pistol
    otherwise, we're talking about my general policy of "ugh, Glocks"

Dammit man. I got a glock too. Ok mr. gun expert, so what better quality yet affordable handgun should I have? I've heard the 1911 is solid.
  • janklow
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Dammit man. I got a glock too. Ok mr. gun expert, so what better quality yet affordable handgun should I have? I've heard the 1911 is solid.
    define "affordable."

look, Glocks are respectable beater guns that you tend to get at a good price point. if they work for you (or whoever), then it's all good. i have friends and relatives that own them and enjoy them despite my best efforts to convince them otherwise. i have PERSONALLY found them to be overrated in terms of reliability and comfort, but that is totally anecdotal and there's plenty of satisfied owners. a lot of this depends on what one's comfortable with and what you want the gun to do for you.

now, 1911s as a rule are respectably solid guns ...BUT that all comes down to who's making it, because the list of 1911 manufacturers is basically endless, and what you want to do with it, because if there's one thing they're NOT bringing to the table, it's magazine capacity.
  • professor x
    professor x Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Wonder what Pac would think of this if he lived to see age 40.

we'll see in a few decades. there's always one that crops out of a generation. only problem is the gene pools are being tampered with, so it makes it difficult for someone to make it and retain their individuality in todays society.

we're powered by a group think era and they are getting more powerful by the days, months, years, etc.

let me silence myself before they start pumping more gas into my home, again. im starting to make too much sense.