Which sport has the worst refs?

Options
HustleThaDon
HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
In your opinion which sport has the worst refs?

Which sport has the worst refs? 51 votes

NBA
74%
DupacBender Rodrigueznorthside7will grimeyex-soldier5th Lettertxboi_09infamous114usmarin3fortyacresairspeeze23JusDre313themadlionsfanGhostdenithegawdgman82dallas' 4 evaCutler 26 INT's LOL!The Lonious MonkIbexlamontbdc 38 votes
NFL
9%
HustleThaDonqtipp73Will Munnywoah316Squidward Tentacles 5 votes
MLB
13%
buttuh_bPanchoYoSanchoChi-Town BullygoldenjaA$AP_A$TONCottonCitySlimSleepwalkingInJapan 7 votes
College Basketball
1%
Billy_Poncho 1 vote
College Football
0%

Comments

• one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Professional sports is a business people are brainwashed to think its a form of entertainment first then business.. so answer is all of the above.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    These refs tonight was on one. They clearly cheated the Heat
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    Easily the NBA and the thing is its the sport where the refs can have an immediate impact on the outcome of the game. In football and the NFL its hard for one call to have a huge impact on the game. In the NBA bad call after bad call ? the whole game up. like today that was a cluster ? of a game.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    Too easy. Too damn easy.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLB
    "the ? you mean that was a strike, you sonofabitch!"
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    NBA
    MLB is a close second but I cut them slack cuz they don't have the luxury of instant replay in certain situations.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLB
    I went with MLB because every time I look at a highlight of a baseball game its always a highlight included of a refs fuckery also. They got IR now and still dont use it right.

Most the votes will be NBA because of the playoffs and prisoner of the moment reactions
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    Easily the NBA and the thing is its the sport where the refs can have an immediate impact on the outcome of the game. In football and the NFL its hard for one call to have a huge impact on the game. In the NBA bad call after bad call ? the whole game up. like today that was a cluster ? of a game.

Nah it's much easier for one call to have huge implications in the NFL..

Holding penalties are DRIVE killers.

A call that potentially takes 2-3 points off the board for a team in the nba is much less harmful than a play that takes 3-7 points off the board in the nfl.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLB
    Most of y'all voting just based of last nights game but look at all the times this season the MLB umps screwed up strikes and outs
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    The NBA refs are either real terrible or are trying to control the outcomes of games. It's one thing to miss a call at full speed, but there have been like three instances of them going to look at the replay and coming back and still making the wrong call. How does that even happen?
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    MLB
    This is a no contest. MLB umps dont know their place. They're always getting into ? with players. If a player looks at em the wrong way they'll find any reason to throw them out.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA, it's the inconsistency and blatant favoritism. As a fan, it's annoying, because it makes the league look like a sham.

The rest of major sports leagues and promotions aren't without their ? officiating, either.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    honestly, the refs made nba almost unwatchabale to me for years....last night was the most basketball i've ever watched since like 2007
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i give sports like nfl and nba a little leeway just b/c of how fast the game is, and for every call they get wrong, they probably get hundreds correct.

Baseball, i don't know. close plays on a base are tought to call, and often times you can only see who is safe or out if you slow down the replay by 1000%. but they make terrible calls at times too.

but i'm going ot say golf. a game played at a snails pace, with nothing to obstruct your view of the player, and you still have to rely on people at home calling in to report violations. yeah. thats the woat.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    I chose NBA for the simple fact that the refs have been bad in the NBA for YEARS, and were so bad at points in time that the ? was almost unwatchable.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    How can anybody say anything other than the NBA. ? refs are horrible.

This has nothing to do with last night game. I've been watching NBA games for years.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    when this ? dropped

original.jpg

i got sick.....

couldn't even watch basketball the same anymore
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    Du_Du wrote: »
    when this ? dropped

original.jpg

i got sick.....

I need to get this book
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    when this ? dropped

original.jpg

i got sick.....

details?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    Refs think the whole game is about them nowadays.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    when this ? dropped

original.jpg

i got sick.....

details?

you know he didn't read that book.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    MLB. Too many who don't know how to be umps and want to be stars.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    I chose NBA for the simple fact that the refs have been bad in the NBA for YEARS, and were so bad at points in time that the ? was almost unwatchable.
    bgoat wrote: »
    How can anybody say anything other than the NBA. ? refs are horrible.

This has nothing to do with last night game. I've been watching NBA games for years.

C/S these posts.

? are fools talking about last night's game and prisoner of the moment. For YEARS these NBA refs have been making terrible calls.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLB
    NFL close 2nd