Play Owner of Marvel or DC

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
What would you do if you were owner of Marvel or DC? I would:

1) Institute a "Death is Final," edict. Both Marvel, DC, (and other companies) love doing this tired ass marketing ploy to boost sales for the month. The problem is that fandom has to endure ? , while speculators come buying the books thinking it's eventually going up in value. It's insulting to the fandom because we know the character isn't to stay "dead. Adding insult to injury the character's resurrection is usually hella contrived and ruins what was usually a heroic, touching, and epic death story arch. I would tell my creative staff that any further character deaths and resurrections have to be ran by me personally. If the character death is approved, the likelihood of that character being brought back is slim an none, unless the resurrection storyline is dope ? .

2) No Homos.

I would ban all homosexuality. Yeah it would ? creators and GLAAD off. It may course people to leave my company, it may hurt advertising, but I would refuse to have my company the the media forum I love be used to promote and agenda. Either the ? ass or dykin chracters would be killed off, cured of their homosexuality, or none longer written as sexual deviants. I would leave it up to the writers to figure out a way how not to make them ? .

3) No More ? With The Numbering

There was something special about the fact there was 904 of Action Comics going back to 1938. It showed the longevity and the strength of the series. When I bought an issue of 'Tec. Action, Superman, Batman, The Uncanny X-Men, or The Amazing Spider-Man, I felt proud that I was buying that had been around so long and it gave meaning to those anniversary issues. I was looking forward to owning Action Comics, Detective Comics, Superman, and Batman 1,000 when it come out in about twenty-five years, but now that will probably never happen. If they do have the thousandth issue of those books, it won't mean anything because they ? with the numbering.

4) Have Something Other Than Superheros

The comic book industry is dying. If you don't believe me, the next time your in a comic book shop, look at the people in the shop, it's mostly dudes in their twenties, thirties, and forties. You don't see too many teenagers and youngsters in the comic book shops. Sometime needs to be done to broaden the customer base. I would take it back to the Golden Age of comics and offer something other than a ? in spandex with super powers.

I would have a horror title, a mystery title, a sci-fi, sword and sorcery title, and possibly a war, furry animal, and yes even some ? Twilight, ? . You and I probably wouldn't read some of this ? , (especially the furry animal and Twilight, romance ? , but somebody would and that somebody might eventually be willing to try a superhero book.

5) Chill on the Events

I would stop having an "event," every summer. I wouldn't put a mortatorium on them, there would just need to be a reason to have one another than, "it's-time-to-plan-for-the-new-company-wide-event." There need to be a strong reason for the event.

6) No More Retcons

A continuity would be established and stuck to.

7) Characters would gradually age.

Kitty would eventually get into her 20's. Peter would eventually graduate from college and get stable, and I'm sorry, but some of those ? from Justice Society would have to die. ? like Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and Carter Hall are damn near 90 years old.