Is fleeing to Hong Kong a good look when the U.S Gov't wants your head?

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    But America has done worse, are you denying this?
    what the ? does this have to do with what i am saying, beyond confirming EXACTLY what i am saying about you giving Ecuador a pass on any misbehavior?

oh, since you probably skipped this part in your fury to post the same exact post you already did: "seriously, show me a post that's not majority you saying "but America is WORSE" and i would change my mind. Ecuador's hypocrisy on human rights is not invalidated because you don't like something the US did."

OK if you say so lol....it is what it is, maybe Ecudaor being involved in more war crimes then America is committing worldwide would make me say what I say differently.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2013
    Options
    And for the last time, I'm not giving Ecuador a pass, it has a bad human rights record in its own country, but America has a bad human rights record in several countries

Read this twice Janklow....read this twice.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2013
    Options
    A perfect example of what I'm talking about.....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100854854?__source=yahoo|finance|headline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=100854854|US%20Bugged%20EU%20Offices,%20Hac

US Bugged EU Offices, Hacked Into Its Computers

Sunday, 30 Jun 2013

America's National Security Agency (NSA) bugged European Union offices in Washington and infiltrated the EU's computer networks, German magazine Der Spiegel reported on Saturday.

According to Spiegel, a "top secret" document from 2010, obtained by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden,shows the agency installed bugs in the building housing the EU representative's office in downtown Washington, DC.

It also infiltrated the office's computer network, allowing it to "access discussions in EU rooms as well as emails and internal documents on computers."

The revelations could further strain relations between Europe and the U.S. already hurt by previous disclosures about the extent of NSA spying activities outside the United States.

--Snowden wasn't lying when he said the information he gave last month was only the tip of the ieceberg
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    what's the point in reading it twice? you're still doing the same thing. let me say it again: "seriously, show me a post that's not majority you saying "but America is WORSE" and i would change my mind." the point of what you want me to read is to move past Ecuador's failings to ? about America.

try reading my posts ONCE for a change.
    --Snowden wasn't lying when he said the information he gave last month was only the tip of the ieceberg
    maybe he wasn't. but are we talking about Snowden's case or Snowden's intended destinations? because it's relevant to one of those.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2013
    Options
    what's the point in reading it twice? you're still doing the same thing. let me say it again: "seriously, show me a post that's not majority you saying "but America is WORSE" and i would change my mind." the point of what you want me to read is to move past Ecuador's failings to ? about America.

try reading my posts ONCE for a change.
    maybe he wasn't. but are we talking about Snowden's case or Snowden's intended destinations? because it's relevant to one of those.

The majority of my posts here have suggested America's actions are worse compared to Ecuador, so what? It's true and I have tons of proof I'm right. I know people who travel the world and they tell me newspapers from Brazil to the Middle East often have front page headlines that show the ridiculous body count of American actions worldwide. Sorry if I truly feel America's actions worldwide are hideous compared to most of the world, that opinion isn't gona change soon.

If YOU want to bring up reasons why Ecuador's negative actions compare to America's, be my guest. I'm under no obligation to compare Ecuador's bad human rights actions to America's extreme evil and destruction it spreads around the globe.
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    Options
    i'm not sure if it was said in this thread or not, but these other countries do not have a record of their government of respecting civil liberties...
  • janklow
    Options
    The majority of my posts here have suggested America's actions are worse compared to Ecuador, so what?
    have you not been paying attention to what you're even arguing against? let's recap: the point is that when someone raises a legitimate issue with a country like Ecuador having a poor record of press freedom (such as, say, currently attacking the press in the country) while simultaneously preaching of their moral high ground in given Snowden asylum, it should be questioned. if it was a country that DIDN'T have the track record of Ecuador (let's say Iceland), the same issues wouldn't exist. because the very nature of the Snowden situation is a criticism of US behavior, we don't have to compare it to the other countries because him seeking asylum FROM the US makes the criticism of the US implicit.

the "so what" is that you publicly declared you weren't giving Ecuador a pass before proceeding to do that with every single post you've made.
    I know people who travel the world and they tell me-
    check it out: no one gives a ? about these Totally Real People you Totally Know. it's not an argument. get over it.
    If YOU want to bring up reasons why Ecuador's negative actions compare to America's, be my guest.
    why would i do this? did you not read my last post? or any before that? wait, how silly of me: of course you didn't. you're really just here to scream the same damn post over and over for attention. my real mistake is giving you any.

but here it is again: "seriously, show me a post that's not majority you saying "but America is WORSE" and i would change my mind. Ecuador's hypocrisy on human rights is not invalidated because you don't like something the US did."

• kingblaze84
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The majority of my posts here have suggested America's actions are worse compared to Ecuador, so what?
    have you not been paying attention to what you're even arguing against? let's recap: the point is that when someone raises a legitimate issue with a country like Ecuador having a poor record of press freedom (such as, say, currently attacking the press in the country) while simultaneously preaching of their moral high ground in given Snowden asylum, it should be questioned. if it was a country that DIDN'T have the track record of Ecuador (let's say Iceland), the same issues wouldn't exist. because the very nature of the Snowden situation is a criticism of US behavior, we don't have to compare it to the other countries because him seeking asylum FROM the US makes the criticism of the US implicit.

the "so what" is that you publicly declared you weren't giving Ecuador a pass before proceeding to do that with every single post you've made.
    check it out: no one gives a ? about these Totally Real People you Totally Know. it's not an argument. get over it.
    If YOU want to bring up reasons why Ecuador's negative actions compare to America's, be my guest.
    why would i do this? did you not read my last post? or any before that? wait, how silly of me: of course you didn't. you're really just here to scream the same damn post over and over for attention. my real mistake is giving you any.

but here it is again: "seriously, show me a post that's not majority you saying "but America is WORSE" and i would change my mind. Ecuador's hypocrisy on human rights is not invalidated because you don't like something the US did."

This back and forth is boring me. Believe what you want and I'll do the same. I've said several times Ecuador is not getting a pass. I HAVE ALSO said America's behavior is WORSE worldwide, what part of that can't you ? read? Ecuador has bad behavior YES, and America has EVEN WORST behavior. Iceland has probably better behavior then Ecuador in its own soil, WELL DUHH thanks for the headliner.

Can you read? I'm starting to believe you can't. If you feel I'm giving Ecuador a pass, then plain and simple you're reading like a ? idiot. Reading is fundamental homie. GET GLASSES AND WIPE THEM OFF, then come back to this thread.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options

This back and forth is boring me. Believe what you want and I'll do the same. I've said several times Ecuador is not getting a pass. I HAVE ALSO said America's behavior is WORSE worldwide, what part of that can't you ? read? Ecuador has bad behavior YES, and America has EVEN WORST behavior. Iceland has probably better behavior then Ecuador in its own soil, WELL DUHH thanks for the headliner.

Can you read? I'm starting to believe you can't. If you feel I'm giving Ecuador a pass, then plain and simple you're reading like a ? idiot. Reading is fundamental homie. GET GLASSES AND WIPE THEM OFF, then come back to this thread.

If by saying someone is not getting a past but... The but part gives them a pass because you are saying we shouldn't be hard on Ecuador because of what America has done. America is already on trial for doing bad things and the argument wasn't whether they are doing worse things, but it is if you are so sure about your need to expose a particular behavior, why choose to hide in a country that practices the same exact behavior? We aren't comparing anything more then what Snowden chose to expose which, is monitoring and censorship, which happens actually worse in Ecuador at least in terms of tangible action. The matter isn't so much restricted whether ones capabilities can extend beyond their borders but whether they practice the same actually in the case of controlling information, worse behavior.

Saying A is bad but B is worse is irrelevant because it's all bad and no Country that practices the same or worse behavior relative to not practicing that behavior at all should be supported or complimented for their obviously disingenuous actions. It also puts Snowdens actions in a bad light because he can't then claim moral superiority when he isn't' doing anything to aid those in Ecuador, China, nor Russia with their issues with Civil Rights.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2013
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

If by saying someone is not getting a past but... The but part gives them a pass because you are saying we shouldn't be hard on Ecuador because of what America has done. America is already on trial for doing bad things and the argument wasn't whether they are doing worse things, but it is if you are so sure about your need to expose a particular behavior, why choose to hide in a country that practices the same exact behavior? We aren't comparing anything more then what Snowden chose to expose which, is monitoring and censorship, which happens actually worse in Ecuador at least in terms of tangible action. The matter isn't so much restricted whether ones capabilities can extend beyond their borders but whether they practice the same actually in the case of controlling information, worse behavior.

Saying A is bad but B is worse is irrelevant because it's all bad and no Country that practices the same or worse behavior relative to not practicing that behavior at all should be supported or complimented for their obviously disingenuous actions. It also puts Snowdens actions in a bad light because he can't then claim moral superiority when he isn't' doing anything to aid those in Ecuador, China, nor Russia with their issues with Civil Rights.

I'd take your post more seriously if America was NOT doing worse things worldwide then Ecuador. America is supposed to be land of the free yet we have a ridiculous amount of people in prison and we hack into govt, private, and business computers/accounts all over the world. That's beyond illegal and beyond espionage on the highest level. Ecuador does not have a good human rights record worldwide, understandable, but America has an atrocious human rights record here at home and overseas. Can't take your post seriously, as you ignore the fact America DOES do much worse worldwide.

Snowden isn't doing much to further human rights in Ecuador true, but he's not obligated to do so. His goal/mission is to expose the rotten core of corruption in American govt and show the world just how badly America is violating the civil rights of its own citizens and people around the world. You really expect Snowden to fight for civil rights in Ecuador and Russia? LOL.....be realistic.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2013
    Options

I'd take your post more seriously if America was NOT doing worse things worldwide then Ecuador. America is supposed to be land of the free yet we have a ridiculous amount of people in prison and we hack into govt, private, and business computers/accounts all over the world. That's beyond illegal and beyond espionage on the highest level. Ecuador does not have a good human rights record worldwide, understandable, but America has an atrocious human rights record here at home and overseas. Can't take your post seriously, as you ignore the fact America DOES do much worse worldwide.

Snowden isn't doing much to further human rights in Ecuador true, but he's not obligated to do so. His goal/mission is to expose the rotten core of corruption in American govt and show the world just how badly America is violating the civil rights of its own citizens and people around the world. You really expect Snowden to fight for civil rights in Ecuador and Russia? LOL.....be realistic.

Well how about the simple fact that you can be jailed for speaking out against the President in Ecudor. I'm not talking making threats or leaking information. I'm talking just plain talking ? about the presidents abilities.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/ecuador-court-sentences-journalists-prison-presidential-libel-case-2011-07-22

I think that is worse but really the point wasn't to compare. The fact is, Ecuador has a known history implementing tactics that Snowden speaks out against. That's hypocrisy. This post isn't about America doing evil ? , it's about a dude exposing America and fleeing to a country or countries that do as much evil ? which dilutes his point. If he isn't willing to help people in other countries with their Civil Rights, then why allow them to to use him to point a finger at America while they obscure their own misdeeds with a false concern for Civil Liberties. Whether it happens to 1 person or 1 million, it's still a ? up situation. If you are concerned about our standing in the world then why not be concerned about these same issues that occur around the world unless America in involved?
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Well how about the simple fact that you can be jailed for speaking out against the President in Ecudor. I'm not talking making threats or leaking information. I'm talking just plain talking ? about the presidents abilities.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/ecuador-court-sentences-journalists-prison-presidential-libel-case-2011-07-22

I think that is worse but really the point wasn't to compare. The fact is, Ecuador has a known history implementing tactics that Snowden speaks out against. That's hypocrisy. This post isn't about America doing evil ? , it's about a dude exposing America and fleeing to a country or countries that do as much evil ? which dilutes his point. If he isn't willing to help people in other countries with their Civil Rights, then why allow them to to use him to point a finger at America while they obscure their own misdeeds with a false concern for Civil Liberties. Whether it happens to 1 person or 1 million, it's still a ? up situation. If you are concerned about our standing in the world then why not be concerned about these same issues that occur around the world unless America in involved?

No one is defending Ecuador here, I've already said Ecuador has a bad track record of human rights in its own country. But it's not worse then what America is doing worldwide hacking into literally millions' of peoples private, business, and govt accounts all over the world. ? knows what America is doing with that information. And for the record, it appears Snowden will not go into Ecuador anyway, rumor has it that he's on his way to Bolivia but that's only a rumor. Bolivia probably doesn't have a great track record of human rights either but I'm sure Bolivia and Ecuador aren't doing drone strikes in nations without the country's permission (Pakistan, which officially asked the USA not to commit drone strikes since last year, but America does so anyway, killing tons of civilians in the process).

America is supposed to be held to a different standard anyway, at least that's how American politicians make it seem. Obama and the other ? ups in DC love to say how different America is when it comes to rights and freedoms but it's acting like a police state every day. Snowden is a hero to me and millions around the world because he's holding his country accountable, while you and a few others want to be apologists for the evil and destruction America commits around the world, and the incredible injustices it's committing right now against its own citizens. Snowden is not obligated to do ? about Ecuador or any other shady nation, he's an American and he wants America to be held to a better standard. Going to Ecuador or any other place for security is a natural instinct, you think he wants to go to jail here? Keep apologizing for America's ? up actions, you lose moral authority each time you do so.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    @kingblaze84

Bro, this argument is not about America's misdeeds, it is about Snowdens actions after exposing America and the countries he leaned on for support in his cause. You also have to Compare China and Russia but regardless, he hasn't chosen any countries that are truly in support of his cause which is the point of this topic. America can be a million times worse, but choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing an evil and it dilutes his message and obscures his intent.
  • janklow
    Options
    This back and forth is boring me.
    ...says the guy who's continuing to post. it's almost like you could stop, but i know you need the attention. let me predict the rest of your post: saying the same thing again and talking ? .
    I've said several times Ecuador is not getting a pass.
    and i've posted several times why you're giving them a pass. you haven't actually addressed that, so you're either too stupid to understand my posts or not reading them (likely).
    Can you read? I'm starting to believe you can't.
    says the guy who cannot process this post, so here it is again: "seriously, show me a post that's not majority you saying "but America is WORSE" and i would change my mind. Ecuador's hypocrisy on human rights is not invalidated because you don't like something the US did."
    No one is defending Ecuador here...
    ...except for kingblaze84, who actively posts "AMERICA IS MUCH WORSE" in response to ANYTHING being said about Ecuador. keep giving them a pass and pretending you're not, though.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    @kingblaze84

Bro, this argument is not about America's misdeeds, it is about Snowdens actions after exposing America and the countries he leaned on for support in his cause. You also have to Compare China and Russia but regardless, he hasn't chosen any countries that are truly in support of his cause which is the point of this topic. America can be a million times worse, but choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing an evil and it dilutes his message and obscures his intent.

Wikileaks and Snowden's many supporters, along with me strongly disagree with you. I hope he gets away from all this and continues leaking out the crimes American govt is doing worldwide and nationwide as well. People are fed up with the wild corruption of this ? govt, Democrats and Republicans and wish Snowden all the best.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Sooo Snowden is an official traitor. ? that noise. This dude siding with russkies. So he outs one criminal government and flees to another support huh?

Edward Snowden Wants Asylum In Russia Until He Can Get To Latin America: Human Rights Official

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/edward-snowden-asylum-russia_n_3585903.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=54qK_T6YmKQ

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just started reading up on this story and the funny thing is that the NSA is charging him with spying when he was a whistle blower of the NSA's illegal spying on Americans.

Lol

• janklow
    Options
    Sooo Snowden is an official traitor. ? that noise. This dude siding with russkies. So he outs one criminal government and flees to another support huh?
    but but but AMERIKKKA IS THE WORST
  • kingblaze84
    Options

AmeriKKKA has and is doing worst, ? the American govt
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2013
    Options

Then move to Russia my ? . You know they love black folks over there even more then America.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Then move to Russia my ? . You know they love black folks over there even more then America.

When my money is right I'll move somewhere else believe me.
  • janklow
    Options
    ha

a lot of people say this, and it never, ever happens

• kingblaze84
    Options
    ha

a lot of people say this, and it never, ever happens

And many people HAVE moved from America to overseas, Halle Berry comes to mind and some other people I know. If you're willing to help me move, a small donation is always nice
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Large donation even better
  • janklow
    Options
    And many people HAVE moved from America to overseas, Halle Berry comes to mind and some other people I know. If you're willing to help me move, a small donation is always nice
    Halle Berry is more of a millionaire flitting about globally as she sees fit. rich people are not who we're talking about here unless posters want to start revealing themselves as independently wealthy

also, giving you a $0 donation helps prove my point, so pass on that