M$: "We Will ? Sony at E3"

focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
Microsoft – Xbox One Will Surprise The World At E3By
Alex Schmitz on May 30, 2013@gamechup

Microsoft seem to be raring to go at Sony and prove a point at E3 this year. Their Xbox One reveal conference turned out to be disappointing for most people, but it looks like they have yet to reveal a lot of things.

This shouldn’t be a surprise, really, because the company has spent $1 billion on Xbox One games. Will Sony match that amount of spending by Microsoft? We will see at E3, however, Microsoft is looking extremely confident based on the comments of Craig Davidson, who is the director of global marketing at the company.

“Xbox One will surprise the world during E3,” Davidson said in a recent interview, and added, “We will ? Sony at E3″.

This seems to be something that Ken Kutaragi would have said and such arrogance does not bode well for the company. However, they seem to be motivated and that’s a good thing.

Earlier Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg had said that they are definitely listening to fan feedback and said that E3 is all about games and they have a lot to share.

Via IGN Spain (Translated).

http://www.gamechup.com/microsoft-xbox-one-will-surprise-the-world-at-e3/

I agree that this sounds more like something Sony would say. Interesting nonetheless. M$ must have something big up their sleeve.

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I like to see.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Microsoft is dumb. Why would they even set themselves up like this? It's great if they have a lot of stuff to reveal, but they have no idea what Sony is coming with.
  • The Lonious Monk
    I mean, what are they supposed to say? "We'll do aight, I guess. Hey, at least we're not Shenco."

They could not say anything or simply say they have big plans for E3. There was no need to even mention Sony.

• Karl.
    Major feelings in that post. Sony doesn't need your cape, son.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the nature of the business. You can tell focus felt like a ? at the Colonel's when he read that quote though.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hopefully they show off alot of games worth coppin.....all tv slide ? and sports ain't gonna make me buy an xbox....games first and foremost
  • The Lonious Monk
    Karl. wrote: »

lol You're misunderstanding me. It's not about caping for Sony. It's about marketing that doesn't backfire for M$. They just came out of an event that left most people disappointed. Why would they set themselves up for that again. They have no idea what Sony is coming with and have already been surprised once by what Sony's held back, so why even mention Sony? If they had just said they were going to impress at E3 and then came with something tight, they would have met expectations and all would have been good. By marketing the way they are, they pretty much have to blow Sony out of the water or they will disappoint again. That's not a smart move.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Sony with what?

PS3 > xbone
    PS4 > xbone

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Theodis

Making formal request to unban KOA, despite his habits, that ? would be hilarious right about now.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Kinect is really the death star so they are planning to vaporize SCEA HQ with a massive laser beam? ? just got real.

Also I did not know spending had anything to do with quality? They can spend as much money as they want as with Kinect, but it can still be garbage ...as with Kinect.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Microsoft sounded like a scorned ? ... Xbone is gonna fail, and then them ? gonna commit that
  • VulcanRaven
    Karl. wrote: »

lol You're misunderstanding me. It's not about caping for Sony. It's about marketing that doesn't backfire for M$. They just came out of an event that left most people disappointed. Why would they set themselves up for that again. They have no idea what Sony is coming with and have already been surprised once by what Sony's held back, so why even mention Sony? If they had just said they were going to impress at E3 and then came with something tight, they would have met expectations and all would have been good. By marketing the way they are, they pretty much have to blow Sony out of the water or they will disappoint again. That's not a smart move.
    Yeah and Since that 2006 E3 Sony has destroyed MS at every even following. This is the Kinect build up all over again I expect to see Milo make an appearance. Only an idiot would not realize that Sony has delivered more in the last 5 years at E3 than MS which games like The Last of Us and Beyond 2 Souls as proof. What has MS even conceived that was good in the last 3 or so years?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this the same attitude Sony had coming into last gen?
  • VulcanRaven
    Nah Sony never said anything like this which is funny that people call them arrogant, but the PS3 is better than the 360 so it does not matter.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    to be fair sony was arrogant in its own way. to say people will get second jobs or do overtime or whatever to buy a ps3? its fine to say that in your own meetings or whatever but to say that to the press? wtf
  • VulcanRaven
    Yeah they were tripping to say that stupid ? , but at least they delivered a GAMING console and never claimed to ? the competition.
  • focus
    Damn Raging, it'll be okay son. I'm sure M$ didn't mean it. Feel better lil ?
  • VulcanRaven
    What is this clown talking about lol after E3 I expect you to pull another disappearing act like last year.
  • focus
    Im saying tho, you takin these comments M$ made kinda hard.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Poor little ps4, if only sony could abort it.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    Microsoft – Xbox One Will Surprise The World At E3By
    Alex Schmitz on May 30, 2013@gamechup

Microsoft seem to be raring to go at Sony and prove a point at E3 this year. Their Xbox One reveal conference turned out to be disappointing for most people, but it looks like they have yet to reveal a lot of things.

This shouldn’t be a surprise, really, because the company has spent $1 billion on Xbox One games. Will Sony match that amount of spending by Microsoft? We will see at E3, however, Microsoft is looking extremely confident based on the comments of Craig Davidson, who is the director of global marketing at the company.

“Xbox One will surprise the world during E3,” Davidson said in a recent interview, and added, “We will ? Sony at E3″.

This seems to be something that Ken Kutaragi would have said and such arrogance does not bode well for the company. However, they seem to be motivated and that’s a good thing.

Earlier Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg had said that they are definitely listening to fan feedback and said that E3 is all about games and they have a lot to share.

Via IGN Spain (Translated).

http://www.gamechup.com/microsoft-xbox-one-will-surprise-the-world-at-e3/

I agree that this sounds more like something Sony would say. Interesting nonetheless. M$ must have something big up their sleeve.

BurstOutLaughing.gif
  • Karl.
    Microsoft clearly targeted those casual cats that own an Xbox, cod and madden. There are a lot of them. Casual gamers is where the money is.

E3 is where the nerds and hard cores will be. It's way too early to tell anyway.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is e3 again?
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    When is e3 again?

6/11