Large Professor says "Ether" was Watered Down (Combat Jack)

Options

Comments

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Man, now I want to hear it.

Oh, and its worth clicking the link. Its a nice short video.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I think Nas had plenty of time to think about how to approach Jigga, and he wanted to get it right and be able to sting him without really causing a big situation. I mean Beans/Jada, Royce/Proof...I can't think of all of them but there were beefs that did get camps involved and have them take it serious.

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Nerds out weight da cool people Jay-Z wins!
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry I can't see it.. lookin at nas' history as a diss rapper.. personally I see no evidence he coulda went harder than the ether we know..
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I call ? .. but then again i never thought ether was all that vicious...good diss? Yea.. but ive heard way more vicious diss songs... ? and big lipped jokes arent hard for elementary kids to do on a playground
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall some funny folks ? said nas couldn't afford the full diss
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ people not buying it. Why would Large Professor and Swizz just pull ? like that? Like Nas said "ayooo lie and say I did two ethers but wait until Jay and I are cool with one another"
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ people not buying it. Why would Large Professor and Swizz just pull ? like that? Like Nas said "ayooo lie and say I did two ethers but wait until Jay and I are cool with one another"

Cosign! However I look at like the version of Ether we got is the one Nas was comfortable with. He did for a reason. Only he knows why.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Nas needs to be thankful he released this version this unreleased version might of been more vicious but perhaph couldve ended up being a dud or something
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    that ether couldve ended Jay-z career just like that second round knockout couldve ended ll cool js
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Options
    Nas needs to be thankful he released this version this unreleased version might of been more vicious but perhaph couldve ended up being a dud or something

Agreed! I don't think it's an unreleased version but maybe some lines or a different hook or something. He chose wisely though.

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ I don't buy it. Yall also don't buy that Jay recorded a diss verse for Nas on the Oh Boy Remix and Cam made him take it off because it was wack as ? too huh?

Word it's a conspiracy. Scarface, Swizz Beats, Large Pro and everyone around just making ? up because Nas came up with some intricate plan to manipulate listeners minds even though he already was declared winner of the battle unanimous decision.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO

@buttah_b noticing the stans of Jigga.

Damn.

I actually want to hear the unreleased ether song.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Lol @ I don't buy it. Yall also don't buy that Jay recorded a diss verse for Nas on the Oh Boy Remix and Cam made him take it off because it was wack as ? too huh?

Word it's a conspiracy. Scarface, Swizz Beats, Large Pro and everyone around just making ? up because Nas came up with some intricate plan to manipulate listeners minds even though he already was declared winner of the battle unanimous decision.

When was this?

Maybe there was a more vicious version of Ether, we'll never hear it though, so I couldn't care less about the ? .
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More vicious how? It had worse name calling?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read that that Nas had lines about Big Pun hitting Jay Z with a bottle on the other version of Ether, but Fat Joe asked him to take it off
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dub_Deux wrote: »
    Nas won

That's theoretically impossible.

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »

When was this?

Maybe there was a more vicious version of Ether, we'll never hear it though, so I couldn't care less about the ? .

When I say unanimous it's not in the literal sense. Of course most big Jay fans and Nas fans believe their rapper won but the consensus among unbiased listeners is Nas won the rap battle. My point is there is no reason for everybody to make up some corroborating story about other verses that were made when it's already agreed on that Nas won the battle.
  • Polo_Loco
    Polo_Loco Members Posts: 22
    Options
    Nas once said there was suppose to be a track on Gods son where he really went at everybody but he said they got rid of it to make sure it didnt leak.
    yes I remember that..

• Polo_Loco
    Polo_Loco Members Posts: 22
    Options
    Nas should have released it and finished him off.. smh.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The battle should have really looked like this:

Ether original version vs. Takeover with all verses dedicated to Nas

? would have been even more epic. But ? all that bruh its 2013
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Release the orginal dammit
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vicious doesn't mean good or better. . It could just mean more ? .. yall actin like yall heard it and know its goat.. I looked at nas diss history and he just doesn't go hard.. cam calls disses his moms.. jay leaves condoms on Destiny baby seat and the hardest nas goes is "chicks called you ugly"? I'm sorry I didn't livr in new york but in philly we thought ether was just "aight".. look at all the diss songs and radio freestyles in the diss era.. it was bars all iver the place.. ether was light to us.. I'm still smh at why hov was mumblin like a ? over it.. maybe the climate was different in NY when ether came out.. then again we didn't have radio stations slurping the ? and having polls after just 2 diss songs