I'm not a big NBA fan, so I'm wondering what other people see in it.

13»

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Whole lotta people catchin feelings over this question. The league doesn't have enough competition at the top. The league is pretty predictable. People admit they don't really watch the regular season. The all-star game gets better ratings than some of the playoff series. So apparently a lot of people don't really mess with the NBA that much. So I was just asking what draws you to the NBA? The playoffs are watered down. The regular season is drawn out and a lot of people (even fans) don't have much interest in it. About 40% of the playoff series aren't competitive. People are gettin mad, but not saying I'm wrong

This isn't even a debatable premise that's why.

You asked why people like NBA. Not why is nba > nfl or something like that.

Obviously NFL > NBA, and yes the pool of potential champions in the nba is less than that of the nfl.

? already gave you the reasons why.

You are in here stating the obvious.

What are you talkin about?. Other people brought up the NFL..not me. In fact, you mentioned the NFL in two posts in here before I said anything about it. And my question seems to be a legit one. People admitted that they don't really ? with the regular season much. I said like 40% of playoff seriesaren't even competitive. So there you have the regular season and a big chunk of the playoffs not being competitive. So IMO that makes asking what draws people in, a legit question. One person said a hometown team, one person said athleticism, and one said adversarial competition. Those are the answers you mean when people already gave me the reasons why? Cuz those can be for any sport...athletes, rivalries, and a local team.

Yes, those are peoples reasons.

Yes the league is predictable.

Yes you have a good chance of guessing the champion out of a pool of 4-5 teams.

Im saying... no one is saying "you are wrong", cuz all the ? you saying is obvious.
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    NFL football is my favorite sport, just saying. On the topic, I grew up playing basketball and watching it, so therefore I am and will always be a fan of the NBA. Although it has become sort of predictable, it is still a beautiful game to watch when played the right way.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said Supreme.

The outcome is predictable a lot. Thats why I truely believe the schedules these teams are given are done on purpose. You'll have a good team on the 5th game of their 5 game road trip playing a bad team on their home court after a two day rest.

With that being said, regardless of the end result I love watching Lebron dunk on Jason Terry and Jordan dunking on Brandon Knight. Those were regular season games too.

see, I get this. You like to see individual moments of greatness. Too many people got emotional in here
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never been a basketball fan either. It just doesn't click with me, the playoffs are watchable though...when you have surprises, but there are rarely any surprises in basketball. It just seems like folks going through the motions.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most NBA fans and Stans love the predictability of the league.

Imagine if there was a year when the most stanned or discussed stars didn't make the playoffs.

Just look at Kobe Stans, them nikkas were on suicide watch since the lakers flopped.

Star driven league and sport.

? really ain't built for parity. And even when a team overachieves, they usually get exposed in the playoffs largely due "star-calls" and the 7-game series format.

Bball is the perfect sport for Stans. M
    NFL is probably the worst for Stans. Cause a NFL player Stan has to lie himself and convince himself that his favorite QB or whatever succeeded despite those other 21 starters on the team in which he was only on the field for half the game.

Boxing is the only sport that out-Stans the NBA.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most NBA fans and Stans love the predictability of the league.

Imagine if there was a year when the most stanned or discussed stars didn't make the playoffs.

Just look at Kobe Stans, them nikkas were on suicide watch since the lakers flopped.

Star driven league and sport.

? really ain't built for parity. And even when a team overachieves, they usually get exposed in the playoffs largely due "star-calls" and the 7-game series format.

Bball is the perfect sport for Stans. M
    NFL is probably the worst for Stans. Cause a NFL player Stan has to lie himself and convince himself that his favorite QB or whatever succeeded despite those other 21 starters on the team in which he was only on the field for half the game.

Boxing is the only sport that out-Stans the NBA.

I guess I'm a huge stan because two of my favorite sports is Basketball ( Mostly NBA) and Boxing. LOL.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumpin this to give the NBA credit (kind of) since I spoke on it when I had something negative to say. This is a good Finals series kind of. So I'm enjoying this series.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this thread was bumped I gotta apologize for my Memphis sports rant even though it took a Chicago ? to really bring relevance back to in or to in period........ Memphis stand up......... not really tho..... Memphis aint no sports town...........