J. Cole Announces ‘Dollar & A Dream Tour’ (this thread may apply to you)

DMTxTHC
DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.themaskedgorilla.com/j-cole-announces-dollar-a-dream-tour/

ce428016ca3b11e287e222000aaa0aa2_7.jpg
J. Cole took to his Instagram account to announce his upcoming 'Dollar & A Dream Tour.' Starting on June 11th, Cole will visit ten different cities performing at secret venues. Entry to each show will only be one dollar, while tickets will be first come, first serve.

Cole's 'Born Sinner' is out June 18th.

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    No NY show? ? that ?
    I laughed at this post, then looked at your avi and laughed harder..
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he's losing money on every show? Good job Roc Nation!
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    So he's losing money on every show? Good job Roc Nation!

nope at point admission you also have to sell your soul to the illuminati pROCrastiNATION and live nation know what they doin lol

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    No NY show? ? that ?

to get a venue in nyc you have to usually reserve a year plus in advance pending last min cancellations or lucky breaks. homes prolly wanted to throw this together right quick a month or 2 ago and couldn't get a nyc venue.

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    *Sees Texas*
    kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif
    *Realizes once again houston is the only city getting a ? show*.....
  • DMTxTHC
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    No NY show? ? that ?

to get a venue in nyc you have to usually reserve a year plus in advance pending last min cancellations or lucky breaks. homes prolly wanted to throw this together right quick a month or 2 ago and couldn't get a nyc venue.
    Is the same true for LA?.. because NYC and LA are the only big cities not included on this tour..
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    No NY show? ? that ?

Is the same true for LA?.. because NYC and LA are the only big cities not included on this tour..

that or the price to rent a venue for those cities. Its logistically easier/cheaper to plan events or go to events in the cities listed than those 2 cities which are the largest in the country. Not to mention many small venues (which im guessing cole will use) are picky about hip hop word to Smak/URL and the event that got cancelled last minute for no reason.

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    No NY show? ? that ?

I'm confused. You mean any venue or a venue big enough for a cole concert?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    No NY show? ? that ?

Any club, park area, in new york or boston is very difficult to get last minute in New York or LA. When you talk decent sized theatre, or multipurpose arena (barclays or MSG) your talking having to reserve that joint a year in advance or so.

And lets say you get that venue a month or two in advance your going to have to pay allot more than you do in Boston, H-town, or any city mentioned on this mini tour.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited June 2013
    No NY show? ? that ?

Any club, park area, in new york or boston is very difficult to get last minute in New York or LA. When you talk decent sized theatre, or multipurpose arena (barclays or MSG) your talking having to reserve that joint a year in advance or so.

And lets say you get that venue a month or two in advance your going to have to pay allot more than you do in Boston, H-town, or any city mentioned on this mini tour.

Ok I got you. Because new ? like trinidad james get booked in NY w/ the quickness and lots of new rappers perform at sob's. I guess those aren't the venues you're referring to though
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited June 2013
    No NY show? ? that ?

Ok I got you. Because new ? like trinidad james get booked in NY w/ the quickness and lots of new rappers perform at sob's. I guess those aren't the venues you're referring to though

well i mean cole could have a show there but again it all depends on luck and buzz and who else is reserving ? when you want to. SOB's saw the all gold everything joint was probally fresh and new and wanted to cash in. Cole done hella shows in NYC and since hes only doing it for $1 they might pass on him. Same with the little standing room venue within MSG or the hammerstein ballroom in nyc as well.

This brings up another issue with why he couldn't get a nyc or la venue cause the venue wants to make a % off the ticket that is high due to them having higher rent than a DC or Houston club. Remember when you pay $5 or $10 in fees alone allot of that goes to ticketmaster/livenation and or the venue. So when tickets are $1 even if they charge a 5% venue charge thats cents out that $1 versus getting $5-$10 per ticket on a concert ticket worth $25-$35.

Im kinda all over the place but long story short having a special spontaneous tour with tickets are $1 presents challenges in booking top 5 major cities in the us like LA and NYC. I know a little about venues/planning/sales/ etc. based on family friends who work at a few venues and just looking up stuff online. Im actually trying to get into the business myself soon cause to me venues and event ticket sales have always been cool as ? to me.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? man. that's dope but it'll be hard as ? to get a ticket. I imagine the usmarine's of the world will be out there camping in front of the ticket booth a week before the show.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    ? man. that's dope but it'll be hard as ? to get a ticket. I imagine the usmarine's of the world will be out there camping in front of the ticket booth a week before the show.

usmarine is running venue to venue and club to club in miami trying to find out where the secret venue is lol

• nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn why aint cole coming to NYC!?
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would go to the one in Philly, but a $1 show in Philly is a pretty Much guaranteed shoot-out
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Cali show and this ? suppose to be K.Dots BFF? ? that ? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    RaySwift wrote: »
    No Cali show and this ? suppose to be K.Dots BFF? ? that ? .

lol relax the bernstien bear will have an actual coast to coast tour either this fall or winter in guessing. This is a special spontaneous promo for the album but unless hes dumb he will reach cali and new york on his regular tour.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao at bernstein bear lol

*dead*
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Starting out the tour in Miami...NICE.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cole World ? !
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator