The Killing - Season 3 (AMC)

Options
marc123
marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
The third season of the AMC American crime drama television series The Killing is scheduled to premiere on June 2, 2013, with a two-hour episode. The season will consist of 12 episodes. The series was developed and produced by Veena Sud and based on the Danish series, Forbrydelsen (The Crime). Set in Seattle, Washington, this season follows detectives Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder as they investigate a string of murders that connect to a previous case of Linden's. AMC originally announced that they had canceled the series in July 2012, but, in January 2013, officially announced it would return for a third season

tk-s3-key-art-796.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bisS6Jj3d8k

classic grim, dark, serial cop drama. cant wait!

Comments

• Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The killing was my ? and I hoped it was coming back. The last season was too real.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    still havent seen the 1st season lol, Im gonna watch it though
  • marc123
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    The killing was my ? and I hoped it was coming back. The last season was too real.

cosign

yea, season 2 was the truth. got damn @ the season finale and the final 10 or so minutes. i acutally felt sorry for the killer. damn. classic "who done it" murder mystery.

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea that finale was great tv...just the way they did things a little different made you emotional...like when they showed them shopping for caskets and how she looked made up before her funeral...just not sure they can capture that ? again but ill be tuned it
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    found this ? randomly on Netflix or on demand don't remember but pretty much watched the first two seasons in a weekend was good. owed my girl an apology because she actualy she found it and i told her it looked lame.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is pretty good news. A pleasant surprise to be so soon too. I thought it was cancelled after Season 2.
  • marc123
    Options
    I thought it was cancelled after Season 2.

it was. then uncancelled after Netflix decided to pay half the production costs.

• marc123
    edited June 2013
    Options
    btw, I think its ? . that I have seen NO commericals for this. AMC is setting it up to fail imo. Im sure they ran some commericals durin Mad Men. but if you watch AMC you pretty much kno about the killing. but NO commericals on TNT during the NBA playoffs, NO commericals during Bates Motel, im pretty sure No commericals during Hannibal. i mean they did NOT even re-air season 2 during this past week to get ppl back into it or bring in new ppl. WTF?! AMC be bout some ? @ times. smh
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great show, will be tuning back into this season.
  • kakihara
    kakihara Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    Options
    Just finished season 2 last week. Once you think it's someone they throw a curve ball. I enjoy the show so I'll be watchin.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thinkin I might bail on this series. Sarah Linden is just a nutcase. The only other character I really give a ? about is Holder. If Stan Larsen isn't in this series I really can't take it serious.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Thinkin I might bail on this series. Sarah Linden is just a nutcase. The only other character I really give a ? about is Holder. If Stan Larsen isn't in this series I really can't take it serious.

i was hoping that if they did a season 3 linden would be gone and it be holder runnin the show....sad to see that isnt the case
  • marc123
    Options

i was hoping that if they did a season 3 linden would be gone and it be holder runnin the show....sad to see that isnt the case

there were early rumors that it would be Holder and a new partner...guess that fell thru, if it was true.

• marc123
    edited June 2013
    Options
    overall, it was a solid season premier.

good to catch up on Linden & Holder. solid big bad, who may actually be innocent. the street kids turning tricks for a couple dollars is hella sad. but that main street kid Bullet, was alil over the top and corny. Linden STILL appears to be on the verge of mental break down. and STILL treating her son like ? .

and in classic "The Killing" style. nothing really happens until the last 2 minutes. then BOOM. credits. but the preview they showed looked crazy.

• Will Munny
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

good to catch up on Linden & Holder. solid big bad, who may actually be innocent. the street kids turning tricks for a couple dollars is hella sad. but that main street kid Bullet, was alil over the top and corny. Linden STILL appears to be on the verge of mental break down. and STILL treating her son like ? .

and in classic "The Killing" style. nothing really happens until the last 2 minutes. then BOOM. credits. but the preview they showed looked crazy.

C/S. But I laughed my ass off when Holder grabbed it by the shirt and said he would mop the floor with its baby butch ? haircut.
  • marc123
    edited June 2013
    Options

C/S. But I laughed my ass off when Holder grabbed it by the shirt and said he would mop the floor with its baby butch ? haircut.

yea

and got damn @ callin a 14 year old female kid a "butch" i was like. "wow, zero ? given by Holder."

• Will Munny
    Options
    Holder been punkin out kids since seasons 1. It was funny as hell he kept calling him "little man"
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait... The Killing is back? Thank you IC.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand it was return to a season of catching up with the characters but they gotta cut that save everything for the end of the episode ? . I watched because it's good tv but if they don't get right into some suspense it's gonna lose people's attention before they get a chance.

I wouldn't be surprised if people who are new to the show tuned out after hour 1 before they showed the bodies.

Peter Skarsgard looks like he is gonna ? the role as the criminal on death row.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    i see where they going but am i really supposed to believe dude taking a murder beef and execution when he's really innocent?

can't front tho looks interesting to see where they go and the ? broad and that ring gonna be part of the story somehow
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    I understand it was return to a season of catching up with the characters but they gotta cut that save everything for the end of the episode ? . I watched because it's good tv but if they don't get right into some suspense it's gonna lose people's attention before they get a chance.

I wouldn't be surprised if people who are new to the show tuned out after hour 1 before they showed the bodies.

Peter Skarsgard looks like he is gonna ? the role as the criminal on death row.

Yeah that first hour was brutally slow.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    yea i think they were trying to give some background on Callie and how ? up her life is....? was slow af
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Enjoyed the first 2 seasons ad love the fact that new episodes are uploaded to Netflix a day after it airs on AMC...

Holder was hilarious and I know he wants to ? down Linden....

? gotta a crazy look in her eye
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think she did a fairly good job....butch ? in real life are over the top! Sounds bad to say but she deserved what she got at the end...at the end of the day she's still a ? !

So yall just gon overlook the fact @Will said "it"...

ub1evzps61964b95.gif

Hilarious
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Holder been punkin out kids since seasons 1. It was funny as hell he kept calling him "little man"

Don't forget this subtle little zinger