"Wii U Has a Lot of Power to Unleash, Power for Years to Come, Wii U GPU is Several Gens Ahead"

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no matter what Nintendo does Nintendo isn't going away. ninentendo has long money from over a century ago. nintento started out as a Japanese playing card company back in the late 1800's.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This section has become a joke lol!! If you 25 and up and still on some fan boy ? .............? YO SELF!!

Sad but true. ? still hurt over ? that was said 6-7 years ago when systems launched. LOL. Yea, anybody who is still feeling the same way or doing the same ? they were over half a decade ago, no matter what it is, should off themselves.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Posted by Iran White on May 29, 2013 in Iran W

“The Wii U GPU is several generations ahead of the current gen.
    It allows many things that were not possible on consoles before. If you develop for Wii U you have to take advantage of these possibilities, otherwise your performance is of course limited. Also your engine layout needs to be different. You need to take advantage of the large shared memory of the Wii U, the huge and very fast EDRAM section and the big CPU caches in the cores. Especially the workings of the CPU caches are very important to master. Otherwise you can lose a magnitude of power for cache relevant parts of your code. In the end the Wii U specs fit perfectly together and make a very efficient console when used right.”

‘We only know that you need to treat the Wii U differently than other consoles, because of a very different and in our view more accessible architecture. There is a lot of power to unleash in the Wii U. Enough power for many years to come, at least from our point of view.

‘We know many people see us as Wii U experts. That is because we got a lot of technical praise for Nano Assault Neo but it’s not well deserved. Only very tiny bits of Nano Assault Neo took advantage of the Wii U architecture. We had the game from start in 720p at 60fps. We drew the complete game world twice for TV and GamePad. We had tons of overlays, special effects and even camera streaming and still had no GPU or CPU problems. So we simply had no reason to dig deep into the architecture. We didn’t expect to be seen as the spearhead of Wii U graphics as it is undeserved, when looking at what the Wii U can truly achieve.‘

http://hdwarriors.com/wii-u-has-a-lot-of-power-to-unleash-power-for-years-to-come/
    http://hdwarriors.com/wii-u-specs-fit-perfectly-together-gpu-several-generations-ahead-of-current-gen/

Not news in any way, anyone not ? OR A SONY/MICROSOFT FAN BOY has known the Wii U is more powerful than current gen since launch. Interesting still though. Can't wait to see what Nintendo shows off.

Fixed it. Basically said the same ? I've been said. Half these cats haven't even played it lol. What's really funny is cats saying PS4 and Xbox One >>>> and ? aint even seen the systems in action yet. This section has become a joke lol!! If you 25 and up and still on some fan boy ? .............? YO SELF!!

So you have to be a fanboy to acknowledge that the PS4 and XB1 are technically superior to the Wii U?
    Stop playing dumb bruh, and stop trying to twist my words around. You a smart man, you know exactly what I'm talking about. No need to break ? down to the very last little detail. None of these systems are just flat out "blowing the others out of the water". They are pretty much the same and only differ with all that none game related ? . That's basically what this article is pointing out. None of these systems are traditionally "next gen" like sony and microsoft keep on stressing(stretching the truth).

So you gone act like you didn't see people on here judging the system off of ported games and other stupid ? ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop playing dumb bruh, and stop trying to twist my words around. You a smart man, you know exactly what I'm talking about. No need to break ? down to the very last little detail. None of these systems are just flat out "blowing the others out of the water". They are pretty much the same and only differ with all that none game related ? . That's basically what this artificial is pointing out. None of these systems are traditionally "next gen" like sony and microsoft keep on stressing(stretching the truth).

So you gone act like you didn't see people on here judging the system off of ported games and other stupid ? ?

I'm not really sure what you mean here. What does something have to be to be "traditionally next generation." The Wii, PS3, and 360 represent the 8th generation of gaming systems. Thus the Wii U, PS4, and XB1 are next generation by virtue of the fact that they are the next wave of gaming consoles. Now I'm guessing you're talking about the increase in tech not warranting a new generation, but what is the standard for advancement from generation to generation? I'm not sure what more you expect. Based on all accounts, there is a pretty big jump between the capility of all the next gen consoles to their current gen predecessors. That said, if you look at the specs, you'll see that while better than the current gen stuff, the Wii U doesn't really compare to the PS4 and XB1 from a technical standpoint. Does that mean it will suck as a gaming system in comparison? Not really, but I don't think it's all that crazy to say that the Wii U is blown out of the water especially when you consider that both Microsoft and possibly Sony are including components with their systems that essentially set the Wii apart from the PS3 and 360 and made it so popular.

xbox_one_ps4_wii_u_compared.png
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you 25 and up and still on some fan boy ? .............? YO SELF!!

LOL

• [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sony out here getting that bluray money
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WiiU weak compared to ps4 and xbone so what are we really talking about here?

LOL....and the PS4 and XBone are weak compared to PC's. Hell, let Sony stans tell it, the XBone is weak compared to the PS4. LOL. So yeah, what ARE we talking about here?

Acting like Nintendo hasn't fallen off at all when at one time it was the biggest force in gaming and is now surviving off of niche bases is just stupid.

LOL. Nintendo sold the most hardware, most software, made the most money and had the 2 highest rated games this gen. Acting like Nintendo is "surviving" or "niche" is whats stupid.

Do you know what the words surviving and niche mean? Them appealing to niche bases doesn't mean they can't be highly successful. The Wii because of its motion control and family oriented gaming was marketed as the "family fun system." That's how they kept ahead. They made themselves radically different from the 360 and PS3 and basically took themselves out of the competition. Most people would pick either the 360 or the PS3. For the most part having both was superfluous. The Wii on the other hand would serve a worthwhile function even if you had one of those other systems.

The Wii didn't have the best hardware or third party support or backing pro gaming groups like Nintendo has had in the past at various times to various degrees. That's not how they made a killing, and it's a departure from the standing Nintendo had in the past. They made a killing by finding a niche and cornering the market there. The problem is that only works as long as maintain that exclusivity. When the competition moves in on that territory which they have, you'll start to lose out which we may see in the coming generation.
    The issue is no one bought games on the wii... You know how no one buys games for the PC and is the reason epic concentrates more on consoles now.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No you're wrong. Lots of people bought games on the Wii. I think what you're trying to say is "no one bought third party games on the wii" which would be a more factual statement.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    No you're wrong. Lots of people bought games on the Wii. I think what you're trying to say is "no one bought third party games on the wii" which would be a more factual statement.

And..... Everyone bought Zelda metroid and ssmb.... That's the whole reason I bought a GameCube and the wii... My problem was will anyone buy the wiiu this gen the same way they did the wii.... I don't think so and they haven't been the Wiiu is going to flop.

After Sony finally confirmed there is no always online or game borrowing bs at all I think I'm going PS4.

I love Zelda one of the GOAT games but I think Nintendo has finally completely lost me.... I don't want a ? damn ipad for gaming. It's got too much dumb junk on it I don't even remember what the console or controllers look like they have completely turned me away.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ironically, that movie came out in 1996, the year that was the last time nintendo made a system I care about.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

And..... Everyone bought Zelda metroid and ssmb.... That's the whole reason I bought a GameCube and the wii... My problem was will anyone buy the wiiu this gen the same way they did the wii.... I don't think so and they haven't been the Wiiu is going to flop.

After Sony finally confirmed there is no always online or game borrowing bs at all I think I'm going PS4.

I love Zelda one of the GOAT games but I think Nintendo has finally completely lost me.... I don't want a ? damn ipad for gaming. It's got too much dumb junk on it I don't even remember what the console or controllers look like they have completely turned me away.

Yeah, if you look at the N64 and GC, both sold pretty bad, and it's because only people who really loved Nintendo's first party games really bought them. The Wii flipped the script because not only did it have their strong first party games, but it also had the motion controls that made them a completely unique option out of the three consoles. I see the Wii U basically fairing the same as the N64 and GC or maybe even going the way the Dreamcast did. Reason being is they are back to really only having the advantage of their strong first party. Now that both the PS4 and XB1 are pushing the motion controls as intrinsic pieces of their systems, the Wii U doesn't really offer anything special.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My PC smashing all of them
  • BlackxChild
    Options

Get out of here the PC is going away everything is going wireless even the Internet home PCs are about to be done. PCs will become tablets and not you're main source of gaming.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    This is what happens when u get youre girl a wii Wiimoting.gif
  • earth two superman
    edited June 2013
    Options

Get out of here the PC is going away everything is going wireless even the Internet home PCs are about to be done. PCs will become tablets and not you're main source of gaming.

if you are using a PC to justify not buying an xbox, I can understand. most of the best sellers on 360 are available and run better on a PC.

But telling a ps3 owner who loves their exclusives, that cares little to nothing about FPS, to get a PC is stupid. Like Sony puts any of their exclusives on PC. Let me know when Demon Souls, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, ? of War, and Last of Us show up on the PC.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh PC gaming isnt going anywhere lol ....
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hands down one of the dumbest things I've ever read and not just due to poor grammar. It's like trying to listen to someone with an ass where their mouth is supposed to be try to deliver a speech.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    And no, PC gaming isn't going away. If anything, it's easier and more accessible now than ever, thanks to Steam doing all the installation work for you.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PC will never go anywhere
    Playing games on 1080P and 60FPS man.

You serious?
  • BlackxChild
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hands down one of the dumbest things I've ever read and not just due to poor grammar. It's like trying to listen to someone with an ass where their mouth is supposed to be try to deliver a speech.
    PCs are going away, eventually everything will be going to tablets and wireless cellphone devices. Even youre broadband internet will turn into LTE.... Its going to happen get over it. PC sales are constantly dropping its just something thats expected to happen whether you like it or not. Im friends with the brother of the guy who created the chainsaw gun from gears of war he'll tell you the same thing. Why do you think epic is moving away from the PC.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I think you're mixing two concepts up.

Popular PC usage being replaced by smart phones and tablets doesn't really have any bearing on the PC gaming market. People who buy their PCs specifically for gaming purposes won't stop doing that just because they can do everything else on a tablet.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    I think you're mixing two concepts up.

Popular PC usage being replaced by smart phones and tablets doesn't really have any bearing on the PC gaming market. People who buy their PCs specifically for gaming purposes won't stop doing that just because they can do everything else on a tablet.

Gaming will soley go to consoles. Look at the direction EPIC games went look at Blizzard. Their all moving towards consoles the developers themselves will tell you PC gaming is dying. If you are a PC gamer I bet you have a console too. If you know PC gamers they have most of their games on consoles.