Does 2pac Have 3 Consecutive Masterpieces?

Options

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Ghostface Killah

Ironman
    Supreme Clientele
    Pretty Tony Album
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac is argualbly the best ARTIST Hip Hop has ever seen but....there are a few with 3 consecutive classics....

Outkast
    -Southernplayalistic...
    -ATLiens
    -Aquemini
    (some people count Stankonia)

Tribe
    -People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm
    -The Low End Theory
    -Midnight Marauders
    (Some people count Beats, Rhymes, & Life)

Ice Cube
    -Ameriakka Most Wanted
    -Death Certficate
    -The Predator
    (som people count Lethal Injection)

Kanye West
    -College Dropout
    -Late Registration
    -Graduation

ETC....
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Tupac is argualbly the best ARTIST Hip Hop has ever seen but....there are a few with 3 consecutive classics....

Outkast
    -Southernplayalistic...
    -ATLiens
    -Aquemini

Tribe
    -People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm
    -The Low End Theory
    -Midnight Marauders

Ice Cube
    -Ameriakka Most Wanted
    -Death Certficate
    -The Predator

Kanye West
    -College Dropout
    -Late Registration
    -Graduation

ETC....

Remove Kanye and tribe and I ? with that list
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Devin The Dude have 4 classics imo
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I think Devin The Dude have 4 classics imo

tumblr_ll7j7glTsw1qd48zdo1_500_zps97828f60.gif
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    MATW is Pac's best album IMO. AEOM and 7th Dat Theory were classics too. If Pac would have lived past 96 he could have dropped more classics in the late 90's smh.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac stans are the worst. 4-6 classics? lol. I might give you All Eyes on Me but 2 is the MAX this guys has. I still don't thing any project on par with illmatic, blueprint, ready to die etc
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac stans are the worst. 4-6 classics? lol. I might give you All Eyes on Me but 2 is the MAX this guys has. I still don't thing any project on par with illmatic, blueprint, ready to die etc

Give us? stop that

Pac has 3 classics.

and Yea if was alive he couldve had 4-6 the albums I listed where good albums but if Pac had his hand in it probably wouldve been a classic.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol dude said read to die....your excused from rap discussions now

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes MATW, AEOM and 7 Day Theory are classics and the scary part was he was no where near his peak at 25, The One Nation album could have been a classic as well
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real ? i ? wit pac heavy but ya ? make pac fans look bad, ya duck ass ? aint even live the era n truth is wasnt nobody talkin that classic ? when he was alive whereas r2d and illmatic were viewed as instant classics when they came out gettin love and critical acclaim from almost every media source out....

ya corny ? gotta stop putting that classic label on everything thats good to great, only a few true classics in this hip hop ?

• bck145
    Options
    rico_ENS wrote: »
    real ? i ? wit pac heavy but ya ? make pac fans look bad, ya duck ass ? aint even live the era n truth is wasnt nobody talkin that classic ? when he was alive whereas r2d and illmatic were viewed as instant classics when they came out gettin love and critical acclaim from almost every media source out....

ya corny ? gotta stop putting that classic label on everything thats good to great, only a few true classics in this hip hop ?

umm....i'm pretty sure even back then everyone knew matw was a classic....all eyez on me was basically a classic before it came out...it was so anticipated that it wasn't even funny, tupac shakur hooking up with the greatest rap record label ever, ppl were soo hyped about it
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

Outkast
    -Southernplayalistic...-ATLiens
    -Aquemini

Tribe
    -People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm-The Low End Theory
    -Midnight Marauders

Ice Cube
    -Ameriakka Most Wanted-Death Certficate
    -The Predator

Kanye West
    -College Dropout
    -Late Registration
    -Graduation

ETC....

anything in bold is not a classic....good try though

What did Kanye do to you for you to have such strong feelings every time his name is brought up
  • Kellmill
    Options

? talk about instant classics and about what era you lived in. An album that ages well is more proof that it deserves to be called a classic.

All Eyez On Me and Me Against The World are the definition of a classic album. The only song that isn't classic material is What's Your Phone Number (still don't know why he put that ? on there, but anyways). In my opinion Pac could school a lot of these young cats in the game on how to make a commercially viable album that gets love from the underground "hip hop heads" and everybody else.

Never in my life did I ever think I would have to debate about whether AEOM or MATW were classics. SMH
  • letsgetitalready
    letsgetitalready Members Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup. All at the age of 25 R.I.P.
  • bck145
    Options

[/quote]

What did Kanye do to you for you to have such strong feelings every time his name is brought up[/quote]

nothing, he's just not very good and i find it soo hard to believe ppl actually listen to him...someone's gotta re-direct all the followers

plus him and beyonce ruined jayz career....take notice when they came around how his career went to ?
    oh and he was the pioneer of turning rap into what it is today....the great depression of rap
  • Kellmill
    Options

What did Kanye do to you for you to have such strong feelings every time his name is brought up[/quote]

nothing, he's just not very good and i find it soo hard to believe ppl actually listen to him...someone's gotta re-direct all the followers

plus him and beyonce ruined jayz career....take notice when they came around how his career went to ?
    oh and he was the pioneer of turning rap into what it is today....the great depression of rap[/quote]

If it wasn't for Ye that Blueprint album that you love so much wouldn't be ?
  • bck145
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »

What did Kanye do to you for you to have such strong feelings every time his name is brought up

oh and he was the pioneer of turning rap into what it is today....the great depression of rap[/quote]

If it wasn't for Ye that Blueprint album that you love so much wouldn't be ?
    [/quote]

oh i wasn't aware he rapped on that album....good point
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I'm a say is no, he don't have 3 classics. He has a good catalog (living, posthumous ? don't count) but being honest I don't see how AEOM is a "classic" when its 2 discs and a lot of the ? is forgettable. Its his biggest album that's for sure but the album wasn't all that really.

MATW is great, definitely his best album but everything else ranges from very good (Strictly...) To meh (2pacalypse). ? love Makaveli and its not wack but the ? aint all that to be honest.

2pac was a better MC in the early 90s, he showed some great promise on 2pacalypse, delivered on Strictly & MATW, then started tapering off.
  • bck145
    Options
    if ur using the producer arguement, it's not very good but he had his hand in blueprint 3 way more and you see how that album turned out
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is saying Eric B. and Rakim, Redman and ATCQ reaching?
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh i was 13 when he died, I was in that era and they were saying MATW and AEOM were classics and after he died 7 Day Theory became a classic
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Eyez On Me is not a classic now?? I see the usual suspects trying to rewrite history