Aerobic/Weight Training Class Takers..Come on in...

kat2180
kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Weight Room
So I've decided I'm just going to start going to classes for awhile to kind of switch it up and hopefully reignite my interest in the gym. Today I took my first class which was an overall body conditioning class and ? . I hurt. I haven't even slept yet and I hurt..it's going to be a rough day tomorrow. lol

Anywho, what classes do ya'll take?

This class was okay but I want to try a step and a Zumba class. I need some excitement.

Comments

• babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I used to go to this "Hi-Low" class with my wife. It was an hour long and set to fast paced music. My homie who's a trainer was like "It looks like it's just for women but try it and see how hard it is." I used to be soaked by the end of the class.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    kat2180 wrote: »
    So I've decided I'm just going to start going to classes for awhile to kind of switch it up and hopefully reignite my interest in the gym. Today I took my first class which was an overall body conditioning class and ? . I hurt. I haven't even slept yet and I hurt..it's going to be a rough day tomorrow. lol

Anywho, what classes do ya'll take?

This class was okay but I want to try a step and a Zumba class. I need some excitement.

You should get a training partner to keep you motivated.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I'm going to the Hip Hop class at the gym tomorrow. I was late to the class (waiting on my gym partner) and I couldn't catch on early.

My husband got me to go to a cycling class and that ? is no joke.

Zumba looks like so much fun. If I don't do the hip hop class, I'll do that.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I liked spinning and want to may that a regular weekly thing but I still have to find a decent cusion to go over the seat. My tail bone was sore for nearly a week after my first class
  • kat2180
    edited July 2010
    major pain wrote: »
    You should get a training partner to keep you motivated.

I know..I wish I did have training partner. Especially someone that really knew what I should do to get the look I want.

@ ntng - They don't have a hiphop class at my gym. I might be embarrassed anyway. Is it hard to get the moves down?

@ marie - I'm scared of the spinning classes for that exact reason! My butt is too big for those tiny little seats..lol.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    My sister is my training partner and our ideas of a workout are like night & day. But, the good thing about having a gym buddy is that we encourage each other to go to the gym even if one cant make it. (she has baby sitting issues most times).

What gym do you go to Kat? I go to 24 hour fitness. We missed the 1st 45 mins so the 1st part of the dance was just lost for me. But he was added steps to the routine then you go over the newly learned part then the whole routine to a slow song, then a fast song then a faster song. and you do it over and over again. I bet I would have had it down if we got there on time. There were older ladies and even a few guys in the class. It was a lot of fun and if you get into it, you can really work up a sweat. lol.
  • kat2180
    edited July 2010
    That sounds fun..but I'm so uncoordinated when it comes to stuff like that. :(

I just go to the Y. It's the closest gym to me.
  • marie addams
    edited July 2010
    kat2180 wrote: »

@ marie - I'm scared of the spinning classes for that exact reason! My butt is too big for those tiny little seats..lol.

yeah i actually looked forward to the times we had to stand up on the bike. pretty painful, but otherwise not all that hard
  • kat2180
    edited July 2010
    Okay I took yesterday off because I was in pain..smh. Obviously I wasn't busting my ass hard enough on my own cause I haven't been this sore since I started going to the gym. Tonight is an Abs and Legs class followed by my first Zumba. I want to go to both so I can check them o ut but I might be too tired after the first class to go to Zumba..I'm still deciding.
  • Dick_Knubbler
    Dick_Knubbler Members Posts: 86
    edited July 2010
    Kat, I can get you right with the R.A.N workout
  • kat2180
    edited July 2010
    Kat, I can get you right with the R.A.N workout

lol..what's that looking like?

I did Zumba on Friday and ? . I almost died! My calves are sooo sore even today.

It was nothing but Latinas and sistas in there so I was feeling very white. You'd think with these big hips I'd be able to work them better..I looked kind of stiff. lol

Maybe it will be easier next week.
  • marie addams
    edited July 2010
    everybody's talking about zumba! i'm gonna check my gym's calendar. I need to see for myself