AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    still havent seen the road but the book is one of my favorites

thought i was one of the only people that read that book lol
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    What you mean, all of that would have been great. Give me Brasi making a nanny throw a baby into a furnace, give me scenes with the family that handles the ? work of the five families, the negotiators. Give us Vegas with Freddy becoming a big shot and big ? lady with her doctor boyfriend who also rejuvenates Johnny Fontaine's career. Give us Johnny and his friend Nino becoming huge Hollywood stars, but Nino rejecting that lifestyle.

Those stories had absolutely ? to do with telling of the Corleone story, (Vito's or Michael's rise to power.) Those other subplots if added into the film adaption would have bogged down the story.
    Also give us the end of the book where Tom Hagan explains the actions of Michael Corleone to his wife, telling her he'd ? him if he found out he told Kay Michael's motives, then Kay and Mama Corleone in church praying for the souls of their husbands.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5tJKzj6k_Q

The Godfather Final Scene.

? are you talking about dude, seriously? The end to The Godfather is one of the most powerful endings to a movie in all of cinema. Michael just straight up lying to Kay without batting an eye about ordering Carlo's death, then hearing Clemenza say, "Don Corleone," and kiss his ring, then the look on Kay's face that says, "This muthafucka just straight up lied in my face," and the realization that everything she heard about the Corleone's and what Connie said was true, also you have to add in the The Godfather Waltz playing in the background. ? is the GOAT man.

Only book that I've actually read...
    Literally the entire movie is JUST the book of John narrated and brought to life

Full movie: gospel of John

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=47OkuvT5JFo

No-sign because of White Jesus.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    still havent seen the road but the book is one of my favorites

thought i was one of the only people that read that book lol

nope. I loved it. And I dont even read much fiction. I prefer boring ? like biographies and books about politics. But I made an exception for the Road
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The green mile
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we count Game of Thrones? Best Book-to-Anything adaption ever