Cheerios Ad Starring Interracial Family Ignites Racist Hate Storm

13»

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    glad we've finally got to the point where we can effectively judge the overall pulse of america by usings comments made on social media.

This ? is not suprising or unusual Matt.

People say what they truly feel on the internet. Yes there are some trolls, but if you spent any time on CNN.com or Yahoo News and read the comments this ? is tame in comparison.

Nobody is going to publicly speak against IR relationships because they know better, but there is definitely an underlying current that proves America is not ready for it to be accepted as normal by depicting it in something as all-American and wholesome as a Cheerios commercial.

It's still viewed as taboo and participants are seen as lesser than...it's stupid.
    Funny because both online and off line black men and women are anti-interracial relationships. Even my mamma disapproves of it.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arent you a mutt your damn self raging...? you talkin bout.
  • bigryde
    bigryde Members Posts: 123 ✭✭
    I'm going to and buy five boxes of Cheerios tomorrow and I really don't like them!!
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    glad we've finally got to the point where we can effectively judge the overall pulse of america by usings comments made on social media.

People say what they truly feel on the internet. Yes there are some trolls, but if you spent any time on CNN.com or Yahoo News and read the comments this ? is tame in comparison.

Nobody is going to publicly speak against IR relationships because they know better, but there is definitely an underlying current that proves America is not ready for it to be accepted as normal by depicting it in something as all-American and wholesome as a Cheerios commercial.

It's still viewed as taboo and participants are seen as lesser than...it's stupid.
    Funny because both online and off line black men and women are anti-interracial relationships. Even my mamma disapproves of it.

it all depends... if the interracial couple is very attractive or very ugly... no ? givin (cuz the kids of the attractive couple are gonna be pretty or the 2 ugly people no body wants anyway)

let it be lopsided tho where one is clearly more atractive then the other... or it be a inverse of a stereotypical interracial fam (white man black female or asian male black female ? arab male white female even)

people say slick ? about it..

remember there was that thread about bob Johnson daughter that went 20 pages..
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

I meant people that have ? to lose when they voice politically incorrect opinions.

On a grand scale, nobody gives a ? what your mama thinks..but even so, I'm sure even she knows when and where it would be wise to keep her opinion to herself.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a funny commercial, but it isn't surprising at all. its expected.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These dudes are just cowards, plain and simple.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good! Looks like America hadn't lost its glorious morals.
  • DOC H0LL!DAY
    DOC H0LL!DAY Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just don't want other white woman seeing this and saying to themselves "I can have a black man"

Not for nothing but I would pound a white gurl out and wife.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    u see this all the time
    especially in military communities
    or overseas
    its not a big deal after awhile
    101202_KKK_Snowman.jpg
  • Ajackson17
    Less Stews more Mansa Musas
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

I meant people that have ? to lose when they voice politically incorrect opinions.

On a grand scale, nobody gives a ? what your mama thinks..but even so, I'm sure even she knows when and where it would be wise to keep her opinion to herself.
    Most black people don't like IR. ...an u know it! U know we hate itu know ...please b real.....? U know we mok an despise it please tell the truth negros hate wat u made 90% say it ...
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]https://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/601306_615998371745484_481552271_n.jpg[/img]
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love racism. Proves me right every time a situation like this occurs.

The commercial proves nothing, that is unless people actually thought this country changed.

Murica is and always well be racist.
  • Ajackson17
    This commercial made me sick to my stomach.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheerios commercial is a reminder of how far we haven't come
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭