Rank It: Goldberg's WWE run

jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been on forums where it has been said that Goldberg was exposed in 'E, and I've been on forums that think Vince handicapped Goldberg's success.

So now I'm here, and I ask on a scale on 1-5 how would you rank Goldberg's WWE run.

Some things to consider:
--his feuds
--match quality
--angles

Looking at all these things how do you think the run went?

Comments

• jono
    Personally I give it a 2.

He had some decent feuds, mediocre matches though.

Its sad but I think the best Goldberg match in WWE was vs Chris Jericho at Bad Blood 2003.

His title run was utterly uninteresting (although in all fairness this was during H's "reign of terror")

The disappointing matches with Rock, H, & Lesnar absolutely ruin that whole year for me.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triple h is a ?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give it a 1, other than his feud with Rocky his stay in the WWE is forgettable
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

He could've had a lot more potential to be the top guy, Vince was just looking to bury WCW's creation. It was so lackluster, even his debut was.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    VIBE wrote: »

He could've had a lot more potential to be the top guy, Vince was just looking to bury WCW's creation. It was so lackluster, even his debut was.
    BS. He went over Rock and had a championship run. What more did you want?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    It went better than expected to be honest. Only feud he really missed was with Stone Cold who was basically inactive. The only thing that really sucked was his match with Brock. I give it a 4. I loved his feud with Evolution and triple H, and he defended his belt like every week up until he lost it. This is WWe that still hated WCW, and Goldberg was a huge representation of it and he was one of the few turnovers from WCW they didnt completely screw up or hold back for a long period of time such as DDP and Scott Steiner to name a few.

For every weird long match he had a with a "Christian", he had great moments at the Royal Rumble and the Elimination Chamber to make up for it.
  • jono
    VIBE wrote: »

Vince actually pushed Goldberg. He only lost 2 matches his entire WWE run and the EC match he dominated.

HHH being injured and not willing to give up the strap at Summerslam ruined the title run, I'll say that in particular was some ? ....H getting it back was also some ? too.

I think he did most of what he could do. I would have liked a PPV main event against HBK and maybe a run on Smackdown so he could wrestle Guerrero, Benoit, Angle and Undertaker but he did all he could do on RAW really fast.

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a waste if you ask me his WCW run was GOAT!!!! In WWE, he put on a horrible match with Lesnar at WM 20, His feud with Evolution carried on too long imo and they should at least had him wrestle Undertaker at Wrestlemania or at least once.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    his run was a 2.

a combo of hhh ? title run/politics and goldberg being exposed as an average in ring worker. goldberg should of been in the title hunt right after the match with the rock. his loss to hhh at summerslam killed all his steam, just so hhh could get one more month with the title. then goldberg lost the title like 2 months later, his entire run in wwe was done after that.
  • jono
    That summerslam fiasco will live in infamy. Smart money would have taken H out the match and made it a #1 contender's match so Goldberg could win and set up a match with H one on one but instead Goldberg LOST and his momentum was ended for no reason.

Also how dare they do a dream match at a run of the mill PPV like Unforgiven? Smh it was all ? up.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nobody from wcw made a decent run in the wwe unless they left b4 vince bought wcw...

the only 2 people I can think of who did was legends ( rick flare/hulk Hogan) and booker t
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    nobody from wcw made a decent run in the wwe unless they left b4 vince bought wcw...

the only 2 people I can think of who did was legends ( rick flare/hulk Hogan) and booker t

rey mysterio, and rvd (ECW).
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBossman wrote: »

rey mysterio, and rvd (ECW).

I thought rey mysterio left b4 he bought wcw..

• jono

Well as far as main eventers only Booker T made the cut in WWE. Steiner had diminished skills, Sting never showed, he did what he could with Goldberg, Nash tore his quad, Hall is a ? , and well he just ? over DDP.

But midcard acts did well: Shane "The Hurricane" Helms, Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, Billy Kidman all had decent careers after WCW. Chavo & Rey in particular did very well.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    I understood the logic behind them having Goldberg lose at Summerslam. It was just so uneventful and sapped all of Goldberg's momentum. Just typical of HHH in 2003.

Goldberg had some solid television matches in 03.

vs HBK
    vs Chris Jericho
    vs Mark Henry
    vs Batista
    vs Kane
  • EtherealAmotekun
    EtherealAmotekun Members Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭
    Goldberg was completely forgettable in wwe. He was dope in wcw when he had the streak goin and when he was beefin with nwo.

I remember that goldberg vs lesner match ? was woat.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited June 2013
    Jamaica wrote: »
    I understood the logic behind them having Goldberg lose at Summerslam. It was just so uneventful and sapped all of Goldberg's momentum. Just typical of HHH in 2003.

Goldberg had some solid television matches in 03.

vs HBK
    vs Chris Jericho
    vs Mark Henry
    vs Batista
    vs Kane

People forget to add ? like that in the mix.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsitp1GmAkM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzk9Dea0JKc
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    goldberg was the only wcw guy (not named flair/y2k) that got more pops than alot of wwe stars
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    forgettable, but then again, I smoke a lot of weed
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    horrible hated how they made him unstoppable even in wcw even tho i didn't watch that much...but his skills in the ring sucked ass smh
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    ? hate Goldberg? the hell? I think vince ? up his character in wwe