“I think we need to stop acting like no one can do better than Jay, Ye, or Nas"-J.Cole

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked GKMC more than life is good. Kendrick could do it.

J.Cole needs to stop releasing albums that are worse than his mixtapes.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly...Sideline story don't een exist to me outside of the singles...I could say the same for Wiz's "Rolling Papers"...When I go back and listen they weren't terrible...Just extremely forgettable...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    realness is ? , ?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree the same could be said about sports these back in my day the game was rougher dudes get on my nerves. yes the game was rougher but if you try to push lebron or paul george or any nba or nfl player and your from an earlier error your getting your ass beat by these guys.

I also wonder how nas jay and ye as well as many other rappers would do if their first album dropped in 2012. Yes we agree they have classic albums but would those albums be cleared to drop or shelved because their isn't a hip pop single? Would they even get a deal or be forced to Joey Badass mixtape it up for a bit before getting noticed?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Cosign what he said and these new ? is too friendly with each other too, COMPETITION IS GOOD.

What does being friendly have to do with competition? Only ? spitting weak raps about how much he's friends with other rappers is Drake.

J. Cole needs to adopt that '? every verse' philosophy that Kendrick Lamar and Big K.R.I.T. have.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Cole is better then Kanye!
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne wears the friendship bracelet drake made for him every day
  • A1000MILES
    "I hope he ain't hit the one wit the shenanigans. He hit the shenanigans?"
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "? always acting unsensative and ? "

"? that ain't no word"

"? shut up"
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? I gotta pack of blacks and a beat CD, get yo freestyles ready
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cole is right, but Ye is still up and running his damn self.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gkmc is going to be considered a classic just at the reactions people are giving the skits

Cole is right though out of the three (him, kdot and drizzy) he will have the smallest impact.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh

i cant see anyone topping jay as far as sales and number 1 singles go

And i cant see anybody as of right now having the cultural impact of a jay or ye

And kdot, Cole, drizzy, etc arent half the MC nas is or was....

So yea the future is looking alil bleak lol
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll never do better than Jay, Ye, or Nas. No disrespect to Cole or his comments though, it's just the nature of today's industry and radio stations. I always thought Nas was the greatest rapper of all time, and then in '06 Lupe dropped Food & Liquor. I thought that Lupe would take Nas' place, but even he couldn't escape the ? . The industry not only stifled him creatively, it also took his heart out of the music that he USED to love to make. As long as the industry forces them to make songs like "Mr. Nice Watch," "HYFR," "Real," and other ? , they will never make good enough albums, to have good enough catalogs, to have a good enough legacies to compete with their predecessors.

• Ear2DaSt
  • A1000MILES
    Far as new artists...We can't see nobody toppin the ? who already did it, cause this out lifetime...In our kids lifetime, someone will undoubtedly do it...

Far as Cole...Naw, I can't see him bein a legend right now...But hopefully, he just gon keep on steppin it up and get to that point...? forget that nobody really cared bout Jay when he first came out...
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bundles was the last cat that could have been on that status, that I've heard. And they most notably jay knew it and respected the kid.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh

i cant see anyone topping jay as far as sales and number 1 singles go

And i cant see anybody as of right now having the cultural impact of a jay or ye

And kdot, Cole, drizzy, etc arent half the MC nas is or was....

So yea the future is looking alil bleak lol

That's exactly the ? Cole is saying now. I think K.Dot would murder Nas on a feature right now.
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the fans who think that, only kendrick deserve the crown right now
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of ya doubtin/hatin on Cole is gonna be in for a rude awakening on June 18th. Watch.