"You're Pretty for a Dark-Skinned Girl"

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    I don't like dark skinned females.

But I'd date this one. Most dark skinned females don't look like this anyway.

tumblr_luz1quZvdc1qfy7xzo1_1280.jpg

Most females period don't look like that. Bria is a beautiful freak
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bria looks like a dark skin white girl in the face
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Avatar ? prolly got some nasty intergalactic std's and ?
    ? parasites and whatnot.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    baseball-camera-man-fail-baseball-fail-gifs.gif
    *into the gif vault*

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread been done a million times but I guess the issue is still relevant. Some blacks suffer from selfhate. They internalized the Eurocentric standard of beauty.

Sometimes it ain't even about the complexion of a female. I hate to say it but some brothers feel that darkskinned women are generally harder to get along with than lightskinned women or even non black women. I'm not one of them but some brothers be saying that...
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I like how everytime these discussions come up people neeeever talk about the double standard.

"I only date "real black men/women". Dark & chocolate men"

crowd: *crickets*.."cool"

"I only date redbones & lightskins"

crowd: SMH IGNORANT ASS ? OL EUROCENTRIC SELF HATING ASS ? ? ! SO U YO FAMILY MEMBERS TOO ? ASS ? ??!! U WANNA BE WHITE SO BAD. ITS BET'S & RAPPERS FAULT FOR ALWAYS HAVING LIGHTSKINS IN THEIR VIDEOS WITH THEY SELF HATING ? WHILE THE DARKSKINS IN THE BACK!!!

Darksin: "Lightskin ? are soft, not even real black people, emotional ass ? ass mofos"

crowd: *crickets*

Lightskin: "Darkskin ? are ashy"

Crowd: OL ? ASS ? YO MAMA BLACK YO DADDY BLACK I KNOW ASHY LIGHTSKINNED MOFOS SMH AT THIS SELF HATING ? ASS ? !
  • Muhannad
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    I like how everytime these discussions come up people neeeever talk about the double standard.

crowd: SMH IGNORANT ASS ? OL EUROCENTRIC SELF HATING ASS ? ? ! SO U YO FAMILY MEMBERS TOO ? ASS ? ??!! U WANNA BE WHITE SO BAD. ITS BET'S & RAPPERS FAULT FOR ALWAYS HAVING LIGHTSKINS IN THEIR VIDEOS WITH THEY SELF HATING ? WHILE THE DARKSKINS IN THE BACK!!!

Darksin: "Lightskin ? are soft, not even real black people, emotional ass ? ass mofos"

Crowd: OL ? ASS ? YO MAMA BLACK YO DADDY BLACK I KNOW ASHY LIGHTSKINNED MOFOS SMH AT THIS SELF HATING ? ASS ? !
    I noticed the same thing. I'm gonna try my best to break it down for you...

It's similar to when a black person makes a discriminatory remark about a random white person. That remark might be considered ignorant or even bigotted but not racist. If a white person would've said the exact same about a black person it would be considered racist. Some people feel blacks can't be racist in a white dominated country because racism has to be institutionalized. I can break this down further if you want to, but I don't wanna go off topic too much...
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stupid ? and it does nothing but cause dissention in our race.

Somehow light skinned blacks are somehow better than the darker complexion blacks in the eyes of some individuals in our race.

This is an old slave mentality.

Field ? vs. house ?

We all soldiers of the same struggle ? and regardless of your complexion you still marking by the section that says black on all official paperwork.

Ignorant Blacks better wake up and stop embracing this dissention originally started by Whites pre Civil Rights.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »

It's similar to when a black person makes a discriminatory remark about a random white person. That remark might be considered ignorant or even bigotted but not racist. If a white person would've said the exact same about a black person it would be considered racist. Some people feel blacks can't be racist in a white dominated country because racism has to be institutionalized. I can break this down further if you want to, but I don't wanna go off topic too much...

Yeah i know. Alot of it obviously has to do with history & the slavery days but i'm saying there's still a clear difference between white vs. black & black (lightskins) vs. black (darkskin) cuz at the end of the day we all black & have the same history. Some black mofos really make it seem like there's this divide between us & we're 2 completely different groups of people.

Even if there was a divide it wasn't a divide created by lightskins, right? It was a divide created by outsiders. So darkskinned people can't blame lightskinned people for something they don't do & the insecurity you (people in general) feel cuz of how society might look at you.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall frontin. Fat chicks and dark chicks hear that ? all the time
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mcx0707BESkin004-new-md.jpg
    Yall ? need to up your ? game.

dark skinned...lightskinned...Lightskinned aint light enough ? ...

I only ? wit albino ? ...
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? looks like a human form of psychduck
  • Dr. Stitch
    Dr. Stitch Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »

Do you fucc wit em during the transformation tho?
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr. Stitch wrote: »

They're not werewolves b.

They're born that way.
  • Dr. Stitch
    Options

They're born that way.

And arent warewolves...you kno wut nevermind, i see wut you doin!
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We equating light to white society now

Any excuse for coloreds to have colorism....
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options

They're born that way.

Albinos literally are born that way bruh.

There is no "transformation".
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    I don't know much about werewolf lore, but I assume the offspring would have to be a werewolf.
  • Dr. Stitch
    Options

They're born that way.

Yes there is...while they dont transform like transformers & warewolves, they dont look the same before & after...

And i see you're sensative toward these albinos...why no compassion for fat ppl that are "born" that way? Lmao
  • Dr. Stitch
    Options
    I don't know much about werewolf lore, but I assume the offspring would have to be a werewolf.

That would also pretty much dead your argument...
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Structure on which skin resides>>skin color

She could be as dark as tar, if she has a lovely structure, she will look nice.

"Redbone" skin on unsatisfactory structure, the "redbone" will be unattractive.

See: Nah, I won't go there...
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options

They're born that way.

Yes there is...while they dont transform like transformers & warewolves, they dont look the same before & after...

And i see you're sensative toward these albinos...why no compassion for fat ppl that are "born" that way? Lmao
    Do you know what albinism is?

Because it seems like you're referring to something else.

I have no compassion for albinos, it's simply a fact that they are born as albinos.
    Ixw5HQt.png

I hope you're not mixing up albinism with vitiligo or something; that'd be foolish.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »

Yeah i know. Alot of it obviously has to do with history & the slavery days but i'm saying there's still a clear difference between white vs. black & black (lightskins) vs. black (darkskin) cuz at the end of the day we all black & have the same history. Some black mofos really make it seem like there's this divide between us & we're 2 completely different groups of people.

Even if there was a divide it wasn't a divide created by lightskins, right? It was a divide created by outsiders. So darkskinned people can't blame lightskinned people for something they don't do & the insecurity you (people in general) feel cuz of how society might look at you.
    Yeah at the end of the day I guess we're all black, whether we're lightskinned or darkskinned. There is a difference in classification between the US and some caribbean and latin countries though. Some people that are considered black in the US would be white where I'm from (Dutch Antilles). Like Whitley from A Different World (if you're old enough to remember) would be seen as/ selfidentify as white where I'm from.

To add on what I was saying I think some people go out of their way to be pc nowadays. Everybody gotta be a winner nowadays, even if they losing. People don't wanna accept the fact that they're not attractive to everyone. Like if you have a certain preference and your taste coincides with what society's standard of beauty is you're almost shamed into changing your preference or keep it to yourself. Nowadays we have to pander to people who aren't considered attractive by todays beauty standard. We can't call a ? a ? no more, but we gotta use euphemisms. An overweight woman is not fat but thick. A woman with a foul attitude and baggage is not a b*tch but "strong" and "independant". A darkskinned strongface chick gotta be fine, even if she isn't really. I'll expand on this later on...
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options

That would also pretty much dead your argument...
    You're not making any sense at this point.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    I've been posting off and on since late '03 and some things never change. Whenever there's a thread like this you got trolls trolling for attention. Now I see we got some dude I never seen post before with like 9 posts troll. If you gonna troll, atleast be funny with it.

On topic @CirocObama...

This is a counterreaction. I've seen this sh*t happen in some segments of the AA and Afro caribbean and to a lesser extent Afro latin society. Like if you like lightskinned females, you're shamed into not liking them, include darkskinned females or shamed into keeping your preference to yourself. If you like slim, in shape females, you're shamed into keeping that sh*t to yourself. You're 'shallow' if you like them and ain't checking for overweight or 'thick' females. If you won't date women with kids out of wedlock you're shamed. Don't wanna deal with a woman that has an attitude, you're "not strong enough to deal with a strong woman", you wanna deal with a pushover blahblah etc...
    Meanwhile when it's the other way around overweight females and n*ggas that are into that can go around saying sh*t like "I like my women to have some meat on them" and how they like a "thick" female with no backlash. That comedian Monique can go around calling women "skinny b!tches" (yeah I know it's part of her routine but still) and no'one has a problem with it, but if she was an attractive, in shape comedian she couldn't get away with talking about fat broads.
    It's like people's defects are turned into assets and everybody gotta go along with it or else. People don't wanna work on or fix their defects but want everybody to conform to their defects...