Ya'll realize Jadakiss has released 3 solo albums in 16 years

Options

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im mad he's kept the same flow for his entire career no matter the beat.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    I think his Top 5 comment equates to bars only....I mean to be fair Big only dropped 2 albums

really bruh? Anyways I don't even need to elaborate everything has already been said. Average mc, average albums, great bars, overrated
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate using the basketball metaphors but i think jada is kind of like a streetball player. He has extreme talent at a few specific things (i.e. tag teaming with styles p and being descriptive) but his all around game isn't good enough to be a great pro consistently.

Anybody who has done music knows despite your skill it can be hard to focus something into a song that isn't all over the place and not consistent. I think Jada has that problem. That's why his mixtape is better than his albums at times. I would rather him not release 10 albums and just put them as mixtape projects and at least try a few albums.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If only we could inject lil Wayne's work ethic, rick Ross or any of these trap rappers who drop mixtapes every week hustle into jadakiss.....
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    If only we could inject lil Wayne's work ethic, rick Ross or any of these trap rappers who drop mixtapes every week hustle into jadakiss.....

the bolded is overrated as ? . i would rather have 1 hot mixtape in a year or 1 hot one every 2 years than these dudes droppin way too many mixtapes with way too many skipable tracks. Outside of jay electronica's career less is more. Its worth ethic as much as he just can't make a classic album which is hard to make. Kiss has said he narrowed down his album from allot of songs to a dozen or so tracks which is even more concerning regarding him releasing more albums than he did in a decade plus.

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think his Top 5 comment equates to bars only....I mean to be fair Big only dropped 2 albums

Hole up....I mean, I know what you're technically sayin but you cant blame a ? that got murked 3 years into his run for only havin two albums as apose to a ? that came out a year after biggie basically under biggie living almost 20 years later being able to do more, so It aint the same thing.

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

Hole up....I mean, I know what you're technically sayin but you cant blame a ? that got murked 3 years into his run for only havin two albums as apose to a ? that came out a year after biggie basically under biggie living almost 20 years later being able to do more, so It aint the same thing.
    not to mention look at those 2 big albums and dude was only 24 I think. ready to die retarted life after had its skippable joints but its still crazy. im a kiss fan and that ? is lazy. styles and sheek stay dropping joints. why not kiss?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm in the hood like ______________ >>> T/S's life
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jadakiss and alchemist should do album or an ep or something

but seriously, there isnt gonna be another lox album?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Jada would of stayed with Puff dude would of reached his potential imo. Puff has a great ear for music and creating cohesive albums.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think jadakiss catalog is so low b/c he be really in the hood slangin and ? and that he's lazy
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    I been hearing Kiss rhyme since the mid 90ties when they were still the Warlox. Kiss is aiight but he's a one dimensional rapper. He hasn't really progressed since the late 90ties.
    Jada's dope but he's got one flow, one type of punchline and he only touches on a few subjects. "I'm in the hood like...", "my car the color of...", a random drug reference... This n*gga is generic as f*ck. He's dope but Ion tink he has much to talk about and he can't really put out a cohesive album. His sh*t will sound like whatever is hot at that moment like @usmarin3 said.

In a way he's similar to Bun B. They been featured on mad sh*t and were/ are part of a crew, but as solo artists they ain't that dope and they can't carry an album.

The only thing that separates Bun B from Jada is that Bun has a 5-mic classic under his belt. Some will agree with that, some won't..
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    If Jada would of stayed with Puff dude would of reached his potential imo. Puff has a great ear for music ? his artists' pockets and creating cohesive albums.

Fixed for accuracy. Maybe that's why Jada has only released 3 solos in 16 years...signing with Puff has it's consequences.

• CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    I think jadakiss catalog is so low b/c he be really in the hood slangin and ? and that he's lazy

Slangin' what exactly?
  • Polo_Loco
    Polo_Loco Members Posts: 22
    Options
    yep true indeed.. Jada needed to step his gm up!
  • usmarin3
    Options
    I been hearing Kiss rhyme since the mid 90ties when they were still the Warlox. Kiss is aiight but he's a one dimensional rapper. He hasn't really progressed since the late 90ties.
    Jada's dope but he's got one flow, one type of punchline and he only touches on a few subjects. "I'm in the hood like...", "my car the color of...", a random drug reference... This n*gga is generic as f*ck. He's dope but Ion tink he has much to talk about and he can't really put out a cohesive album. His sh*t will sound like whatever is hot at that moment like @usmarin3 said.

In a way he's similar to Bun B. They been featured on mad sh*t and were/ are part of a crew, but as solo artists they ain't that dope and they can't carry an album.

The only thing that separates Bun B from Jada is that Bun has a 5-mic classic under his belt. Some will agree with that, some won't..

That 5 mic is as legit as Lil Kim's 5 mics and Made Men 41/2 mic rating. lol
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 ? albums, 3 extremely mediocre ? albums. lol

You would think if it took you 5 years to drop albums that it would be some mindblowing ? ? . What is the appeal of this ? and what is this ? grand delusion off thinking he is a top 5 rapper?

? this thread..i'm bout to bump Jada in the whip today..ALL DAY...so
    tumblr_m6i0552UBN1r5j928o1_500.gif[img][/img]
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options

That 5 mic is as legit as Lil Kim's 5 mics and Made Men 41/2 mic rating. lol

Except Bun wasn't the co-owner of a magazine (Benzino) and sucking the co-owner for a classic rating or because of a serious legal matter(Lil Kim).
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another uneducated reason poster. Jadakiss is one of the best rappers from NYC ever.

yall southern ? wont admit it but kiss too advanced for yall
  • usmarin3
    Options
    qtipp73 wrote: »
    another uneducated reason poster. Jadakiss is one of the best rappers from NYC ever.

LOL at too advance, since when does rhyme schemes consisting of

1. I'm on the block like
    2. I got guns like
    3. I'm in the hood like
    4. I got more bullets than
    etc

considered good rap. Punchlines are the A.D.D. version of metaphors!
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

tumblr_m405viiZ1A1r4z98jo1_500.gif

i ? with jada but you def high or have a slight buzz if you think that lets make a rough list of rappers from NYC better than Jada (in no order)

1. Big L
    2. Jay
    3. Nas
    4. Biggie
    5. Busta
    6. KRS
    7. ?
    8. Red
    9. Raekwon
    10. Cam
    11. DMX
    12. Pun
    13. GZA
    14. Ghostface

And those are just NYC dudes off the top of the head who bar for bar are better than Jada. You wanna talk about dudes who had more successful careers i could add more to that.

• Disciplined InSight
    Options

? PLEASE.

I'm a fan of Jada but...don't take it there. Jada is mid-tier advanced but there are waaaaay more advanced NYC emcees than Jada out there.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is crazy..
    I was born and raised up north,
    but I been living in the south for over 5 years,
    and I never heard anybody talking ? about Jada's skills..

this is some new ? where the geeks/non-street dudes
    try to convince/re-write history to make it seem like
    anything hood related wasn't and isn't popping..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGx8Kw1jUxA

Jadakiss verse..

Yo, everybody's a snake
    That's why I try to keep the grass cut
    So I can see 'em when they coming
    Then I heat they ass up
    Cuz' them ? that you went to school with
    Will catch you while you in your new whip
    And turn your brains into Cool Whip
    ? that you running round getting ass with
    Ain't gon' help you do nothing but carry your casket
    Got the nerve to ask Kiss why I smoke so much
    And how I'm such a young ? that seem to know so much
    While you was running round pumping for ?
    I was listening
    And you still pumping for ?
    I'm coming through visiting
    You heard, L-O-X came through in a yellow Lex
    And hop out with the Air Force One's with yellow checks
    And you liable to see me Dolo, icing the Rolo
    Burner under the Polo, alot of y'all is homos
    Funny style ? never down with me
    Type that go to the bathroom, sit down and ?
    I'll empty your house, back of your cribs, smacking your kids
    Bullets going through your leather, cracking your ribs
    Don't even hit me on my hip if I ain't give you a code
    And I ain't got a home phone number, I live on the road
    Now I'm getting bigger checks, conference calls with bigger 'execs
    Bigger bracelets with bigger begets,
    ? y'all..