• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Parents (Biological)
    Parents anniversary just passed n April.. 29 years and counting
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Other
    Du_Du wrote: »
    yall ? do realize stew's dad is evander holyfield right??

growing up with the champ must've been one helluva experince

Lol funny u say that cause when we stayed in Hawaii we used to go to all the Pro Bowl ? and we'd be walkin around the beach and cats would come up to us and be like "Hey Shannon Sharp/Emmit Smith/Bruce Smith etc.. Can we have your autograph?" He'd play it cool and laugh it off. I'm like dad u trippin we can get some free ? outta this
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single Mother
    Du_Du wrote: »
    yall ? do realize stew's dad is evander holyfield right??

growing up with the champ must've been one helluva experince

Lol funny u say that cause when we stayed in Hawaii we used to go to all the Pro Bowl ? and we'd be walkin around the beach and cats would come up to us and be like "Hey Shannon Sharp/Emmit Smith/Bruce Smith etc.. Can we have your autograph?" He'd play it cool and laugh it off. I'm like dad u trippin we can get some free ? outta this

i do that to random ? all the time......

? 's hilarious to me...

• Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way some of these cats go hard for ? in here I'm surprised they are not demanding 2 mother or 2 father option.

I wonder how many on the IC have the petri dish to thank for their beginnings.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    my childhood was all over the place...
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    naw this ? father aint really evander is it?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Grandparent(s)
    my grandparents saved my life

Moms was on drugs heavy she was clean 13 years before she passed away tho RIP

Only met my pops once
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single Mother
    pops died when I was like 6 or 7 mom had a decent teaching job still couldn't stop me from acting a damn fool thorough out my adolescent years
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Da streets raised me
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both biological parents under THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. Married almost 28 yrs.

Lol @ some of yall wanting so bad to claim the "both parents" choice when they aint married and lived in different locations.

The choice in the poll said nothing about both parents living under the same roof. My parents were both very much present in my life.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biologicial Mother/Step Father
    i only know of 6 people who lived with both parents growin up..

my brother and sister.. two of my homeboys.. and 2 of my girls..

i see there's a lot of privileged mu'fuckas on the iC..

makes sense now. lol
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both biological parents under THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. Married almost 28 yrs.

Lol @ some of yall wanting so bad to claim the "both parents" choice when they aint married and lived in different locations.

Wanting so bad?

It is what it is ? !

In my case, my dad lived like 15 minutes away even after the divorce. He was always a presence, we were there regularly, took vacations with him, so how is that not equivalent to being raised by "both parents"?

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biologicial Mother/Step Father
    Your parents were divorced but went on vacations with eachother? thats wild. My momma always kept a weapon in her purse just in case my dad showed up again.
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    naw this ? father aint really evander is it?

lol you be the judge
    344oy1e.jpg

yeah that him. syke. pops look like them ? from that old school group. you know the ones with the mustaches.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both up until my mama passed 23 yrs ago
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Your parents were divorced but went on vacations with eachother? thats wild. My momma always kept a weapon in her purse just in case my dad showed up again.

lmao..hell nah..not together. I mean we took family vacations with my dad and stepmom, and we took family vacations with my mother and stepdad.

Like responsible parents, they didn't let the fact that they weren't together stop them from raising their children.

I would consider that being raised by BOTH parents.

Some of you MFers know damn well your parents hated each other and life was miserable coming up, but because your parents stuck it out under one roof it's all good. That's worse than having divorced parents.
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    little bit of everything

parents were married when they had me, divorced but had joint custody, stayed with my grandparents for a little while, and had a stepmom in high school
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    taeboo wrote: »
    My parents split when I was young, but both raised me...

• WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Pops was Locked up From My Birth Till I was like 4, but They stayed together and Both Raised me. Still together too
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Really raised by my mom's but my pops was still there sometimes. I became closer to him my teenage years tho
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

lmao..hell nah..not together. I mean we took family vacations with my dad and stepmom, and we took family vacations with my mother and stepdad.

Like responsible parents, they didn't let the fact that they weren't together stop them from raising their children.

I would consider that being raised by BOTH parents.

Some of you MFers know damn well your parents hated each other and life was miserable coming up, but because your parents stuck it out under one roof it's all good. That's worse than having divorced parents.

Not mine.. now tho, my dad has had a stroke and pack his bags every couple of months talking bout he going back to Milwaukee but that ? aint going anywhere.. my mom just let his crazy ass do it.. but they dont hate each other.. my dad just real frustrated with how he is now compared to just a few years ago.. ? b funny as ? sometimes tho.. like the day i had to come pick him up and i asked how did he fall this time and he swear my mom punched him.. he 6'4 and my mom barely 5'2 and im positive has never been n a fight before
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single Father
    we was on some furius and trey boyz in the hood ?