“I think we need to stop acting like no one can do better than Jay, Ye, or Nas"-J.Cole

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well just about everyone does better than jayz and kanye as of late

legend or not jayz has fallen way off since the blueprint, kanye was really never worth listening to

• nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new legends no no new
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Been sayin we need to move on for a couple yrs now....plenty ? doin they thing right now...? is just as good n I ain't no young bul sayin this, I grew up on all dat ? n even went back to da hip hop b4 my time...

I enjoy lords never worry just as much as 36 chambers...get mad lol
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U gotta have a least a classic to be considered a legend none of these new ? got a classic album definitely not Cole Rown
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MadSirius wrote: »
    Smh

i cant see anyone topping jay as far as sales and number 1 singles go

And i cant see anybody as of right now having the cultural impact of a jay or ye

And kdot, Cole, drizzy, etc arent half the MC nas is or was....

So yea the future is looking alil bleak lol

That's exactly the ? Cole is saying now. I think K.Dot would murder Nas on a feature right now.

Lol

? please...

Kdot is not touching nas lyricly...nas is also a better story teller

Kdot is all flow

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legends take time. Bet ? didn't see Kobe being one of greatest to ever do it did they?
    ? take time. Gotta crawl before you can walk my ?
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only reason Hip Hop doesn't grow as often is because rappers are too worried about trying to stay in their lane and not try to beat out those that came before them. Nothing wrong with wanting to be Bette than those before you as long as you aren't disrespectful about it
  • eternal soldier
  • eternal soldier
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    They got a whole lot of stepping up to do. Drake is the only new school ? that's on path to being a legend due to his legit talent and game changing impact. Kendrick Lesbian and J Cole are 2 garbage rappers that uses drake formula to survive. (emotional songs about women, syrupy hooks, singing) GKMC is a take care rip off. Sideline ? story is a rip off of thank me later. J cole and Kendrick will never have a project that can touch Nas or Jay Z weakest album.

cmon-son.jpg

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn mad respect for J.Cole finally ? want to live up to their potential instead of rapping with their tails tucked between their legs. One day there will be a better rapper then all of them including Pac and Biggie. I wonder how many rappers stunted their growth with this subservient mentality. Just like there will be a better basektball player then Jordan or Kobe. Humans evole....
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Legends take time. Bet ? didn't see Kobe being one of greatest to ever do it did they?
    ? take time. Gotta crawl before you can walk my ?

Quoted for trillness
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what would be the ultimate ether? If Jay-Z got inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame but Nas didn't.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    You know what would be the ultimate ether? If Jay-Z got inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame but Nas didn't.

Not really. That probably will end up happening anyway.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wale been saying this.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing with this generation too, i don't think we will ever see a super rapper again. As ? as he is, Lil Wayne is the last of the superstar rappers. These new ? (Cole, Kendrick,etc carry themselves as dudes next door, they're too humble.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell Cole try going platinum first before he mentions himself among those other 5 platinum selling artists.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Chief keef got a better chance of being a legend before j.cole

Ain't nobody wanna hear that positive rap. Those days are long gone. Jay and nas came in an era where tree hugger ass ? like atcq and de la soul were popular. And they had a fresh sound which made their fans stick with them all the way since the 90's

Remind me of what fresh sound j.cole has made? Or original? Need to sit his unibrown ass down
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He named 3 ? wit classic debut albums...but I'm rooting for somebody in the new era to be up there
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he acts as if he is releasing music of the caliber that is UNIVERSALLY (in and out of hip hop media & fan circles) celebrated and accepted. the only 2 doing that are KRIT and Kendrick. the rest is decent to good for people checking for new hip hop in 2012-13

Kendrick released an album a couple months after Nas released his best album in a decade. fans, journalists, critics alike didnt hold onto nostalgia & try to protect Nas's honor. We gave K.Dot his props. point being Kendrick produced the material worthy of it. These ? just wanna get on & have everyone move out their way so they can shine. this is just a more subtle way of sayin "nas & jay are too old, let us young ? shine" like stopit5 said= put it in a rap- thats WHAT Nas, Jay & Ye and Kendrick & KRIT are doin now

Maybe he never stopped & realized that maybe people think & say this because you just arent
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ "Kendrick Lesbian"..

Gurl! I know you want this ? !

• cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanye's a legend?
  • DavyBlue
    DavyBlue Members Posts: 95
    J Cole i like a young Russell Westbrook getting his foot into the game they need him....Drake and kdot ? ? are like the Bulls without Rose
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmaooo@ most on here not mentioning nor giving Drake propz, its kool tho, his peers do.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Yamoley wrote: »
    that fragile ? , Kanye....

This made me laugh because I will never get the appeal of that mush mouthed ? . Just cause he raps with Jay doesn't mean they're on the same level skill wise. ? is the blandest mainstream rapper since Hammer. He's only a legend in his own mind and in the minds of mouth breathing nigglets young enough to have grown up on his frail ass music but J. Cole still won't be worthy of even cleaning his shoes in the end. Thumbs up on that sig too; Jessica Lucas >>>

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chief keef got a better chance of being a legend before j.cole

if the goal is how many continuous days you can go without showering

Then keef Is on his way to legend status