Who do you think has a better catalog: Jay-Z or Kanye?

Options
1235»

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Yeezy
    yall overanalzying this ? .. aint nobody trying to say kanye a better rapper. its clearly jay. but kanye albums are better than jay's. jay has ? that is weak and disappointing. kanye does not. kanye has arguably atleast 3 classics.. same goes for jay. but damn near every other jay album is good to average to plain ? garbage. the other kanye albums are great to good. lyrics aint got ? to do for an album. if we discussing who is a better RAPPER then yeah but we not.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    Sorry for the titan. I have both these guys in my top 5 discography wise but when we compare Kanyes catalogue to any bonafide MC it can never just be "who better"

Also: Kanyes music is/was seen a breath of fresh air & he has that riding for him & is diefied b/c he speaks for a lot of people who didnt feel represented.
    While Jay is someone who's albums & verses became the most in demand during a time when Hip Hop was dominating every aspect of youth & american culture. So there are totally different influences & factors when comparing their albums. Makin it more than just a song for song checklist
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeezy
    ? in here acting like kanye spits garbage and only his beats are hot

ye's lyrics are more nas'ish than Jay...jay only talks bout his damn self
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    Smh ya'll acting like the jay " duds" didn't have gems on them bp2 the gift cd watcher, my way, dream, excuse me miss, hovi baby, the bounce all dope 6outta 11 I could add me and my girl friend too but anyway the curse cd you don't know, meet the parents, some how, some people hate, blueprint 2, ? please, what they gonna do, ? and sisters, show you how, 8 outta 15 and I like diamonds and guns and roses so really 10 outta 15 so outta 26 tracks 17 are dope. and this is considered a bad jay album gtfoh. Jay is that nugga !
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    how in the hell are kanye's albums better? has anyone actually listened to 808's or his ? fantasy....the ? sounds terrible, especially that last album...not sure what he was trying to do there but he was def trying to hard to break a mold or something and it didn't work out, easy as that

being different doesn't make it good, that albums noises were soo sloppy and just plain annoying, this is rap not broadway musical, push boundaries but do it so it sounds good not like trash

plus if nikki minaj as untalented as she is bodies every verse kanye spits on the whole album, in one verse then wtf
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeezy
    Nicki has some of the best ghost writer's in the game thanks to the YM affiliation though.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeezy
    ? are reacting on emotions
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeezy
    Lol ? mad damn
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    I don't think it is a good comparision because Jay has so much more work out. I might go Ye if it was since Ye was active but overall no.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    Kanye has great music.. in time there's a big possibility.. right now.. hov
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    This ? is stupid
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Nicki has some of the best ghost writer's in the game thanks to the YM affiliation though.

"It's going down, basement"
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    Kanye can not make an album better than REASONABLE DOUBT...
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    I honestly never saw the big deal with Kanye.....and the word classic gets thrown around way too much....lmao @ knaye having 3 classics....yeah ok
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    Jay's Classics >>>>>>>>>> Ye's Classics

But the ironic thing is Ye played a role in one of Jay's Classics.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Yeezy
    going to base my vote purely on the average quality of each man's albums. they've both got a lot of merit in each of their catalogs and, i suppose, to some extent, the question is whether you're siding with the superior rapper or the superior producer. but ? it, going with Kanye here.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Jay
    Bumpin this thread just to say how proud I am of my Reason heads. Had me lost there for a min.
  • kjrain12
    kjrain12 Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    ^So basically one has strength in production and the other has strength in actual rapping? Thanks for the new info! ;)
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeezy
    I know Kanye can't make an album better than AG, BP or RD but I thought we wefe talking about the average quality overall?
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    Kanye Fest?........oh hell no
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay
    Kanye will eventually surpass everyone.
  • InGodWeTrust
    InGodWeTrust Members Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    Options
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeezy
    Kanye's catalog is more solid. Both have the same amount of classic albums (two), but Jay has 2-3 below average albums (Kingdom Come, BP2 and BP3) where Kanye arguably has one. Neither have an album that I would say was "wack", but Jay definitely has some albums that were underwhelming or below average.