300: Rise of an Empire Official Trailer #1 (2014)

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    ? up thing is that it kinda has potential, ? simply doesnt deliver.

U might wanna pick up a history book ....the battle of thermipolae was more of a naval engagement than anything the 300 ? is what they chose to isolate
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    End of the ? was trash
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie delivered what I expected. It kept the same atmosphere and brutality of the first. I also liked how they told the story in three different phases. I did not expect much from the movie, but I don't think it was a let down since the first one was just about blood, special effects and brutality as well.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So
    part happening t nah
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Bout to watch it now it starts at 4:40
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    I'm dying watching Xerxes turn into an 8ft flamboyant ?
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i loved it. as a stand alone its better than the first but Leonidas is such a great character and the way the Spartans carried themselves was so much more memorable. the way this film unfolded was a lot cleaner thouugh it cant be compared becasue it draws so much from the first, naturally
    its basically a semi prequel
    side along
    and immediate sequel

Themisticles is good in my book
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this one directed by Snyder?

I hear there are rumors of a 3rd movie, but its going to be about Xerxes rise to power.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    This movie mostly runs concurrently as the first one. The battle of Thermypolae was more of a naval engagement than anything. The 300 were just a small part of the battle. Like how the movie tied everything in.....especially how the warring city stated put their beef aside for a common goal
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Also Spartans>>>>Athenians when it comes to hand to hand combat
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Is this one directed by Snyder?

I hear there are rumors of a 3rd movie, but its going to be about Xerxes rise to power.

nah Snyder's only a producer and screenwriter on this one. he had to give it up since he was working on Man of Steel. Visually it still feels like a Snyder film though.

I could see there being a 3rd movie since this one didn't really have an actual ending...I wonder if they'll tie in Xerxes' rise to power with his fight against the Greeks, similarly to how this one had the different parts of time in it as well.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    movie was alright. obviously it's a straight up action film so you can't expect too much, but I liked it. some nice ? in her, and the fight/? scene was kinda hot. Found a way to work some humor in as well without being cheesy, i.e. "You fight better than you ? ". Thought all the obvious hints towards the first movie were cheesy though. Luckily those were only in the first part of the movie. I'll be honest, the only 2 female characters in the movie were definitely the best parts of this film.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HdNn5TZu6R8
    Still the goat battle scene from both movies
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U might wanna pick up a history book ....the battle of thermipolae was more of a naval engagement than anything the 300 ? is what they chose to isolate

lmao there is absolutely nothing historically accurate about the 300 movies.

in this movie(and also the first) it was stressed that sparta gave everything, king, men, everyone lol, now at the end, all of a sudden the queen of sparta has a thousand souljahs with a hundred ships to spare? I get how they can still have ships, but all those men?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In real life the Spartans were ? and enslaves other Greeks. Athens saved the day in history.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lmao there is absolutely nothing historically accurate about the 300 movies.

in this movie(and also the first) it was stressed that sparta gave everything, king, men, everyone lol, now at the end, all of a sudden the queen of sparta has a thousand souljahs with a hundred ships to spare? I get how they can still have ships, but all those men?

Sparta has thousands of men in the movie but the senate or whatever wouldn't let Leonidas use them.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VisionBOasis
    VisionBOasis Members Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed it and I'm guessing there might be a 3rd.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? what you heard, this movie was the ? . The original 300 had the superior lead character in Leonidas, but in overall terms of what a movie brings to the table, 300: Rise of an Empire had more depth and was more of an all-encompassing movie than the first. Everybody had a purpose, everybody had a fleshed-out backstory, the action was top notch, the battle tactics were well-executed, and even though Themisticles wasn't as inspiring as Leonidas he was still great. And Eva Green's sex scene >>>>>>>>>> Lena Heady's sex scene in the first.

I came in this movie hoping it would be half as good as the first, and it blew my expectations away. It was a better film than the first 300 to me, and that's saying a lot.
    Seen it...

its quite the letdown
    wtf? Leonidas just died and all of a sudden there are a couple thousand spartans with a hundred ships ready to defeat xerxes navy? Story didnt make any sense...

Fam they explained this not only in this movie but in the first one too. Leonidas didn't have the support of the council in the first film and so could only take a small company of men. The Persians killing him, the Spartan king, was essentially a declaration of war, which meant the entire Spartan army could be called to action. It made perfect sense.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who did Eva green smash? please tell me it was a lesbian scene with Lena Heady.....
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    who did Eva green smash? please tell me it was a lesbian scene with Lena Heady.....

She smashed Themisticles, the Greek naval commander, after she requested a personal audience that everyone in the theater knew was gonna end with some ? as soon as she emerged with a ? sticking out.

Only disappointment for him was that he turned her offer to join her down before he got to nut. I would have given that ? the silent treatment until I let off in them sugar walls.

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This will be good, I hope Iran catches as many feelings over this as they did for 300. They were as mad as hornets back then.

300 Sparks an Outcry in Iran

All of Tehran was outraged. Everywhere I went yesterday, the talk vibrated with indignation over the film 300 — a movie no one in Iran has seen but everyone seems to know about since it became a major box office surprise in the U.S.....

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1598886,00.html

this-is-sparta-7.jpg
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Incredible movie and I loved how the plot was interwoven with the first one
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »

She smashed Themisticles, the Greek naval commander, after she requested a personal audience that everyone in the theater knew was gonna end with some ? as soon as she emerged with a ? sticking out.

Only disappointment for him was that he turned her offer to join her down before he got to nut. I would have given that ? the silent treatment until I let off in them sugar walls.

Lol!! ? I was thinkin the same thing. Hell I would've lied and said "Aiight," buss, and then hit wit the "Aye about what I said, I ain't gonna be able to do that cuz."

Lol @ the look he and his potnas gave to each other when he got back.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    went and saw it in IMAX today was worth every penny I co-sign going to see this movie