A journey of mine into Freemasonry

KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in The Social Lounge
I live in a fairly remote area. Work full time. New career as of 2 years ago. Family have passed away. Have a few work friends who are of an older age. Great guys, but not always going to spend the weekends hangin' out with them. Few female friends through heading out in town and also was looking at organizations within the area.. and approx a 45min drive away I came across the Freemason fraternity.. I emailed the guy on the website.. explained my situation said would like to be part of an organization meet some new people, they meet up every second Wednesday of each month.. he said call the number and can organize to meet and chat further..

Is there anyone who is a member?

Have you any opinions on them?

Comments

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was a great experience for me. Hopefully yours is as well. Good luck.
  • KLICHE
    edited June 2013
    ?
    did u just make a thread about a secret society
    SMMFH

I don't believe I did. I don't see how something is 'secret' when it is right in your faces '? '. The information was easily accessible online and I have spoken to a few members in town that were involved in charitable work at the time I approached them. So I don't buy into whatever nonsense you speak of.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL.....

These lodges are mostly "social clubs"...........

Not a lot of "secret society" ? going on at the meetings.......

If you want to socialize and possibly make new connections it should be cool.......

If you go trying to find out the "mysteries", you might be disappointed...............

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    bambu wrote: »
    basically this right here

• KLICHE
    bambu wrote: »
    LOL.....

Not a lot of "secret society" ? going on at the meetings.......

If you want to socialize and possibly make new connections it should be cool.......

If you go trying to find out the "mysteries", you might be disappointed...............

Yeah only intention is the social aspect. Was once into sports but get involved in fitness at home, so thinking just a different thing to do rather than the usual I go for.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great opportunity to make some powerful friends

cue Stone Cutters clip from The Simpsons
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knew a chick that was a eastern star in college. They used to have meetings at a very secluded location every other week. The problem with Freemasonry is they do everything in secret but claim they have nothing to hide. Secret handshakes? Secret meetings? Symbols hidden in plain sight?

I guess it is what it is. To each is own. But never trust anybody who operates in secrecy. If a ? really speak truth, then no reason to operate in secrecy
  • major pain
    edited June 2013
    Knew a chick that was a eastern star in college. They used to have meetings at a very secluded location every other week. The problem with Freemasonry is they do everything in secret but claim they have nothing to hide. Secret handshakes? Secret meetings? Symbols hidden in plain sight?

I guess it is what it is. To each is own. But never trust anybody who operates in secrecy. If a ? really speak truth, then no reason to operate in secrecy

Not being a member and subsequently not understanding things aren't equivalent to "operate in secrecy". You can plainly see us masons going about the same work that is talked about in the lodge that is only open to members. People on the outside make it much more than what it is because of their own curiosity.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buncha old white men wit secret handshakes to move up the corporate ladder pretty much. ? who join are just ? and desire the white man's approval in society..
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also a travelling man.. All I can tell you is to listen to NOTHING you hear about Freemasonry from non-Freemason's.. Make sure to ask all of your questions to the Brothers you are going to meet with, I would say 90% of your questions will be answered with the exception of the answers you'll receive once you become one.. It's been a great experience for me as I've met lots of interesting people, had a lot of fun, done a lot of work and actually learned quite a few things.. Most important piece of info I can give you as you potentially begin your journey is to go into it with an open mind.. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me or @major pain.. Good luck...
  • major pain
    III
    IIIII
    IIIIIII

• KLICHE
    major pain wrote: »
    III
    IIIII
    IIIIIII

357?
  • blackamerica
    Not being a member and subsequently not understanding things aren't equivalent to "operate in secrecy". You can plainly see us masons going about the same work that is talked about in the lodge that is only open to members. People on the outside make it much more than what it is because of their own curiosity.
    For one, I'm not curious about Freemasonry. My belief is the only path is through Christ. If your arguing that Freemasonry isn't a secretive fraternity then your obviously joking. The whole idea of masonry is a secret. There are different levels that have secrets that you don't know until you get there.

Thats why I say Christ is the only path if you want truth. The truth doesn't require secret handshakes or code words. Its only truth
  • major pain
    For one, I'm not curious about Freemasonry. My belief is the only path is through Christ. If your arguing that Freemasonry isn't a secretive fraternity then your obviously joking. The whole idea of masonry is a secret. There are different levels that have secrets that you don't know until you get there.

Thats why I say Christ is the only path if you want truth. The truth doesn't require secret handshakes or code words. Its only truth

lol.. not curious.. but comments on a thread about freemasonry...

like i said people on the outside make it more than what it is believe what you want tho..
  • KLICHE

Why is it that ? in the Bible admits to have been the director behind so many murders.. yet in the Bible we hear nothing of Satan murdering anyone? Serious question.

I believe in ? also. But what you deem as truth I find worrying.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll said it again.. and BLACK MAN running up in a Masonic lodge tryna to get down with the Baphomet supporters is a damn ? tryna assimilate into the White Man's Satanic organization. If youz a Black Man, that ? is not for you. ? don't even question it, just join like fools. don't even question the separation of the Lodges either from F&AM to FM...jus tlost ? tryna fit in.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My frat bro is a mason, he been trying to get other people into it. I was thinking about it but idk. I don't like not knowing what I am signing up for but at the same time I don't believe it's as crazy as non-masons make it.
  • major pain
    jono wrote: »
    My frat bro is a mason, he been trying to get other people into it. I was thinking about it but idk. I don't like not knowing what I am signing up for but at the same time I don't believe it's as crazy as non-masons make it.

it aint...

consider the post above just full of nonsense and its so hard to even begin to convince these type of people otherwise
  • blackamerica
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Why is it that ? in the Bible admits to have been the director behind so many murders.. yet in the Bible we hear nothing of Satan murdering anyone? Serious question.

Typical mason foolery. Distorting fact with your own interpretations. What about Albert Pike? A racist who praised Lucifer and was a member of the Klu Klux ? . This is who you follow? Can you explain to me William Morgan? A man who exposed Freemasonry and was kidnapped by Masons to silence him. Yall got too many skeletons to play righteous.

Y'all ? really need to find Jesus quick
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE wrote: »

Typical mason foolery. Distorting fact with your own interpretations. What about Albert Pike? A racist who praised Lucifer and was a member of the Klu Klux ? . This is who you follow? Can you explain to me William Morgan? A man who exposed Freemasonry and was kidnapped by Masons to silence him. Yall got too many skeletons to play righteous.
    Y'all ? really need to find Jesus quick

"this is who you follow?" Are you right in the head? I don't follow Albert Pike. And first I have heard of the name. I am not distorting anything. Do you ever think with your own brain without having everything force fed and just accepting blinding. That is why I respect the Bible, I just have real questions as that is how I function. I question things. If anything seems you enjoy foolery. I asked why ? claims responsibility for murder in the Bible and we never hear of Satan murdering anyone. It does not mean I look to Satan for guidance in any way. I often wondered if the Bible is Satans tool of deception. As to me, ? won't just ? ? nilly. IMO.

I am not Mason if you have read my posts clearly. It is an enquiry. So quit the YOU do this, YOU think that nosense.

• KLICHE
    jono wrote: »

That is the thing also, I had a discussion with one member who said you can choose to no longer be a member whenever you want and that hardly any attend every meeting. Some attend once a month if that.
  • KLICHE

Do you know how many organizations have meetings and keep it for members only.. they don't just allow anyone to walk in off the street and participate..

I have seen the 'handshake' in plain sight.. so where is the secrecy to it??

Symbols hidden in plain sight? What does this even mean? HIDDEN in PLAIN SIGHT? Am I missing something.. the symbolism is pretty blatant if you ask me. I can find it easily.

Just generally some of the shadiest cats I have met have operated right in front your face. But they have portrayed themselves as having the most clean faces around.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first free masons were actually black men.
  • KLICHE
    Batman. wrote: »
    The first free masons were actually black men.

This is the first I have heard of this Batman.