Am I really getting this right, blogs and the internets still not happy with Floyd Mayweather?

Options
international
international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
Floyd said he giving the fans what they want, and haters still got the nerve to say that: he picked an easy fight and thats why Floyd taking it, go and fight Marques again, yet that fight in my opinion has been the one where Floyd has shined the brightest, coming after a long ass rest and completly outshining Marques and making him look like an amateur, and some still stuck on Manny, by the way, is he ok? is Manny ok? (in mj voice)...smh

Haters never cease to amaze me.

Comments

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gonna miss him when he retires.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd will never win with them until he loses
    He's rich, black, undefeated and a hell of a boxer.
    They hate all that with a passion
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money Team in effect Da Champ is here
    29bo8wm.gif
    Floyd-Mayweather-GIF.gif
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    They wanted that Pacq fight badly. 2 stars in their prime.

The Canelo fight will be hyped but he doesn't have the star power or resume that Pacq had at the time.
    Not too mention, many feel FM ducked....so of course they aren't going to dap him up now.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't wait for this fight.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has got to use the jab - oscar de la hoya
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They only wanted that Pac fight because they saw him as the best contender to beat Floyd.

Now that that plan's gone out the window, haters gonna perpetually hate.

Floyd's biggest enemy now is himself by spending his way into debt
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a Floyd naysayer, but I give him props for taking this fight. Regardless of whether or not you feel he's ducked fights in the past, this is a tough fight to take at a point in his career where could be winding down if he wanted. That should appease everyone to some degree.
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its lonely at the top from what i've heard.

It's lonely everywhere though.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    "WE GOT SEVEN ROLLS OUTSIDE!"
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who cares boxing is irrelevant anyway.Who actually still watches/pays for this weak ? ?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Umm, I havent heard anyone saying he should fight Marques again. And if they are, they r clearly not educated on the sport so y use them on some 'eerbody ia sayin'...

I'd bet money the majortiy of boxing fans r salivating over this fight.

• getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited May 2013
    Options
    If Pac has lost a few times then go beat his brains in. Why not make the big fight? He can win easy right? Alverez will be 10x better in 3-5 years. He is 22 years old. Let look at logic here. Mayweather is a great business man, he picks them at the right time and makes that money, while making people believe that his opponent is "ready". I admire him for that. The hype is on! Great business move, Alverez will get outpointed 118-110. However, Mayweather should still be flagged for "dodging" and being a ? because he never fights someone when they are in their prime. Cotto worked Mayweather for half the fight, Mosley hurt him, think about when they were 5 years younger, champs, and calling out Mayweather. Nowhere to be found.

Also, lets not forget the age factor and the money. Alverez has 18 years ahead of him, this is boxing it could be a work. People still want the Pac fight, they are always gonna question why May never took that fight.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Pac has lost a few times then go beat his brains in. Why not make the big fight? He can win easy right? Alverez will be 10x better in 3-5 years. He is 22 years old. Let look at logic here. Mayweather is a great business man, he picks them at the right time and makes that money, while making people believe that his opponent is "ready". I admire him for that. The hype is on! Great business move, Alverez will get outpointed 118-110. However, Mayweather should still be flagged for "dodging" and being a ? because he never fights someone when they are in their prime. Cotto worked Mayweather for half the fight, Mosley hurt him, think about when they were 5 years younger, champs, and calling out Mayweather. Nowhere to be found.

Also, lets not forget the age factor and the money. Alverez has 18 years ahead of him, this is boxing it could be a work. People still want the Pac fight, they are always gonna question why May never took that fight.

So ricky hatton wasn't in his prime neither? Cotto been putting in work...this is ppl that money may defeated before Pacman did, who went on to fight those that money may had already demoralised, and you really talkin about age? Canelo, should be glad he fighting Mayweather at 22 yrs old, while May is 36, and at what age was Mike Tyson when he was the champ and dominating the sport?????? Exactly, so ? all these bs excuses, lets wait and see if he can deliver...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I disagree. I dislike Mayweather, but how is this dodging? What would be the poitn of beating Pac's brains out. Pac's mystique has been completely shattered. If Floyd went and beat Pac now, people would just say that he waited til Pac was on the decline. As someone who believes that Floyd's career has been built in part on opportunistic fights, I believe this completely destroys that trend. Alvarez may be better in 3 - 5 years, but he's still a beast now and improving. Pac was a beast 3 - 5 years ago and is declining. From a competitive and challenge standpoint, Alvarez is the better fight.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint mad at him but i aint buying the next fight....*shrugs*
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yea yea sounds good. except you dont know what the ? you're saying
    both Cotto & Mosley openly ducked Floyd. Mosley was asked repeatedly about Floyd in public & said he had a toothache.
    Cotto was paraded around by Bob Arum & Top Rank then when Floyd wanted to neogotiate then was told he was "too green" to fight Mayweather when it came to to put paper to ink

and look at the logic here- one minute you want him to beat up a older battered Manny, the next you're discrediting his wins against older opponents that have been beaten. Basically you want Floyd to beat Manny just so you can complain that it should have happened when you wanted it to.

Not to mention that A) Mosley won one exchange of one round & nothing else B)you were obviously biased watchin that Cotto fight b/c he won no more than 3 rounds + Floyd fought Cottos fight & beat him at it
    & C) you compelete absolve Manny & Top Rank of blame in neogotiating. But a safe bet (s/o to @MSOI) would be that you dnt even know who Bob Arum is
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to answer the thread the media wants Manny to be Rocky & shut that big ? mouth & this is residual bitterness from the realization not only that it wont happen but now that it wouldnt have happened. Floyd isnt deteriorating.

i stopped taking most media/casual/Manny fan criticism serious about Floyd in 2011. Ask them who Andre Ward is and watch their face scrunch up
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ fighting Marquez, that Marquez Floyd fight might be his best boxing performance on the low. Marquez was #2-3 P4P at that time
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    lol @ fighting Marquez, that Marquez Floyd fight might be his best boxing performance on the low. Marquez was #2-3 P4P at that time

And Floyd was coming off a layoff and made Marquez look like a amateur.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with Floyd. At this point, though, he should hang it up once his contract is up. Honestly, he has nothing left to prove. ? Pac. I been said that dude was on D-Wade status, the Marquez knock out just brought that sentiment to life.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd a ? anyways and woulda got washed by Pacquiao